• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I think he deserves some sympathy, he gives his all for our club and is a great ambassador for us. Perhaps we should stop all our players representing their nations and ensure they don't get injured, might be a problem signing players who have ambitions of playing for their country, that may not be best for Spurs.

I can have sympathy and be happy he’s coming back to Spurs at the same time. All the people (one person) cheering for all our players to win every mid season tournament can’t have watched many of our games this season. If they did surely they would realise how we have been decimated by injuries. It’s coming up to 3 months since we’ve been able to field a fully strength team!

I can have sympathy and be happy he’s coming back to Spurs at the same time. All the people (one person) cheering for all our players to win every mid season tournament can’t have watched many of our games this season. If they did surely they would realise how we have been decimated by injuries. It’s coming up to 3 months since we’ve been able to field a fully strength team!

It's all part of the game, we've had in tough, just got to hope things improve, no use being upset by what's gone, I like to look how well we've done in testing circumstances.

I’m going to engage in some unbelievably embarrassing nit picking, for which I’m genuinely sorry! However, it needs to be done 😂. Our injuries this season have been far worse than ‘decimation’, particularly our first team injuries. Decimation was an old Roman military punishment that was particularly brutal (give it a google) but it only affected 1 in 10. We deffo had way more than that missing!

Right, that’s it. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I shall now crawl under a rock and never post here again. Sorry.

Name a PL team who can regularly name a full strength team? Go watch a Liverpool game bro.

He will be with us

I'm sure he might consider retiring from internationals (he's carried that side for a long time), not sure what the Korean reaction to that will be.
Be brilliant for us if he did retire from playing for South Korea

It's all part of the game, we've had in tough, just got to hope things improve, no use being upset by what's gone, I like to look how well we've done in testing circumstances.

Honestly I’ve never known an injury crisis quite like it for Spurs. You always know injuries are going to occur but it’s been an absolute tinkle take this season. And we’re not the only ones, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton and United have suffered.

Name a PL team who can regularly name a full strength team? Go watch a Liverpool game bro.

But not being able to name a full strength team for 3 months is a completely different kettle of fish. Its led to the likes of Bentancur coming back too soon from injury because the players knew how under the cosh we were.

Reactions: jrh
But not being able to name a full strength team for 3 months is a completely different kettle of fish. Its led to the likes of Bentancur coming back too soon from injury because the players knew how under the cosh we were.
Fair, I wasn't hoping the players stayed away to cause us a problem though, clearly.

I just want them to do well individually, especially think winning a tournament could be super valuable for growth and then going on to help us win trophies in the future. You can never have too many major trophy winners among your squad.

But anyway, not worth arguing over. Agree to disagree.

Fair, I wasn't hoping the players stayed away to cause us a problem though, clearly.

I just want them to do well individually, especially think winning a tournament could be super valuable for growth and then going on to help us win trophies in the future. You can never have too many major trophy winners among your squad.

@Jurgen the German this is all I mean... How you can welcome this kind of heart ache on a player you support, our captain no less... I don't know.

son.jpg

Last edited:
International football sucks sometimes doesn't it. You can be proud to play for your country but its not his fault that his team are not the strongest. Same with Bale for Wales, Haaland and Salah etc. He should just be proud he has played 14 years for his country and has 120 odd caps etc.

International football sucks sometimes doesn't it. You can be proud to play for your country but its not his fault that his team are not the strongest. Same with Bale for Wales, Haaland and Salah etc. He should just be proud he has played 14 years for his country and has 120 odd caps etc.
I'm sure he is very proud of his achievements for his country, and rightly so. But at the moment, he's hurting. I can't even imagine what it's like to be the one that millions of people look up to, to make the difference between having a bad day and running through the streets in celebration.

Some players identify strongly with their country, some less so. As a Spurs fan, I'd rather have a Giggs than a Bale. But as a sports fan (and therefore an incurable romantic), I'd choose Bale every time.

I’m going to engage in some unbelievably embarrassing nit picking, for which I’m genuinely sorry! However, it needs to be done 😂. Our injuries this season have been far worse than ‘decimation’, particularly our first team injuries. Decimation was an old Roman military punishment that was particularly brutal (give it a google) but it only affected 1 in 10. We deffo had way more than that missing!

Right, that’s it. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I shall now crawl under a rock and never post here again. Sorry.

Our season has been more like genghis khans black tent.

Here we see Genghis’s not-so-nice behavior on display. His system was to surround a city and raise a white tent. If the people inside the city did not surrender by the end of the day, he put up the red tent, which meant that all men of fighting age would die. Allow another day to pass and Genghis would raise the black tent, telling the city that all living things were to be killed and the Mongols would begin attacking and razing the city. Not very surprisingly, northern China would lose as much as a third of its population by the time the Mongols were finished with the Jin Dynasty. In 1211, the Mongol troops met the main Jin army and when the day was done, half a million Chinese troops had been killed.

Genghis Khan may never have said the following quote, but it wouldn’t be so far off from his true personality:
The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

^^This makes me think of Gooners

No worries. I had a similar thought process during the last World Cup. I wanted our players to do well but I also wanted them back ASAP. The worst scenario for us would have been England v Argentina in the final and one set of players comes back gutted and both come back tired. I don’t get any joy seeing our players upset, but at the same time we need them back. It feels like we are up against it with our rivals in terms of spending power, wages etc. Not to mention they are some bloody good teams. And it’s even harder when half the squad is either injured or away on international duty. The rest of the league has got stronger too. There just aren’t many teams that get battered every week other than Sheffield United.

Here we see Genghis’s not-so-nice behavior on display. His system was to surround a city and raise a white tent. If the people inside the city did not surrender by the end of the day, he put up the red tent, which meant that all men of fighting age would die. Allow another day to pass and Genghis would raise the black tent, telling the city that all living things were to be killed and the Mongols would begin attacking and razing the city. Not very surprisingly, northern China would lose as much as a third of its population by the time the Mongols were finished with the Jin Dynasty. In 1211, the Mongol troops met the main Jin army and when the day was done, half a million Chinese troops had been killed.

Genghis Khan may never have said the following quote, but it wouldn’t be so far off from his true personality:
The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

^^This makes me think of Gooners

They learned not to mess with him though. After he'd conquered a city, months later he'd send one of his men back alone. They'd walk in the city and kill a few people at random. If they were harmed the city would burn.

Thought it was more persia that got the brunt than china though. After they killed a couple of his envoys.

The good old days.

Appreciate the nit picking combined with historic trivia. Have at it at any of my posts at least.

While we're nitpicking...

As you point out one in ten, but significantly more brutal than a pulled hamstring, or even a ruptured ACL. So actually our injury situation has been much better than decimation. Had Ange or Levy implemented Roman style decimation on the squad the one in ten would obviously not be looking at a recovery in this life and it may have had a rather negative impact on both the other players and our recruitment.

Back