• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He’s had more than 50 league appearances since he joined us, do you want him to start every game?
But has never had a proper run in the team. How can anyone find form if they are dropped every other game? Are you genuinely being serious with that statement? If Son starts once in a blue moon and people start to criticise his performance i am sure you would mention him needing a run in the team.

He has improved his game. He got 10 assists in the league for the last two seasons and has 6 this season. To criticise a player’s overall game after scoring a hat trick is harsh to say the least and I’d say it’s not being objective. The first goal wasn’t exactly an easy finish either, on his weak foot, outside the area, on the volley. If all three goals were tap ins or if they were the last goals in a 6-0 rout then I’d say you may have a point but they were all excellent finishes and I don’t recall him missing any other chances either.
Missed a sitter on Saturday. I’m sure if you go back and watch every game this season(Obviously not realistic) and focused on Son’s game you will see where i am coming from. I don’t deny they are good goals, i have said he can shoot its the rest of his game. We can sit and argue about it all day, its my opinion and i respect yours but we are never going to agree.

But has never had a proper run in the team. How can anyone find form if they are dropped every other game? Are you genuinely being serious with that statement? If Son starts once in a blue moon and people start to criticise his performance i am sure you would mention him needing a run in the team.

I’d suggest he’s not had a proper run in the team because he has not done enough to warrant it. It’s not easy for subs but you have to make a good impression in a short space of time but for me, Bergwijn hasn’t made enough of an impact to warrant dropping Son for. Bring Son off earlier by all means but you don’t drop one of your two best players if they have 1-2 bad games.

Missed a sitter on Saturday. I’m sure if you go back and watch every game this season(Obviously not realistic) and focused on Son’s game you will see where i am coming from. I don’t deny they are good goals, i have said he can shoot its the rest of his game. We can sit and argue about it all day, its my opinion and i respect yours but we are never going to agree.

Bergwin missed our best chance of the game. I posted Son’s assist stats but you either overlooked them or ignored them. Amazing how Son and Kane expected to carry us every week with no off days but the other 9 players can not turn up and it’s totally fine.

I’d suggest he’s not had a proper run in the team because he has not done enough to warrant it. It’s not easy for subs but you have to make a good impression in a short space of time but for me, Bergwijn hasn’t made enough of an impact to warrant dropping Son for. Bring Son off earlier by all means but you don’t drop one of your two best players if they have 1-2 bad games.
He hasn't had a proper run because no matter how bad Kane and Son have been they never get dropped because all of our managers have never had the bottle to do it because they don't want to upset the star players.

Bergwin missed our best chance of the game. I posted Son’s assist stats but you either overlooked them or ignored them. Amazing how Son and Kane expected to carry us every week with no off days but the other 9 players can not turn up and it’s totally fine.
I criticise everyone that needs to be criticised, the only reason this one is dragging on is because everyone see's these 2 players as undroppable. You only have to look at other threads, Hojberg, Romero, Davies etc and i give criticism when i feel it warrants it.

He hasn't had a proper run because no matter how bad Kane and Son have been they never get dropped because all of our managers have never had the bottle to do it because they don't want to upset the star players.

And because the players we have on the bench are nowhere near as good as Kane and Son. It’s the same reason why Lloris doesn’t get dropped when he has a bad spell. I’m all for signing better players to keep the star players on their toes.

Mourinho and Conte are the type of managers to bow to their star players? Could it be perhaps that most managers don't drop first team players based on a short run of games?

Someone posted Sons record this season in comparison to other top goalscorers in an attempt to show that his streaky days were behind him (which games he scored/assisted in and how many in-between) this showed that he has consistently scored/assisted over the course of the season at a similar or better rate than his peers (in terms of consistency and in terms of total numbers) yet you think the reason he is picked is because Conte doesn't have the bottle to drop a star player?

Last edited:
Mourinho and Conte are the type of managers to bow to their star players? Could it be perhaps that most managers don't drop first team players based on a short run of games?

Someone posted Sons record this season in comparison to other top goalscorers in an attempt to show that his streaky days were behind him (which games he scored/assisted in and how many in-between) this showed that he has consistently scored/assisted over the course of the season at a similar or better rate than his peers (in terms of consistency and in terms of total numbers) yet you think the reason he is picked is because Conte doesn't have the bottle to drop a star player?

The issue with that, is that said peers are brick, his numbers are always going to be higher because he’s a far superior player.

It’s not about where his numbers are to others, it’s where they are to his talent.

I think it's fairly clear that Conte just didn't rate Bergwijn as highly as he rates Kane & Son and now Kulu. He could have dropped any of the three for Bergwijn yet he never has, he could bring Bergwijn on earlier during a game; he rarely does. If you think back to the pre Kulu period, Moura got games ahead of Berg.

So it does have to be said @Yiddo the coach in Conte clearly does not rate him as highly you do. Rightly or wrongly.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I think it's fairly clear that Conte just didn't rate Bergwijn as highly as he rates Kane & Son and now Kulu. He could have dropped any of the three for Bergwijn yet he never has, he could bring Bergwijn on earlier during a game; he rarely does. If you think back to the pre Kulu period, Moura got games ahead of Berg.

So it does have to be said @Yiddo the coach in Conte clearly does not rate him as highly you do. Rightly or wrongly.

Agree with all of the above and it says something (that some people don’t want to acknowledge) that Moura gets on the field much earlier than Bergwijn does...

He should be dropped based on one poor game judging by some of the comments here.

There was a quote by Conte last week which I think sums it up.

Antonio Conte has remarked to staff: “I look to the bench and then I look back to the pitch.” #thfc [
@Dan_KP
]

Three goals behind Salah now. Could he do it?

Nah. If it gets close he will get a couple of pens.

Son has a great chance if he could gain a goal on him next week. If he is within a goal with 2 games left, Harry should hand over the penalty taking to him, thats if we ever get another one this season

Back