• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Is he perchance looking for a new boot sponsor at the moment? I’m trying to understand Son’s lack of sure-footedness, whilst it’s silly to imagine he’ll capitalise on every opportunity he gets with the ball at his feet it seems he’s falling over more often than not.

It’s not new to see him go through patches of looking a little rusty and as such I don’t want to overreact to it but if we’ve kept Bergwjin around it seems silly to not give him a chance from the start given how he’s has looked of late. I suppose the counter argument is that playing Son in to form does pay off eventually.

Just above the whole team have been doing it for months, don't know what that is all about.

Just above the whole team have been doing it for months, don't know what that is all about.

Maybe it’s because it’s an offensive player I mentioned and we’re a predominantly counter-attacking team it is particularly annoying but it does seem especially pertinent in his case..

Is he perchance looking for a new boot sponsor at the moment? I’m trying to understand Son’s lack of sure-footedness, whilst it’s silly to imagine he’ll capitalise on every opportunity he gets with the ball at his feet it seems he’s falling over more often than not.

It’s not new to see him go through patches of looking a little rusty and as such I don’t want to overreact to it but if we’ve kept Bergwjin around it seems silly to not give him a chance from the start given how he’s has looked of late. I suppose the counter argument is that playing Son in to form does pay off eventually.

Always wonder how dropping Son would see him react, would he take the challenge or would he sulk?

He has been undroppable for seasons because we have no other options, but as you say we have SB - let’s give him a chance.

Always wonder how dropping Son would see him react, would he take the challenge or would he sulk?

He has been undroppable for seasons because we have no other options, but as you say we have SB - let’s give him a chance.
Speaking as someone who's halfway through watching the Sonsational documentary on Amazon, I very much doubt that Sonny would sulk. And if he did, his dad would kick his arse.

Or make him do 8 hours straight of keepy-uppies, which seems to have been a standard punishment in the Son household.

Speaking as someone who's halfway through watching the Sonsational documentary on Amazon, I very much doubt that Sonny would sulk. And if he did, his dad would kick his arse.

Or make him do 8 hours straight of keepy-uppies, which seems to have been a standard punishment in the Son household.

We could also recruit Sonny’s older brother to give him some brutal home truths on the training pitch!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heung-yun-son/profil/spieler/257372

Looks off form. Poor touches, falling over. Don't think his finishing has been as sharp as it can be recently.

Need him back at his best soon.

Looks off form. Poor touches, falling over. Don't think his finishing has been as sharp as it can be recently.

Or play Bergwijn up front for a bit. He always does something up front either from the bench or starting. We have West Ham Sunday, Bergwijn started against them in the cup as the centre forward and got a goal and an assist….

His finishing has been poor for most the season

I really do wonder why Conte keeps playing him and not taking him off.

There must be more to it? Is it to get him to work harder? Improve fitess? get used to the system?

His finishing has been poor for most the season

I really do wonder why Conte keeps playing him and not taking him off.

There must be more to it? Is it to get him to work harder? Improve fitess? get used to the system?

Think he works as hard as ever, seems to tire towards the end as a result of that then gets taken off.

All of the above, along with a hope that he gets a goal to get some confidence flowing?

Think he works as hard as ever, seems to tire towards the end as a result of that then gets taken off.

All of the above, along with a hope that he gets a goal to get some confidence flowing?

He has been a bit lax in getting back and helping out in the past, I think he has improved that under Conte.

Could be as simple as he doesnt like the two other options and he has no interest in giving them minutes to encourage them to leave

Could be as simple as he doesnt like the two other options and he has no interest in giving them minutes to encourage them to leave
That might be a good shout. Give them no chances and no reason to stay.
It sucks when you're subbed on after 91 minutes.

That might be a good shout. Give them no chances and no reason to stay.
It sucks when you're subbed on after 91 minutes.
Noticeable that he brought on Moura and Bergwijn with 2 minutes to go.
A clear message of "you aren't good enough to start, you're not even good enough to replace tired colleagues after 85 mins, nor 80 mins, nor 75 nor 70 nor 65 nor 60... basically.... f*** off elsewhere so I can buy who I want"

A clear message of "you aren't good enough to start, you're not even good enough to replace tired colleagues after 85 mins, nor 80 mins, nor 75 nor 70 nor 65 nor 60... basically.... f*** off elsewhere so I can buy who I want"

I think he only done it so son could get a standing ovation.
Son is not at his best and doesn't look confident, hopefully today will give him a lift.

It’s great to have a settled XI but the problem is with how you’ve perceived Conte’s “clear message” is that it’ll take one or two injuries and we’re going to need the likes of Bergwjin / Sanchez (Rodon?) / Winks. If they have to come in to start games whilst we’re still fighting for something and look rusty we’ll have shot ourselves in the foot.

Conte has said he doesn’t give out gifts (meaning appearances for subs or starts unless I’m mistaken), that’s fair and I understand the approach; it should be an honour to wear the shirt. Keeping squad members on board until summer could be important as well.

Back