• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sky top four w*ankfest

NickTB

Alan Hutton
Has now extended to Liverpool. I KNOW it shouldn't wind me up, but it does

dqst93.jpg

So it's now 1st 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th? I mean come on.

Love Spurs - Hate the Premierleague & every thing it stands for.
Bit of a conundrum.

The Rymans Premier league is MUCH more fun (& cheap).

It is actually ridiculous. Can someone e-mail Sky and just ask why? There is not one realistic answer they can justify it with. If it's the top teams, then Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be there, certainly ahead of Liverpool. If it's fanbase, there's no way Emirates Marketing Project's appeal has suddenly sky rocketed just because they've finished 3rd and 2nd for a couple of years.

It's ridiculous.

Wouldn't mind betting that some under the table cash from the sponsors of those "big clubs" finds its way to Sky, to make sure that they continue to appear prominently in Sky's advertising no matter what they're doing in the league.

Unfortunately they're the most marketable teams worldwide.

And this as well. For whatever reason, Sky decided that the best way to hype the Premier League was to hype up an elite few clubs (and the fact that the same clubs got in the top four over and over made that very easy for them) so they can have their super duper fudge everyone else Sunday mega clashes. They've been hyped up for so long that'll it'll take one of them being unsuccessful for a long period before they drop off the Sky hype train.

Last edited:
Every single player in that picture looks like their parents were a little too closely related.

Unfortunately they're the most marketable teams worldwide.

Are Emirates Marketing Project, really?

It's not as if they've even signed global superstars. They haven't had a signing to 'put them on the map'. They've signed good players with the potential to improve, but I can't imagine than in two years they've become so much more marketable than us, and that everyone in China is suddenly buying Emirates Marketing Project shirts because they signed Gael Clichy.

It's all about marketing, Sky/Media/UEFA have all invested in marketing football globally around certain club brands. If you look at the advertising for merchandise/games outside of the UK, you would swear there are 9 clubs in Europe with Manure/Scum/Cheat$ki/Pool/City/Barca/Madrid/Inter/Milan.

Re England, Sky created their top 4 branding (Manure/Scum/Cheat$ki/Pool) a decade ago, and City has just gate crashed it via their silly money, and Sky will include them because they will eventually win everything.

This doesn't actually bother me at all. You've got the teams placed 1st to 3rd, you've got a team who's won one bit of silverware and in the final for the other major cup competition, and a team who's in the champions league semi final and also in the FA cup final. All these teams have done well in one way or another.

What context is this picture used in? Why does it annoy you?

Back