• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Indeed we did, but we already knew all about the player and Poch clearly did too. I'm not sure Paul Mitchell's scouting was particularly prominent in getting him...

Not exactly an unknown gem, but we've clearly done some work on identifying what type of players we need.

Not exactly an unknown gem, but we've clearly done some work on identifying what type of players we need.
Indeed,there seems to be some cohesion there. I just wouldn't particularly put this one down to the Mitchell scouting system,but im confident there will be plenty of his we will be celebrating in the near future...

Indeed we did, but we already knew all about the player and Poch clearly did too. I'm not sure Paul Mitchell's scouting was particularly prominent in getting him...

A joint venture between Mitchell and the Levy cheque book and the longest HP Agreement since I bought my first car

Players like Son force the defenders to not just worry about Kane. As their attention drifts to him - it should open more space, more chances for Harry.
That will happen but I think the opposite happened in the last game. The added attention Kane got against CP meant there was a bit more space for the other players. It looked like Harry was being mounted by one Palace centre back or the other all game.

That will happen but I think the opposite happened in the last game. The added attention Kane got against CP meant there was a bit more space for the other players. It looked like Harry was being mounted by one Palace centre back or the other all game.

You have both seen it the way I look at it too.

For me, right now, defences are overly-concentrating on Kane. Stoke seemed to make it their mission to 'nobble' out of the game..and they succeeded.
I thought Palace paid him a lot of attention, in a sense it worked, but as you say it gave Son more space than I would have expected.

A few more performances from Son like yesterday and attention will begin to switch. If Lamela can continuing improving and Alli carries in the same vein, then some opposition defences are going to have some interesting dilemmas coming their way

That's a bummer.

Also; why is the club always so damn secretive when it comes to injury updates? What's a "foot injury"? Is it broken? Are there pulled muscles? Is there ligament damage? We never seem to get much detailed info on our injured players.

That's a bummer.

Also; why is the club always so damn secretive when it comes to injury updates? What's a "foot injury"? Is it broken? Are there pulled muscles? Is there ligament damage? We never seem to get much detailed info on our injured players.

It is a bummer! As for the club being secretive, I completely agree with you. My one criticism about the club is that I don't think we, as fans, get enough information about things. I can understand the not sharing of sensitive information, but I do think that it would be nice to have more open communications.

Being cynical, I expect him to be out for at least 3-4 weeks now. I dont see why they would put this on the website if it was just a knock and he'd be available for the weekend

probably the foot is swollen and they have to wait for the swelling to die down before they can make some x rays

It is a bummer! As for the club being secretive, I completely agree with you. My one criticism about the club is that I don't think we, as fans, get enough information about things. I can understand the not sharing of sensitive information, but I do think that it would be nice to have more open communications.

Yeah, I fully understand that not everything can or should be made public, but with injured players they should be as open as possible.

If they don't know the extent of the injury, then just say so. If there's a good chance Son will be back for Sunday, but only maybe, then let us know. Otherwise there will only be speculation. At least now the window's shut there's no need to keep secrets for potential transfers either.

Being cynical, I expect him to be out for at least 3-4 weeks now. I dont see why they would put this on the website if it was just a knock and he'd be available for the weekend

yeah its probably more than a knock.....if its 3 or 4 weeks and he is back fully fit then id take right now

brick, the moment I saw this thread was bumped I was sure it would have been an injury update. Let's see what team we field with Son out...

That's a shame as he's started very well. I think Son will prove to be a good player for us in the long run, so I hope they take every precaution with this injury and don't rush him back - even though we might need him.

That said, with Lamela's monster performance against Emirates Marketing Project; plus Kane getting back on the scoresheet, Eriksen's return to form, and Clinton's excellent cameo... maybe we won't be too badly hit by Son's injury.

Back