• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs at the World Cup

Paulinho is a fantastic player.. Admittedly under AVB his inability to take fewer than 4 touches and his sometimes-wayward passing frustrated me, but these were symptoms of the manager's style and a lack of adjustment to English football. He is really settling in now and will be one of our key players from next season until he leaves the club.

Against Stoke, his final game before the multiple-month injury layoff afflicted by the cvnt Charlie Adam, he looked like one of the best CMs around. He ran the game, had some excellent flare touches and was generally reminiscent of the sort of powerful, technical midfielder that is so important in modern football (See Yaya, Fernandinho, Matic, Vidal). Since coming back he has taken a bit of time to settle but against Fulham he looked back to his best and again ran the show alongside Eriksen.

I have been pretty absent from this board recently, so it comes as a surprise that Paulinho is apparently sh!t. He and Eriksen are the only two certainties in midfield for me next year, provided they remain Spurs players. I think the world (Spurs fans especially) will be reminded of Paulinho's quality at the World Cup.
Look, unlike you we don't get sufficient time to watch every Brazil game. We can only judge Paulinho's ability by what we've seen of him in a Spurs shirt.

From what I've seen, I think he is ****ing average but, more importantly, a coward and a liability. You can get away with being a wimp in other countries but not here.

Look, unlike you we don't get sufficient time to watch every Brazil game. We can only judge Paulinho's ability by what we've seen of him in a Spurs shirt.

From what I've seen, I think he is ****ing average but, more importantly, a coward and a liability. You can get away with being a wimp in other countries but not here.

If it's any consolation, I've watched many(but not every) Brazil games and Paulinho has looked just as average for them as he does for us.

Blame it on Sherwood for dropping and then selling Defoe. I think Defoe would have had more chances to go to WC if he had stayed with Spurs instead of going to Canada.

This site is amazing at times. You think it was Sherwood that sold Defoe?:ross::ross:

Bentaleb (Algeria)
Chadli (Belgium)
Dembele (Belgium)
Vertonghen (Belgium)
Paulinho (Brazil)
Lloris (France)

Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Cameroon) is in the preliminary 28-man squad.

Luongo is in Australia's preliminary 30-man squad. Almost counts as a Spurs player.

What about former Spurs?

Luongo (Aus)
Postiga (Por)
Corluka & Modric & Pletikosa & Kranjcar (Cro)
Dos Santos (Mex)
Van Der Vaart (Hol)
Zokora (Ivo)
Palacios (Hon)
Ziegler (Sui)
Boateng (Gha)
Dempsey (USA)

Bentaleb (Algeria)
Chadli (Belgium)
Dembele (Belgium)
Vertonghen (Belgium)
Paulinho (Brazil)
Lloris (France)

Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Cameroon) is in the preliminary 28-man squad.

Luongo is in Australia's preliminary 30-man squad. Almost counts as a Spurs player.
I reckon Belgium - Russia match will have a solid world-wide audience. Especially in England.

If it's any consolation, I've watched many(but not every) Brazil games and Paulinho has looked just as average for them as he does for us.

Paulie is just like fatty Frank, if he isnt scoring he just looks average......i think if he moves to Chelski for next season as frankies replacement then mourinho will get more goals out of him

Paulie is just like fatty Frank, if he isnt scoring he just looks average......i think if he moves to Chelski for next season as frankies replacement then mourinho will get more goals out of him

Lampard is a consistent thread from range though, I haven't really seen anything from Paulinho to indicate that he would be the same.

To me Paulinho is more like Ramires than Lampard.

Lampard is a consistent thread from range though, I haven't really seen anything from Paulinho to indicate that he would be the same.

To me Paulinho is more like Ramires than Lampard.

nah, Ramires is a better tackler, better defensively than Paulie.....most of Lampards long range goals are deflected arent they? Paulie isnt so lucky:) The way they are similar is how they ghost into the box, both Paulie and Lampard

nah, Ramires is a better tackler, better defensively than Paulie.....most of Lampards long range goals are deflected arent they? Paulie isnt so lucky:) The way they are similar is how they ghost into the box, both Paulie and Lampard

I thought Ramires looked a bit lost and defensively lightweight in his first PL season too.

Yeah Lampard scored a good few deflected shots, but he kept putting good shots on target from range and then some deflected in imo. Yet to see Paulinho do that consistently. Agree about the ghosting into the box.

If Chelsea want Pauline then Lukaku has to come the other way otherwise what would be the point ? we can spare a midfielder they do not seem to want Lukaku ,win win for me not saying he's a bad player and will not get better just that we need a strong pl experienced goal scoring striker more than a adapting am that we are already well stocked up in the position

A dopey Chelsea fan at work tells me him and maurine had a spat pre season and that was Lukaku's lot for maurine don't know if true

brazil has enough creativity all round and those selected are consistently better than the young countinho.

brazil has the advantage of having a very settled midfield, i think they will win the world cup!

I think it's still provisional. He hasn't been involved much in the lead up but we've got a new boss and a void of talent since the "golden generation" of Kewell, Viduka, bresciano, etc

He's giving youth a chance.

When you've got the last tournament's winner and runner up in your group, you've lost all hope anyway.

I'm surprised VDV still gets in their squad. Hes been awful last couple of seasons since his move.

Back