• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in UCL if league is scrapped?

Surely the elephant in the room is the idea of a Champion's League returning.

When countries lift their travel restrictions, they will add in a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone entering.

This will likely be until 2022 when a possible vaccine is widespread.

Mid week European football in a 2020/21 season is a fantasy.

When countries lift their travel restrictions, they will add in a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone entering.

Exactly my thoughts
The obsession with finishing the league is for European football and relegation as the titles done
Actually there is a solution....
Freeze the table as is and promote the two top teams below
Then no European football for a season as the travel issues are too vast
5 teams go down next season and Europe commenced in 2021 as normal ish...

Exactly my thoughts
The obsession with finishing the league is for European football and relegation as the titles done
Actually there is a solution....
Freeze the table as is and promote the two top teams below
Then no European football for a season as the travel issues are too vast
5 teams go down next season and Europe commenced in 2021 as normal ish...
I'd say finish the season as it is, with no promotion/relegation, then start a new season when it's safe to do, and then add up points from this unfinished season, with next season to decide title, promotion and relegation.

I'd say finish the season as it is, with no promotion/relegation, then start a new season when it's safe to do, and then add up points from this unfinished season, with next season to decide title, promotion and relegation.
The table would be skewed though due to games played etc... Some teams are a game behind and teams need to play home and away for fairness and balance
At least if they stop it now, bin Europe for a season (which is practical too) there is capacity then for extra teams to play for one season only

The two most logical options for me are finish the season whenever it is safe to do so even if that has ramifications for 2021/22 or make it null and void. Really not sure why Leeds and WBA deserve to come up. What about the current league leaders of league 1 and 2? Do you promote them also? It’s not just about the Premier League.

The cynic in me thinks the idea of promoting the championship clubs wouldn’t even be a discussion if one of those clubs wasn’t Leeds.

The two most logical options for me are finish the season whenever it is safe to do so even if that has ramifications for 2021/22 or make it null and void. Really not sure why Leeds and WBA deserve to come up. What about the current league leaders of league 1 and 2? Do you promote them also? It’s not just about the Premier League.

The cynic in me thinks the idea of promoting the championship clubs wouldn’t even be a discussion if one of those clubs wasn’t Leeds.
You promote everyone in every division that had hit the “threshold”

The table would be skewed though due to games played etc... Some teams are a game behind and teams need to play home and away for fairness and balance
At least if they stop it now, bin Europe for a season (which is practical too) there is capacity then for extra teams to play for one season only
Just end the current points after whatever number of games the team with least games have played.

Just end the current points after whatever number of games the team with least games have played.
But that’s skewed even more as the games that got canned were not just the last round of games
The games in hand could be from several months ago

But that’s skewed even more as the games that got canned were not just the last round of games
The games in hand could be from several months ago
So? Every team would have played the same amount of games, and every team would have played different teams, but over a "season" covering 1 and 3/4 seasons, it would provide as fair a result as any other option. Even more fair imo.

You might be right, but could still have a CL in 20/21 though would need to restructure it. For example, move league games around and then play two batches of CL games Sat-Wed-Sat at a neutral venue say in Oct and December.

Then you'd probably need to have a similar batch of knock-out games after xmas. Perhaps by later rounds a vaccine might have arrived or restrictions would be reduced

I can't see there not being a CL next season though. Too much money and prestige riding on it

I miss the footy but sadly it needs a vaccine before it can start again.
So season 21/22, everything else will be a fudge

You might be right, but could still have a CL in 20/21 though would need to restructure it. For example, move league games around and then play two batches of CL games Sat-Wed-Sat at a neutral venue say in Oct and December.

Then you'd probably need to have a similar batch of knock-out games after xmas. Perhaps by later rounds a vaccine might have arrived or restrictions would be reduced

I can't see there not being a CL next season though. Too much money and prestige riding on it
Then it would make the league itself farcical
The easiest thing is if (the big if) they. And work out Logistics of playing behind closed doors you play only in England and that’s it

imagine an English team goes should to Italy to play and someone gets Corona virus.... uproar and more deaths potentially.

I will say that the players IMO will kick off I’ve restarting the league and that will stop anything happening to the current one at least

If football was still an amateur sport, we wouldn’t have this discussion. I'm sure even if this was the 80s, the season would've been ended a long time ago.

And the people constantly pushing forward get the Premier League started are journos who make their living covering Premier League.
Few other industries have a powerful media constantly lobbying for them.
That's the only reason it's been talked about.

And the people constantly pushing forward get the Premier League started are journos who make their living covering Premier League.
Few other industries have a powerful media constantly lobbying for them.
That's the only reason it's been talked about.

Fair points but I think there are a lot of fans that would want to see the league finished. It only seems right to me, it should be a question of when rather than if but that "when" is only when it's absolutely safe to do so.

Also just an fyi, I'm pretty sure you can change the red bull affiliation now bro (unless you managed to get a better sponsorship deal than I did ;))

Fair points but I think there are a lot of fans that would want to see the league finished. It only seems right to me, it should be a question of when rather than if but that "when" is only when it's absolutely safe to do so.

Also just an fyi, I'm pretty sure you can change the red bull affiliation now bro (unless you managed to get a better sponsorship deal than I did ;))
I think it all depends on what the alternative are

from most social media I’ve seen most fans are appalled at the thought of starting again soon

most would like the league scrapped and void so clubs can focus on a solution for next season

the only ones saying it HAS to be played are Leeds and Liverpool fans

Leagues already finished afaic and any attempt at continuing it on will garner little to no interest from myself. Football being resumed is one of the last things on my mind atm

Back