• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

Most are just opportunist scumbags riled-up far-right brick stirrers. It has been building for a while now and the authorities should have nipped it in the bud but didn't. Shameful.

McGregor can go fudge himself.

Do you not think this "far right" stuff is getting carried away, there's been disturbances in Dundee and Edinburgh houseing estates and this sounds a bit similar, Dundee, Edinburgh nor Dublin is renowned for its far right leanings.
For me these incidents are more symptomatic of the frustrations that certain elements of society are feeling at being ignored.
Label it as far right and it can be quickly passed over.

Do you not think this "far right" stuff is getting carried away, there's been disturbances in Dundee and Edinburgh houseing estates and this sounds a bit similar, Dundee, Edinburgh nor Dublin is renowned for its far right leanings.
For me these incidents are more symptomatic of the frustrations that certain elements of society are feeling at being ignored.

I've got relatives in Broughton and Dundee and they've never mentioned far right problems just a few "rob roy" nationalist when elections come round.

The issue is that people from both sides are taking any situation they can now to churn a political view, its the cfault of both sides IMO.

I can't take the whole standingnin solidarity with Israel and Ireland by certain groups when those same groups made both the Jews and Irish lives hell, now they want to align with them and use their plight as a tool to churn another view, just all seems disingenuous.

Of course people are angry and feel marginalised but there are also grifters using the situations to gain brownie points

It is true that these places are not exactly renowned hotbeds of rightwing behaviour but it is a growing problem here. There is an increased resentment of inward migration that is more or less tied to the housing issues in Dublin. The influx of refugees from Ukraine has put additional strain on an already strained system in the capital. Ireland is a relatively prosperous country and wealth inequality is not as pronounced as elsewhere, so the brick stirrers have latched onto this accommodation shortfall as their wedge issue. Small incidents outside of emergency accommodation centres, for example, were dealt with in a very light touch way and so the problem has metastasized. What happened last night was somewhat inevitable given the current trajectory. These incidents were 95% pure thuggery but that only goes to show how a small group of organized clams can spark a large amount of chaos. There is no both-siding this IMO.

Last edited:
It is true that these places are not exactly renowned hotbeds of rightwing behaviour but it is a growing problem here. There is an increased resentment of inward immigration that is more or less tied to the housing issues in Dublin. And the influx of refugees from Ukraine has put additional strain on an already strained system in the capital. Ireland is a relatively prosperous country and wealth inequality is not as pronounced as elsewhere, so the brick stirrers have latched onto this accommodation shortfall as their wedge issue. Small incidents outside of emergency accommodation centres, for example, were dealt with in a very light touch way and so the problem has metastasized.
What happened last night was somewhat inevitable given the current trajectory. The incidents last night were 95% pure thuggery but that only goes to show how a small group of organized clams can spark a large amount of chaos. There is no both-siding this IMO.

Isn't the issue with housing in Dublin linked to post downturn, buy the let, university town, Europe's silicon Valley issues rather than immigrants?

I had clients there in the original downturn/Google revival and that was the issue then

Isn't the issue with housing in Dublin linked to post downturn, buy the let, university town, Europe's silicon Valley issues rather than immigrants?

I had clients there in the original downturn/Google revival and that was the issue then
That is part of it but there is a lot more to it than just that. When I'm drinking wine later I might do a brain dump on it.

TBF would be interested to know your views on it, my comments were merely anecdotal from what I was told at the time
The short version is that the government stopped building social housing. Putting the onus of meeting the market's entire demand, including the social housing requirement, solely in the hands of private developers just and this led to what always happens when private sector companies are given an advantageous market position. Greed takes over and they throttled supply to maximise profit.
There are other aspects to this, vulture funds, poor regulation, strong lobbying from the construction industry, and also lots of politicians are landlords, etc. but the core issue is the government outsourcing their responsibility to private developers.

Last edited:
The short version is that the government stopped building social housing. Putting the onus of meeting the market's entire demand, including the social housing requirement, solely in the hands of private developers just led to what always happens when private sector companies are given an advantageous market position. Greed takes over and they throttled supply to maximise profit.
There are other aspects to this, vulture funds, poor regulation, strong lobbying from the construction industry, and also lots of politicians are landlords, etc. but the core issue is the government outsourcing their responsibility to private developers.

Ahh cheers for that mate, appreciated.

I read plenty of stupid stuff on here, but rarely anything dangerous.

This is.

Indeed! I had replied to that initially too.
The person who posted it is someone who always comes across as decidedly not in any way, shape or form of that mindset, thus the real danger for me was how loose words can become in moments of immediate expression. I will say I was surprised not to see a response to my initial reply to the post, as I posited several points in the spirit of discussion.

Absolutely agree on your last sentence. I'm not sure if anyone is being asked to feel guilty for the things people did in the past but awareness and acknowledgement are reasonable asks. And of course knowing that a large part of why the country is wealthy is due to things we consider today as morally reprehensible ie Colonization and the slave trade. On these things it's not like countries are sentient beings going around committing atrocities, no doubt there's plenty of Russians who have nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine and would just like to live their life in peace and it was the same when we the English were galavanting around on various crusades.

For certain things acknowledgement makes other traditions somewhat difficult ie can the royal family acknowledge the various wrongdoings / massacres whilst also wheeling out various bits of "acquired" bling like the koh i nor diamond to adorn whichever person sits on the throne? I appreciate I'm going slightly odd topic and the royal family can be quite a divisive topic along which the plundered loot exhibition British museum.

A lot of countries were bastards many decades and hundreds of years ago. Some still are of course. There’s remnants of the Roman Empire still in Britain from when they ruled us. I agree acknowledging history is important but I guess the question is how long should we look back and how long should countries apologise for their past? For example should Prince William still apologise on behalf of the royal family and Britain for colonialism even though he is far removed from when it happened, doesn’t have any direct relatives involved? Some people think he still should. I’ve noticed some of the big tech companies like Microsoft will begin a key note speech by acknowledging they are standing on former Indian land which feels performative rather than genuine. If you’re truly sorry then give the land back.

A lot of countries were bastards many decades and hundreds of years ago. Some still are of course. There’s remnants of the Roman Empire still in Britain from when they ruled us. I agree acknowledging history is important but I guess the question is how long should we look back and how long should countries apologise for their past? For example should Prince William still apologise on behalf of the royal family and Britain for colonialism even though he is far removed from when it happened, doesn’t have any direct relatives involved? Some people think he still should. I’ve noticed some of the big tech companies like Microsoft will begin a key note speech by acknowledging they are standing on former Indian land which feels performative rather than genuine. If you’re truly sorry then give the land back.

Guess it depends what you mean by direct relatives involved. His grandma's government were responsible for the Internment camps in Kenya during the Mau Mau uprisings, so well into the lifetime of his dad, the current parasite-in-chief. She will have been fully aware and yet chose to maintain her 'political/constitutional neutrality' on that whilst stretching her wings on things her family benefitted from.

I'm not sure there is anyone in a position of elitism in this country based on their families position in Roman times.

Their whole family fortune (such as the buying of Balmoral and Sandringham) is based on money from slavery and imperial exploitation.

I do agree though that most apologies are performative rather than genuine. Giving stolen/exploited/looted stuff back be it diamonds or land (or marble friezes) would be much more meaningful - or contributing to paying off some of the debt of former colonies rather than direct reparations to each and every blighted citizen.

Guess it depends what you mean by direct relatives involved. His grandma's government were responsible for the Internment camps in Kenya during the Mau Mau uprisings, so well into the lifetime of his dad, the current parasite-in-chief. She will have been fully aware and yet chose to maintain her 'political/constitutional neutrality' on that whilst stretching her wings on things her family benefitted from.

I'm not sure there is anyone in a position of elitism in this country based on their families position in Roman times.

Their whole family fortune (such as the buying of Balmoral and Sandringham) is based on money from slavery and imperial exploitation.

I do agree though that most apologies are performative rather than genuine. Giving stolen/exploited/looted stuff back be it diamonds or land (or marble friezes) would be much more meaningful - or contributing to paying off some of the debt of former colonies rather than direct reparations to each and every blighted citizen.
So in your own words, the government of the time were the ones who allowed that to happen. Seeing as the royal family are nothing but figureheads for tourists (and flag shaggers/godtards), I'm not sure how they have anything to apologise for.

If any of that government are sitting in the Lord's, then they should be apologising, but without going through the lengthy list I doubt there are.

Back