• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

When Son is off form he can sometimes/often look absolutely useless - combine that with our patchy/poor form this season then it's easy to see why there was more scrutiny on him at times, especially as before Kulusevski it was only him and Kane we could look to for attacking threat.

We used to have Alli and Eriksen as goal threats which meant Kane and Son didn’t have to score in every game. Obviously we don’t have that anymore which puts more pressure on them but that’s more of a failing of the club by not replacing them adequately. Our next highest scorer is own goals followed by Bergwijn with 3 league goals. Kulusevski has done very well so far and hopefully we can nail him to a permanent deal and he can contribute goals next season.

We used to have Alli and Eriksen as goal threats which meant Kane and Son didn’t have to score in every game. Obviously we don’t have that anymore which puts more pressure on them but that’s more of a failing of the club by not replacing them adequately. Our next highest scorer is own goals followed by Bergwijn with 3 league goals. Kulusevski has done very well so far and hopefully we can nail him to a permanent deal and he can contribute goals next season.

I'm impressed but Own Goal's recent resurgence. I thought his career was permanently on the wane after Jamie Carragher's retirement.

If we want him, we've got him. It seems the terms of his move contain more than one way in which the transfer becomes permanent depending on if & when we choose to do it, or if it's triggered by achievements.

If we want him, we've got him. It seems the terms of his move contain more than one way in which the transfer becomes permanent depending on if & when we choose to do it, or if it's triggered by achievements.

AFAIK there isn't a contract with him in place. So if he wanted to move elsewhere instead we wouldn't quite have him regardless of circumstances. But I think it's almost certain he will end up on a permanent deal with us.

When Son is off form he can sometimes/often look absolutely useless - combine that with our patchy/poor form this season then it's easy to see why there was more scrutiny on him at times, especially as before Kulusevski it was only him and Kane we could look to for attacking threat.

I know this isn't the most popular view, but he can look fairly useless for solid stretches of a game even when on form. But put him in a situation running in behind our running at players with space to exploit. Get him into a situation to use either foot for heat end product, get that bit of separation if needed. World class, in those situations.

Sometimes I think criticism of his form has been over the top, often been more just a question of him not getting the ball in the situations he thrives in.

His recent poor form has been different imo. Not at his best with end product and struggled even more in phases of play he isn't at his best in.

Looks like he's turning things around now though. Hopefully he'll be at his best soon.

I know this isn't the most popular view, but he can look fairly useless for solid stretches of a game even when on form. But put him in a situation running in behind our running at players with space to exploit. Get him into a situation to use either foot for heat end product, get that bit of separation if needed. World class, in those situations.

Sometimes I think criticism of his form has been over the top, often been more just a question of him not getting the ball in the situations he thrives in.

His recent poor form has been different imo. Not at his best with end product and struggled even more in phases of play he isn't at his best in.

Looks like he's turning things around now though. Hopefully he'll be at his best soon.

He has his moments when he’s useless, but I still think the calls for him to be benched were sheer lunacy. We don’t have anyone even close to his level on the bench. Would be a different story if we did, but we don’t. Our next highest scorers in the league are OG with 6 then Bergwijn with 3. If you take Son out of the side you also remove one of our two goal threats.

He has his moments when he’s useless, but I still think the calls for him to be benched were sheer lunacy. We don’t have anyone even close to his level on the bench. Would be a different story if we did, but we don’t. Our next highest scorers in the league are OG with 6 then Bergwijn with 3. If you take Son out of the side you also remove one of our two goal threats.
Disagree, Bergwijn is of a good level and would only get better if he was actually given more minutes. He has also shown this for the Netherlands. How many goals do you think Son would have if he was brought in for just five minutes at the end of a game like Bergwijn?
Bergwijn started against West Ham, one of the better teams in the league cup and scored and got an assist. In the PL yes he has only 3 goals, that’s in 495 minutes of football so 165 minutes per goal. Son has a goal in the PL every 167 minutes. Whilst I’m not saying Bergwijn is as good as Son, to suggest Bergwijn would not be a ‘goal threat’ if he played is not right at all….

Disagree, Bergwijn is of a good level and would only get better if he was actually given more minutes. He has also shown this for the Netherlands. How many goals do you think Son would have if he was brought in for just five minutes at the end of a game like Bergwijn?
Bergwijn started against West Ham, one of the better teams in the league cup and scored and got an assist. In the PL yes he has only 3 goals, that’s in 495 minutes of football so 165 minutes per goal. Son has a goal in the PL every 167 minutes. Whilst I’m not saying Bergwijn is as good as Son, to suggest Bergwijn would not be a ‘goal threat’ if he played is not right at all….

Maybe he will, but he hasn’t shown it on a consistent level to warrant dropping Son IMO who has shown it every season he has been here, first season aside. He has scored 4, 14, 12, 12, 11, 17 and 14 (so far) so I find it quite puzzling that he still gets tagged with the term “streaky”. In fact, only Sterling, Mane, Kane & Salah have scored more goals in the PL than him during his time here IIRC

Agree on the whole, but it now looks like bergwyn can provide genuine completion for son. I hope we can keep hold of stevie b, he still has the capacity to be a big star

Maybe he will, but he hasn’t shown it on a consistent level to warrant dropping Son IMO who has shown it every season he has been here, first season aside. He has scored 4, 14, 12, 12, 11, 17 and 14 (so far) so I find it quite puzzling that he still gets tagged with the term “streaky”. In fact, only Sterling, Mane, Kane & Salah have scored more goals in the PL than him during his time here IIRC
He had a defensive role under Jose, so he was never going to have good numbers then. And under Conte he hasn’t been given a chance to show it for more than 5 minutes coming off the bench most weeks. I don’t see it would have hurt when Son was really out of form to start Bergwijn for an hour, he is a good player - we won’t get a better standard of forward sitting on our bench. And Son comes on for last half hour if it’s not really working to terrorise tiring defences, he plays constantly so a rest here and there wouldn’t hurt. Whenever Bergwijn is on something happens, and he also had a goal ruled out for marginal offside when bought on against Southampton. The fact Son is now in better form now doesn’t prove it was right not to rest/drop him for a bit, had he been then he might be in electrifying form now who knows….

He had a defensive role under Jose, so he was never going to have good numbers then. And under Conte he hasn’t been given a chance to show it for more than 5 minutes coming off the bench most weeks. I don’t see it would have hurt when Son was really out of form to start Bergwijn for an hour, he is a good player - we won’t get a better standard of forward sitting on our bench. And Son comes on for last half hour if it’s not really working to terrorise tiring defences, he plays constantly so a rest here and there wouldn’t hurt. Whenever Bergwijn is on something happens, and he also had a goal ruled out for marginal offside when bought on against Southampton. The fact Son is now in better form now doesn’t prove it was right not to rest/drop him for a bit, had he been then he might be in electrifying form now who knows….

Bergwijn has improved but he’s not anywhere near Son’s level yet. As I posted before, only a small number of players have scored more than Son over his tenure and yet still to this day gets hit with the “streaky” tag. 99% of players in the league must be streaky if Son is. He’s also improved his overall game vastly, gets more assists than he used to, creates more chances and his decision making has improved IMO.

Bergwijn has improved but he’s not anywhere near Son’s level yet. As I posted before, only a small number of players have scored more than Son over his tenure and yet still to this day gets hit with the “streaky” tag. 99% of players in the league must be streaky if Son is. He’s also improved his overall game vastly, gets more assists than he used to, creates more chances and his decision making has improved IMO.
I’m not saying Bergwijn is at Sons level, but he isn’t so far off it that he is incapable of covering him for games here and there for Son to recover from tiredness or loss of form. As for him being streaky - he has been labelled that in the past because he tends to score his goals in clusters. Has shown he’s capable of going on runs of scoring for a couple of months, followed by a similar length of time not scoring. Perhaps he has improved that aspect this season, but it’s not unfair to have called him a streaky player. Being streaky doesn’t mean you don’t end up having a very good total output….

Agree on the whole, but it now looks like bergwyn can provide genuine completion for son. I hope we can keep hold of stevie b, he still has the capacity to be a big star

Said earlier if we have to let one of Bergy or Moura leave at the end of the season my choice would be Moura. There is a very good player in Bergy and if he is given more time would show it. imo

People are quite clearly intimating that he is streaky within a season....and I think that has been fair comment.

Said earlier if we have to let one of Bergy or Moura leave at the end of the season my choice would be Moura. There is a very good player in Bergy and if he is given more time would show it. imo
It feels that we are at the end of the road with Moura, there is nothing else to reveal. We all have a pretty good handle on his positives and negatives, and in a drilled system team he doesn't suit

The other thing to consider with all our players is their age and contract length. Moura hits 30 at the start of next season, so the last point to realise a decent fee for him.

People are quite clearly intimating that he is streaky within a season....and I think that has been fair comment.

Maybe in past seasons but his overall play is much better than it was even a couple of years ago. The understanding he has with Kane is telepathic. He still has games where he stinks but even Kane has games that pass him by.

It feels that we are at the end of the road with Moura, there is nothing else to reveal. We all have a pretty good handle on his positives and negatives, and in a drilled system team he doesn't suit

The other thing to consider with all our players is their age and contract length. Moura hits 30 at the start of next season, so the last point to realise a decent fee for him.

Can agree with all of that, love the guy and he always made thing happen but as you say i do not see him being used by Conte very often. If he goes i hope he gets a good move.

Perhaps he has improved that aspect this season, but it’s not unfair to have called him a streaky player. Being streaky doesn’t mean you don’t end up having a very good total output….
Hey Harr, just for fun, here's a little game for you. :D

SPOT THE STREAKY STRIKER

Below is a profile of 10 unidentified PL players, in no particular order, showing the number of goals each has scored game-by-game. Each has scored a total of at least 10 goals for their club in all competitions so far this season. Streaks of five or more blank games are highlighted in red whilst longer scoring runs are picked out in blue.

Your challenge is to identify which one is Son?

Player 1

Player 2

Player 3

Player 4

Player 5

Player 6

Player 7

Player 8

Player 9

Player 10

Last edited:
Hey Harr, just for fun, here's a little game for you. :D

SPOT THE STREAKY STRIKER

Below is a profile of 10 unidentified PL players, in no particular order, showing the number of goals each has scored game-by-game. Each has scored a total of at least 10 goals for their club in all competitions so far this season. Streaks of five or more blank games are highlighted in red whilst longer scoring runs are picked out in blue.

Your challenge is to identify which one is Son?

Player 1

Player 2

Player 3

Player 4

Player 5

Player 6

Player 7

Player 8

Player 9

Player 10

6 is kane?
8 son?