• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I think when he comes back (which will hopefully be after the aussie game on Friday) he is going to be out injured for about a month.

The only upside is we don’t have European football and we’re out of the cups so the games won’t come as thick and fast as they will for other teams. But yeah it’s far from ideal.

The only upside is we don’t have European football and we’re out of the cups so the games won’t come as thick and fast as they will for other teams. But yeah it’s far from ideal.
He was already managing the knee with us though, probably in a similar way to Maddison was with his ankle before he finally had to sit it out for three months.

With Son now being flogged every few days and seeing him limp through games I think he will also need to take an extended break when he comes home.

Don’t think it will be as long as three months but could easily be 4-6 weeks imo.

He was already managing the knee with us though, probably in a similar way to Maddison was with his ankle before he finally had to sit it out for three months.

With Son now being flogged every few days and seeing him limp through games I think he will also need to take an extended break when he comes home.

Don’t think it will be as long as three months but could easily be 4-6 weeks imo.
Completely baseless speculation on your part.

Completely baseless speculation on your part.
Its not speculation that he was managing his knee with us in a similar way to how Maddison was with his ankle prior to the chelsea game, its not speculation that the same knee is heavily bandaged during these South Korea games, its not speculation that he is limping through games and struggling to show his normal acceleration, its not speculation that he is playing every minute of every game and extra time, its not speculation that South Korea are playing every few days.

Very likely he will need to sit it out for an extended period when he gets back because of the condition of his knee. Of course we will see if it turns out that way but sticking your head in the sand doesn’t change the reality of the situation.

Its not speculation that he was managing his knee with us in a similar way to how Maddison was with his ankle prior to the chelsea game, its not speculation that the same knee is heavily bandaged during these South Korea games, its not speculation that he is limping through games and struggling to show his normal acceleration, its not speculation that he is playing every minute of every game and extra time, its not speculation that South Korea are playing every few days.

Very likely he will need to sit it out for an extended period when he gets back because of the condition of his knee. Of course we will see if it turns out that way but sticking your head in the sand doesn’t change the reality of the situation.
Sticking my head in the sand? 🤣

He's played 4 games in 2 weeks (first game on the 15th, most recent on the 31st), reportedly had a bit of a limp against Saudi Arabia and you've jumped to the conclusion of: "Don’t think it will be as long as three months but could easily be 4-6 weeks imo."

Absolute nonsense speculation.

He's played 4 games in 2 weeks (first game on the 15th, most recent on the 31st), reportedly had a bit of a limp against Saudi Arabia and you've jumped to the conclusion of: "Don’t think it will be as long as three months but could easily be 4-6 weeks imo."

😘

I think people are naturally a bit cautious/worried given the rotten luck we’ve had with injuries. I’m not saying Ajax is right, but I can understand why fans are concerned especially if it looks like our players are nursing injuries.

I think people are naturally a bit cautious/worried given the rotten luck we’ve had with injuries. I’m not saying Ajax is right, but I can understand why fans are concerned especially if it looks like our players are nursing injuries.
I'm not saying they can't be concerned. I'm saying "Don’t think it will be as long as three months but could easily be 4-6 weeks imo" is completely baseless speculation.

I'm not saying they can't be concerned. I'm saying "Don’t think it will be as long as three months but could easily be 4-6 weeks imo" is completely baseless speculation.

Fair enough. I agree we just don’t know. Obviously we’ve known about these tournaments for a while and knew it would affect us, but given the sheer number of injuries we’ve had I totally get why fans want our players back sooner rather than later even if it means they experience some heartache as having players away at two international tournaments in the middle of the season at the same time isn’t ideal. You’d get fans being far more supportive of our players if the tournaments were in the summer but it is what it is.

Back