• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

You see that's my problem with the Spurs fans who want Redknapp out, they actally think Mourinho is a realistic target, he isn't.

I can see the merit in going for a young manager like Rodgers or Lambert, but it would still be a big risk as neither have managed big clubs.

We offer enough money, especially with new investment (vital), and I think Mourhino could come. Spurs would be a big enough challenge for him, no doubt. He wants to come back to London, and Levy has a good relationship with him and RM. Yes, it would be a massive coup, but why not?

Out of interest, how many millions have we spunked up against a wall in payoffs to sacked managers, over the last 20 years? I dread to think.

Get this geezer JM, and let him stay long term. He would attrct the best players. Redknapp won't.

I agree that a manager needs time, if its the right man.

A younger manager does have attractions, and of course is cheaper (but you get what you pay for). Out of all of the trio of Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert, I think Rodgers would be the best bet as I think he is a bit more of a disciplinarian. The best managers are.

My thoughts exactly mate. Plus making a couple of better signings in January than Saha and Nelsen. Better still, even better back in the last summer window.

Second season running with the grand collapse, remember.

How do you know we weren't in the market for some world superstars but that they just didn't want to come? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Saha and Nelsen weren't our number one targets but that we had to settle for them because we couldn't sign anyone better because either we couldn't afford the wages/transfer fee or because they simply didn't want to come to us? This thread is becoming a joke.

We offer enough money, especially with new investment (vital), and I think Mourhino could come. Spurs would be a big enough challenge for him, no doubt. He wants to come back to London, and Levy has a good relationship with him and RM. Yes, it would be a massive coup, but why not?

Out of interest, how many millions have we spunked up against a wall in payoffs to sacked managers, over the last 20 years? I dread to think.

Get this geezer JM, and let him stay long term. He would attrct the best players. Redknapp won't.

I agree that a manager needs time, if its the right man.

A younger manager does have attractions, and of course is cheaper (but you get what you pay for). Out of all of the trio of Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert, I think Rodgers would be the best bet as I think he is a bit more of a disciplinarian. The best managers are.

Firstly I doubt he'd come to us becuse we don't have the financial resources to go out and buy the kind of players he would want to buy (he's always spent big money on players, what makes you think that would change?) and secondly, what's to say he wouldn't stay for 1-2 years and then fudge off to Man Utd, Milan or some other giant. You really do need to lower your expectations. Until we qualify for the champions league five seasons in a row and/or have a significant cash injection we simply cannot compete with the likes of United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. If Liverpool sort out themselves too then they will be back up there as they have more money than us so can outspend us in the transfer market. The best players want to play for clubs that can win the league and pay them the most money. That simply is not us. Hopefully we will get there, but I don't want us to risk bankruptcy by going down the Leeds United route and just spending ridiculous sums in the hope of short terms success, it is not sustainable.

How do you know we weren't in the market for some world superstars but that they just didn't want to come? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Saha and Nelsen weren't our number one targets but that we had to settle for them because we couldn't sign anyone better because either we couldn't afford the wages/transfer fee or because they simply didn't want to come to us? This thread is becoming a joke.

Or because 'they' (if they existed) wouldn't come with a manager of Redknapps profile in charge. Not that superstars would move in the January window anyway.

What factually did happen in January is we, and Redknapp is the man responsible here, let players out on loan or sold, with only Saha and Nelsen coming in. Both other sides castoffs. Hardly the stuff for a club pushing for as high a finish as it could.

Firstly I doubt he'd come to us becuse we don't have the financial resources to go out and buy the kind of players he would want to buy (he's always spent big money on players, what makes you think that would change?) and secondly, what's to say he wouldn't stay for 1-2 years and then fudge off to Man Utd, Milan or some other giant. You really do need to lower your expectations. Until we qualify for the champions league five seasons in a row and/or have a significant cash injection we simply cannot compete with the likes of United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. If Liverpool sort out themselves too then they will be back up there as they have more money than us so can outspend us in the transfer market. The best players want to play for clubs that can win the league and pay them the most money. That simply is not us. Hopefully we will get there, but I don't want us to risk bankruptcy by going down the Leeds United route and just spending ridiculous sums in the hope of short terms success, it is not sustainable.

Chicken and egg. You need the best manager to attract the best players and you need finanace to do that. You need that setup to repeatedly (and solidly) qualify for the CL. We need new finance, too, to achieve that.

The Leeds United route was to spend money they didn't have. I am not advocating that at all. Spurs - now - are a much more attractive prospect to get bigger new money backing than Leeds ever stood a chance of getting, back then. Spurs are in London, for starters.

I have been behind Redknapp for the last two years, but I will forever remember the 2011/12 season as the year we let a 13 point lead slip to Arsenal after their worst start in 50 or so years.

Corluka put it just right. Their has been absolutely no squad rotation throughout the season. There was a team for the league, and a team for brick cups like the Europa League etc. And the players who were in the cup team knew that they were in the cup team and reserve to the league team. For example, why would someone like Kranjcar or Dos Santos want to be in a team when they know the manager will pick the likes of Modric or Bale over them every time. Players like that get fed up of being second choice, and Dos Santos and Defoe have both told the media they want to leave for exactly this reason.

The reason City and United were so successful is because the manager would give every player a chance. Ferguson would have Nani and Young, but every saw how good Valencia was because all three wingers would be rotated throughout the season. Or Mancini would play with one striker, but still manage to rotate Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli during the season, and Tevez towards the end of the season.

The reason for our collapse is 'Arry had one team in mind for every league game and when he played Walker twice while he had a broken toe, it showed how much he preferred certain players to others.

Levy is spitting feathers at 4th. I think it will take some miracle for Harry to keep his post personally, although this week will be significant, culminating in the weekend obviously. I think Vertonighan (sp) is onboard regardless, I think PERONALLY that if we make CL we might yet see Hazard (more playing time) and there will be a striker (probably Damiao)...but a lot depends on Saturday in this regard as payers like Hazard won't bother if we're not in the CL...what I cannot figure out is who would come in if we get bumped to the Europa...I know who my gamble would be (Martinez) but in fairness, we probably need a bigger name to keep certain players...

Steff

Yes because you know this personally :^)

Your post. no. 95. View highlighted.

Referees are most certainly influenced by the actions of some managers, with SAF being a prime example.

Care to remember your original point.

that is my point, just because you don't seem to have the faculty to correlate it to the post that it was in response to, is your problem, not mine. You are arguing a point I didn't make, nor have I tried to do so.

I certainly appreciate that viewpoint Mick, and can see the logic behind it, but I DO feel that it serves to show their own squad they will go to bat for them, plus I personally believe it DOES make refs think twice in those momentary decision moments...I don't think I've seen a side suffer more poor decisions than us this season. Absolutely shocking ones, not the usual "was it wasn't it" pens, etc, but some absolutely belting miscarriages that did not even themselves out in the course of the season in any way. I will also say that obviously, those decisions are 100% NOT Harry's fault, and I wouldn't want it to come across that I am saying they are...I just wish he had spoken up louder about them, and cannot shake the feeling that he didn't because he genuinely thought he would be putting his future employment at risk...

But this is my point, its just an opinion - and to be perfectly honest, if it was correct then why isn't there some history of him ranting at referees in after match interviews prior to the speculation - I certainly don't remember any?
HR has always conducted his after match interviews with a greater degree of dignity and humility that SAF and Wenger, the latter who, on this board, is panned mercilessly for doing exactly what you complain that HR doesn't do.

To assume that he didn't do it during the period between the job coming up and him not being selected - for cosmetic reasons is pure speculation, and not borne out by any historical differences in character. Rest assured, had he behaved in the way you suggest - there would have been 5 people on here who would have condemned him for it.

We are not all cut from the same cloth.

speculative crap, well in keeping with all of the other speculative tosh you have been peddling. No sunstance but your prejudice to back it up.

Give up Mick

He was on Sky earlier telling the world how he can't wish his own nephew good luck this weekend, because he's Spurs

Plenty of posts on here focussing on how him wanting English teams to do well means he's the antichrist though

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Give up Mick

He was on Sky earlier telling the world how he can't wish his own nephew good luck this weekend, because he's Spurs

Plenty of posts on here focussing on how him wanting English teams to do well means he's the antichrist though

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

I just find it so frustrating to see all of this head in the clouds gibberish being spouted, as if we have suddenly become Manure, with a trophy room full of silverware from the last 30 years, and that 2/3 is a divine right. That coupled with this insistence that somehow HR lost his mind and started managing poorly, as if he was some start struck teenager seduced by the media attention.

and all of it spouted with such conviction, as if the stuff they make up in their heads is actually nailed on fact.

Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda.

Season over.

Looking forward to next season. Lets just chill out for now.

At least reading some of this madness has made me get off my arse and finally register...

Incredible start to the season, gutted about the blip, devastated we lost the lead to Arsenal but delighted we managed to get 4th and are still playing great football.

4th for our club is a massive achievement - people talk about the 'next level', not a manager on the planet could have got us 2nd and we only missed 3rd by a point.

Have read a few people say we should be doing better with this 'squad'. What 'Squad'???? We have a great first team but no squad - without massive investment 4th is a cracking season, 3rd dreamland and anything above that would be a miracle.

Lets hope Levy backs Harry with some proper cash next season or we are going to struggle to compete with Chelsea, Arsenal and even Liverpool again.

High;

Seeing Bale burning past the City defense, ready to square it to Defoe for a simple tap-in that would have seen us beat the title contenders at their own ground, propelling ourselves firmly into contention and giving us a huge morale boost for the rest of the season.

Low;

Seeing Bale mess up the pass and Defoe fail to connect from half a yard out.

10 seconds, more or less, that summed up the season's highs and lows for me. Still, can't (really) complain too much.

Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda.

Season over.

Looking forward to next season. Lets just chill out for now.

Indeed, and it's all glass half full, half empty isn't it?

Our last 10 Premiership games for example...

W4 D3 L3 - Average 1.5pts per game, 57pts per season = 6th place in the Premiership. Take away the W3 D1 from the last 4 matches of the season and add the four games before the Everton match in their place? W2 D3 L5 which tells a different story.

So what does it tell us overall? Absolutely nothing because you can take any 10 game subset you want and twist the facts to suit the opinion. Only thing that matters is over 38 games.

Back