• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs at the World Cup

The Fatman

Espen Baardsen
Have we got many players going to the World Cup? I mean shoe in, or do most of our player going to get a summer break?

Definites:
Lloris
Assou-Ekotto
Vertonghen
Dembele
Chadli
Bentaleb
Paulinho

Maybe:
Walker
Lamela

Unlikely:

Sandro

Australia

Iran

Japan

South Korea

Algeria
Bentaleb

Cameroon
Assou-Ekotto

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Nigeria

Costa Rica

Honduras

Mexico

United States
Friedel

Argentina
Lamela

Brazil
Gomes
Sandro
Paulinho

Chile

Colombia

Ecuador

Uruguay

Belgium
Vertonghen
Chadli
Dembele

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Croatia

England
Walker
Rose
Naughton
Dawson
Lennon
Townsend
Fryers
Kane
Carroll
Livermore

France
Lloris
Kaboul
Capoue

Germany
Holtby

Greece

Italy

Netherlands

Portugal

Russia

Spain
Falque
Soldado

Switzerland

Around 8 or 9 of them would be my guess.

Here's the 10 players we had at the 2010 World Cup Finals:

Heurelho Gomes BRA
Benoît Assou-Ekotto CAM
Sébastien Bassong CAM
Aaron Lennon ENG
Peter Crouch ENG
Jermain Defoe ENG
Ledley King ENG
Michael Dawson ENG
Wilson Palacios HON
Giovani dos Santos MEX

FIFA World Cup Finals 2010 Player Details

What a difference 4 years makes
I wouldn't have any of them in our current squad ( not counting king)

Crouch and Ekotto in the form they were in back then would have been very useful for us. Ekotto all season and Crouch at least while Ade was being sidelined and as an option afterwards. Not a big fan of Bassong, but he wouldn't have been worse than all of our central defenders this season I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sandro and Paulinho for Brazil, and Verts for Holland.

Would be nice for some of our young players like Lamela, Holtby and Walker going along for the ride too.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sandro and Paulinho for Brazil, and Verts for Holland.

Would be nice for some of our young players like Lamela, Holtby and Walker going along for the ride too.

If Belgium draw Netherlands at some point, does it affect the space time continuum?

I doubt Sandro or Lamela will make the final squads. Let alone Holtby. Walker is injured.

There's a fair chance Walker will feature against Aston Villa on Sunday.

If he does, I wouldn't rule against his inclusion in Roy's squad of 23.

Arsenal will be wheeling out Wheelchair for their final game as well.

Sandro misses out :( But Paulihno named in Brazil squad

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC, on loan from QPR), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico Mineiro).
Defenders: Marcelo (Real Madrid), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (AS Roma), Maxwell and Thiago Silva (both Paris St-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Napoli).
Midfielders: Paulinho (Tottenham Hotspur), Ramires (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea), Hernanes (Inter Milan), Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Fernandinho (Emirates Marketing Project).
Forwards: Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk), Neymar (Barcelona), Fred (Fluminense), Jo (Atletico Mineiro), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg).

Back