• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I've never heard of the brick show. Is it a new spurs podcast?

Podcast started by a couple of Kiwi's that has gained a huge following. They have a mundane poll each week and last week's was are there more doors or wheels in the world!

As Steff said though, there's only one Spurs podcast you need in your life ;)

got covid. Mrs got covid. 6 year old has covid. 1 year old probably has covid. Not a fun week

happened to my mates family last week, the bairns tested positive but didn’t really have any symptoms and recovered quickly, his missus was wiped out for a few days but so far he’s just had a headache and felt a bit funny

I hope you get away with it similarly and get back to normal soon

happened to my mates family last week, the bairns tested positive but didn’t really have any symptoms and recovered quickly, his missus was wiped out for a few days but so far he’s just had a headache and felt a bit funny

I hope you get away with it similarly and get back to normal soon

cheers, i've been manageable with Lemsip as my best friend. Mrs was wiped totally on Monday, in bed all day. Doing better now but hard at home with 2 kids and both parents ill because usually one or the other of you is unwell and you can rest whilst the other does all the work. Cant do that with Covid!

Do castors count as wheels?

if not it is no way close there are loads more doors.

Castors all of a sudden every bed, sofa, hoover and shopping trolley comes into play with a multiplier.

But I still think doors.

At work there's wheels everywhere, chairs, printers, cabinets, trolleys, everything is designed to be easily moved around. At home I'm surrounded by doors. So many cupboards.

On holiday. Mr GL’s birthday. He conjures up the most lairy spammer shorts ever seen out of the luggage unbeknownst to me (as a joke supposedly). My Ghod they are awful. A no fly zone has been declared.

On holiday. Mr GL’s birthday. He conjures up the most lairy spammer shorts ever seen out of the luggage unbeknownst to me (as a joke supposedly). My Ghod they are awful. A no fly zone has been declared.

what's a holiday?

I am hoping the wife's passport gets back asap so we can book Dubai for April.

A bit of a tricky situation this evening (hugely longer story than I thought when I started this post). As I may have mentioned :))) we are on holiday atm. Staying in a very small hotel that is not full (relevant only to describe there’s not many people around). There is a family of four here - 2 parents and a young boy and girl. I am useless with guessing ages but would say around 4 (girl) and 6 (boy). Not English, sound Eastern European (relevant only due to difficulty in communicating for us.) Anyway, we’ve seen them at breakfast a couple of mornings but had no interaction. Saw the parents one evening when we were having dinner in the hotel - kids were upstairs in their room and occasionally calling down from the balcony. I did find it a bit disconcerting that the parents were happy downstairs whilst kids were upstairs.

Yesterday, husband’s birthday. Hotel put on a birthday cake. Too much for us to eat so husband offers some to the few guests around at the time, including this mother and her kids. He deliberately takes the mum to one side and checks through google translate that she’s ok with the kids having some cake rather than just offer it to them. All happy all good.

Fast forward to this evening. Husband is now obviously the man who has given the cake. I am in the shower getting ready for the evening, husband out on the verandah of our cabana. Girl comes over, starts playing, doing cartwheels, generally just having a bit of fun. Husband is great with young kids but feels a bit uncomfortable. Goes over to where parents are, asks (whilst knowing there’s little English) are you ok with your daughter being over there (pointing at our cabin). Dad says “ is she bothering you”. Well, no. Dad goes back to his phone. So, back to our cabana. Young girl playing around then decides to open door and go into room. Husband just freezes as he feels he can’t follow her inside. Totally luckily at exactly same time I have walked out of bathroom wrapped in towel. Lost it a bit with seeing girl coming into room, shooed her out and unfairly had a go at husband. Girl goes away, we lock door from inside. Husband is a bit stressed as feels very uncomfortable about whole situation.

A bit later there’s a knock on the door. it’s the young girl. Husband sends her away. Five mins later I am hanging some swimwear out to dry, she sees the door open and comes running over. Enough is enough, I usher her over to where her mum is sitting, browsing on her phone. Despite language barrier make clear (I think) that I am delivering her daughter back to her and that it is inappropriate for her to be over at our place. Mum nods, smiles, and really doesn’t seem to be too bothered. Tell husband I’ve sorted it - he now thinks I caused a diplomatic incident.

But... we don’t have kids of our own and maybe don’t appreciate the space parents need from time to time. But how can any parent be so blasé about where their kids are and who they are mixing with? I mean my husband is the nicest bloke possible and would never, ever dream of anything untoward, hence his unease, but the parents don’t know that. The thing is they probably don’t even realise the awkwardness they have created but far more importantly, they don’t see the risks they are putting their kids under. Not everyone is nice. I don’t know, maybe they are better for being more trusting of the world and we are the jaded, cynical ones who think they should be more suspicious of what is around them. I find myself hoping they leave soon.

Back