• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Each to their own and all that, but how can you love Winks more than Kane?!
Heh, I ask myself the same question. Maybe it's because Kane has transcended Spurs and become a huge name internationally, whereas Winks is still just "one of our own". Our little secret, to be nurtured and cherished while he tiki-takas his way to glory.

There are probably all sorts of psychological issues going on. Thankfully the restraining order keeps me out of trouble...

Heh, I ask myself the same question. Maybe it's because Kane has transcended Spurs and become a huge name internationally, whereas Winks is still just "one of our own". Our little secret, to be nurtured and cherished while he tiki-takas his way to glory.

There are probably all sorts of psychological issues going on. Thankfully the restraining order keeps me out of trouble...
Ha fair enough, I cant imagine ever loving a Spurs player more than Kane in the modern era. That being said, I thought the same about Bale....

When does this competition take place?

I think it will be 2020. South Korea came 4th in the edition this year, behind Uzbekistan (winners....), Vietnam and Qatar.

It is a Jan tournament I think but I wouldn't care. Just let him go, get a medal of any variety and then he's done. Would be so good.

Just done a bit more digging on this, South Korea have also got the Asia Cup in 2019.

Which leads me to this question; in 2015, South Korea were runners up in the Asia Cup. Son was there, he in fact scored in the final. Do they not get 2nd placed (silver) medals for that? Or is it just Olympic medals/ winning medals in other competitions?

Just done a bit more digging on this, South Korea have also got the Asia Cup in 2019.

Which leads me to this question; in 2015, South Korea were runners up in the Asia Cup. Son was there, he in fact scored in the final. Do they not get 2nd placed (silver) medals for that? Or is it just Olympic medals/ winning medals in other competitions?

I thought it was only winners medals that gave exemption.

Son sometimes gets too greedy to score goal himself which is annoying. After scoring the first goal against Rochdale, he should have let Llorente or Lamela taken the penalty. Llorente was badly in need of goals while Lamela had a legitimate goal wrongly ruled out earlier. It seemed like Llorente even wanted to take the penalty but was not given by Son who then wasted the penalty. Even Ronaldo let Benzema taken a penalty despite having the chance to complete his hattrick recently. There have been many other times when Son wasted goal scoring chances despite having Kane in better goal scoring positions this season.

Son sometimes gets too greedy to score goal himself which is annoying. After scoring the first goal against Rochdale, he should have let Llorente or Lamela taken the penalty. Llorente was badly in need of goals while Lamela had a legitimate goal wrongly ruled out earlier. It seemed like Llorente even wanted to take the penalty but was not given by Son who then wasted the penalty. Even Ronaldo let Benzema taken a penalty despite having the chance to complete his hattrick recently. There have been many other times when Son wasted goal scoring chances despite having Kane in better goal scoring positions this season.
I say ship him off to the military for this sort of greedy, un-team-like attitude. A spell in the army will teach him to be part of a group instead of the sullen, surly, lazy, slow-footed, dim-witted pillock that he is. And to then score only two great goals against Huddersfield and not contribute an assist or make a save. Unacceptable.

Surely we could just pay off the other countries to let SK win, maybe club together with other European clubs in the same situation.

As Pirate says...

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=241048

There is a law in place that allows exemption from military duty for athletes who meet certain conditions. Under the scheme, players who have won Olympic medals or clinched a gold medal at the Asian Games are exempted from military service.

During the 2012 London Olympics, the national football team won a bronze medal and all those who actually played in any Olympic game were exempted from military service. Son, who was then playing in Germany’s Bundesliga, didn’t join the national team back then.

Then head coach Hong Myung-bo gave Kim Ki-hee, who had been on the bench all during the Olympic Games, the opportunity to play in the semifinal against Japan that was to decide the bronze medal.

Near the end of the second half when Korea led 2-0 and was almost certain to win, Kim was sent on as a substitute player and played four minutes until the end. If the game had finished without Kim having an opportunity to play, he would have had to do his military service. But the substitute player was able to be exempted thanks to his four minutes of play.”

Wasn't it 1-1 when Son took the penalty? He was our best player on the pitch at that time. The best player on the pitch or best striker of the ball usually take penalties. This isn't baby 8's football. Granted if it was 3-0 it would have been nice to let Llorente/someone else take it but the game was still in the balance against a team we struggled to beat a few days earlier, hence the need for a replay. Son can be greedy but so is Kane at times.

Wasn't it 1-1 when Son took the penalty? He was our best player on the pitch at that time. The best player on the pitch or best striker of the ball usually take penalties. This isn't baby 8's football. Granted if it was 3-0 it would have been nice to let Llorente/someone else take it but the game was still in the balance against a team we struggled to beat a few days earlier, hence the need for a replay. Son can be greedy but so is Kane at times.

And didn't Lamela once take the ball off Son (against Emirates Marketing Project I think) for a penalty - and then missed!!!

And didn't Lamela once take the ball off Son (against Emirates Marketing Project I think) for a penalty - and then missed!!!

Yeah would have made sense if Son had taken the penalty as he was in unbelievable form at that time. I suppose it would have barely been mentioned had Lamela scored though. I don't recall who won the penalty? If Lamela had won the pen for example I can definitely identify with him if he wanted to take it for that reason.

I like lamela and felt sorry for him that he didn't score, he did everything but, but you are 100% correct, the win is more important, always.

Back