• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

It looks like a bunch of people lying on the grass. Not sure what's 'completely out of hand' other than social distancing rules not being adhered to.

Social distancing rules OK to break now?

how many of these people are being paid to stay at home to “protect the NHS” yet running the risk of picking it up?

Still,on second thoughts if it speeds up the road map - I’m all for it.

how many of these people are being paid to stay at home to “protect the NHS” yet running the risk of picking it up?

Did I say it was? Seems odd you suddenly care now.

People like to protest
I can guarantee corbyns brother is in there along with a few actors desperate to launch a career
But there will also be some sincere people with a valid reason (regardless of their Covid circumstances). They have a voice and it should be heard

People like to protest
I can guarantee corbyns brother is in there along with a few actors desperate to launch a career
But there will also be some sincere people with a valid reason (regardless of their Covid circumstances). They have a voice and it should be heard

People should have been allowed to go funerals in the last year, but didn’t have the chance.

the rules are the rules, just because you think it’s a good cause doesn’t change it.

I find the hypercritical nature of this sickening.

Find a cause you like and it’s ok to break the rules.

Money on a large number of those people using the term covidiots in the past year is high.

Sharing posts from flag nonces, bringing up the far left with zero context, changing your own stance. I would suggest looking in the mirror before passing judgement on others.

So the police didn't try other methods such as asking/telling people to disperse first?

That's a fairly bold claim.
So we're just going to gloss over your failed attempt to demonstrate your point?

The outcomes of the actions the MET took are very clear - public outcry, insensitively to public attitudes, further protests.
The MET have has taken a normal, albeit not ideal situation,and turned it into a huge issue.
If their intention was to reduce lack of social distancing - they have failed and created the opposite.
If their intention was garner support for the policing of covid and anything else - they've failed and created the opposite.
They have take a situation where a MET officer has allegedly murdered someone and re-enforced the position that the position that the MET is against the public, not collaborative.
They have damaged the essential function of policing by consent and moved the needle to authoritarian policing. That inevitably creates civil disobedience.

Ousted myself by mentioning some people have reported a group of far left activists turned up?

How else would you describe them

The only people I can find that reported far left turning up and causing trouble are right and far right flag nonces and racists on social media. No reports come up on a standard google search and I don’t associate with these types in the real world or on social media. These types also believe the red-haired woman being arrested is a paid actor and I imagine use the term Plandemic a lot.

Yes, it is.

Same as any protest or view point.

The point is people were not bothered when these rights had been taken away till it affects them, maybe if people had paid attention back in Nov when the law changed we wouldn’t be in the position we are in
when protesting is against the law and MPs are shifting the blame onto the police for enforcing the laws they voted on.

Every side from Saturday is in the wrong here.

Police heavy handed
The Vigil held against covid regulations and the families wishes
MPs blaming the police for the laws passed
The groups turning up to cause trouble

So we're just going to gloss over your failed attempt to demonstrate your point?

The outcomes of the actions the MET took are very clear - public outcry, insensitively to public attitudes, further protests.
The MET have has taken a normal, albeit not ideal situation,and turned it into a huge issue.
If their intention was to reduce lack of social distancing - they have failed and created the opposite.
If their intention was garner support for the policing of covid and anything else - they've failed and created the opposite.
They have take a situation where a MET officer has allegedly murdered someone and re-enforced the position that the position that the MET is against the public, not collaborative.
They have damaged the essential function of policing by consent and moved the needle to authoritarian policing. That inevitably creates civil disobedience.
Your argument about the Met's actions being wrong is predicated on the fact that some, motivated, people don't like those actions.

I don't like their actions when they stop me speeding.

Both instances are policed as per the law. The only difference between the two is who does and doesn't like the actions.

Edit:
It should also be noted that my opinion is far more important than anyone else's, so weight should be given to the outcomes I prefer over all others.

I wonder what will happen if someone gets mugged tonight on the way home and they complain on the length of time for the police to respond.........they had to police an illegal gathering due to covid rules.

It looks like a bunch of people lying on the grass. Not sure what's 'completely out of hand' other than social distancing rules not being adhered to.
But that is important mate, we are fighting a pandemic, we are trying to keep kids in school, we are trying to reopen the economy. It is soo important people respect those rules. I really believe in their cause I just want them to understand the public health risk involved in holding these protests and wait. Doorstep vigils around the country would have been a poignant and safe message.

But that is important mate, we are fighting a pandemic, we are trying to keep kids in school, we are trying to reopen the economy. It is soo important people respect those rules. I really believe in their cause I just want them to understand the public health risk involved in holding these protests and wait. Doorstep vigils around the country would have been a poignant and safe message.

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Back