• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sky top four w*ankfest

Liverpool will only be there until the southern liverpool fans get bored of not winning anything and start supporting city.

of course it matters. the perception that we are still inferior to the likes of liverpool despite finishing above them by wide margins for 3 seasons in a row is one of the reasons why we are constantly on the wrong end of ludicrous refereeing decisions.

if we get a new manager in the summer it got to be someone who will tear into referees after before, during and after games to make sure you get the next dodgy decision in your favour. the likes of jol and redknapp have been far too soft in this regard. while our managers continue meekly accept it it will never stop.

Actually it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th.

Correct.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are 5th. But we haven't played anyone decent yet (according to the media) and we'll soon drop down the table (according to the media and other teams fans) when in reality we have been in the top 6 all season and will finish in the top 6.

Correct.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are 5th. But we haven't played anyone decent yet (according to the media) and we'll soon drop down the table (according to the media and other teams fans) when in reality we have been in the top 6 all season and will finish in the top 6.

Hopefully Saudi Sportswashing Machine can stop Chelsea from getting the 4th Champion's League place.

Doesn't really bother me. Sky have always prioritised money and global fanbases over history/playing style/actual success. It's their prerogative as a company. Will it change what most of us think about Spurs? 'Oh, we're not on the Sky ticker, so we must be dogbrick!'. Nah. So why bother?

Can we really blame them ? We are still struggling to establish ourselves as a top 4 club. Atleast Liverpool are on the verge of doing Cup double. But we don't even do well in the Cups anymore.

Annoying as it may be, those teams currently have the most hype and interest in, globally.

Sky are merely aligning themselves with that interest, to sell their product.

It's a poor strategy from a marketing perspective, surely you want to grow the brand by have a more inclusive policy?

That's just good strategy, grown the brand, have a bigger tent, more opportunities for revenue.

The thing is, I could understand if instead of Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine it was say, Sunderland and Fulham, but Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine do have a massive fan base and a lot of marketability, so it's just Sky being ****s

The thing is, I could understand if instead of Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine it was say, Sunderland and Fulham, but Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine do have a massive fan base and a lot of marketability, so it's just Sky being ****s

You're being very myopic though, in a domestic sense.

Sky's vision is international, and - whether we like it or not - international fans gravitate towards either the 'established' clubs, ie: Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal - or those who have brick loads of money to spend, ie: Chelsea & Emirates Marketing Project. Sky want to align themselves with those characteristics, as it drives interest in their product.

It's all about money at the end of the day; Sky are not in the business of being some sort of charity - they will take a view as to what best serves the interests of their company and therefore their revenues. They've obviously concluded, that alignment as described above is what will serve that purpose best.

I don't agree with their decisions, but they're there to make money, not friends.

Has now extended to Liverpool. I KNOW it shouldn't wind me up, but it does

dqst93.jpg

So it's now 1st 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th? I mean come on.

If we are able to make CL then it will not really matter at all

Back