• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shambles - Racist is clearly not against Racism!

par_18

Stephen Kelly
John Terry to wear anti-racism armband if he captains Chelsea
John Terry will be asked to wear an anti-racism armband if he captains Chelsea in their Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday

Why? He cleary is not against Racism, hes a racist! was found guilty of that. This is exactly why the whole anti racism campaign is flawed. When they are handing out the arm bands in the dressing room, just skip past him 'nope you dont get one, your racist and you definitely do not support the cause' easy!

Maybe even give him his own armband identifying him as a racist. Sure that would make people think twice.

I think John Terry is ignorant and I think John Terry needs a better level of education. I genuinely do not believe he is a racist, I believe he's an ignorant fool who needs an education and better vocabulary. Frankly, if he was, I simply do not believe he could've lasted at Chelski with the likes of Makalele, Drogba, Cole, Malouda, Sturridge, Mikel, Ramires (the list goes on) without being 'done' or 'outed' in the dressing room. I think John Terry is simply a thick, ignorant chad.

For racist comments to be eradicated, we need footballers and the PFA to step in and take charge.

The fact is that Terry got done because he was filmed and said-clip was posted on youtube. Apparently Terry and Ferdinand had already spoken post-macth about the whole thing and moved on. IF there was a problem THAT'S when it needed to be hammered, right there, by Anton Ferdinand. And that's when it's very important that PLAYERS POLICE EACH OTHER. I understand the 'thieves honour' of not 'grassing' but seriously, if THAT'S the attitude, then a t-shirt and an armband is nothing but lip-service.

When I'm at games, if I ever hear racist comments or chanting, I turn around and tell people to shut the fudge up OR tell a steward. People need to take action. Whether John Terry wears an armband or not is irrelevant frankly...

John Terry to wear anti-racism armband if he captains Chelsea
John Terry will be asked to wear an anti-racism armband if he captains Chelsea in their Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday

Why? He cleary is not against Racism, hes a racist! was found guilty of that. This is exactly why the whole anti racism campaign is flawed. When they are handing out the arm bands in the dressing room, just skip past him 'nope you dont get one, your racist and you definitely do not support the cause' easy!

Maybe even give him his own armband identifying him as a racist. Sure that would make people think twice.

400_nazi_armband.jpg

I thought he was found guilty of using inappropriate language not being a racist.

This is accurate. Language including a term referencing race or ethnic group. The tribunal also declared that they didn't think Terry was a racist.

It does raise the question of whether using a racist term makes someone a racist. Merriam-Webster gives two definitions. This first is "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race". The second is "racial prejudice or discrimination". This doesn't necessarily require a belief in superiority and could just be a means of favouring one's own group.

Using a racially sensitive term per se doesn't fit either definition. Someone doing so might believe in racial superiority, but might not. When people are angry with someone they look to say things that will annoy or hurt the other person. This seems the most likely explanation of Terry's use of the language he did. Terry

This is accurate. Language including a term referencing race or ethnic group. The tribunal also declared that they didn't think Terry was a racist.

It does raise the question of whether using a racist term makes someone a racist. Merriam-Webster gives two definitions. This first is "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race". The second is "racial prejudice or discrimination". This doesn't necessarily require a belief in superiority and could just be a means of favouring one's own group.

Using a racially sensitive term per se doesn't fit either definition. Someone doing so might believe in racial superiority, but might not. When people are angry with someone they look to say things that will annoy or hurt the other person. This seems the most likely explanation of Terry's use of the language he did. Terry

This is correct. Not proved as a racist, but did use a racial term.. he won't be the only one on the field tonight or tomorrow to have done that.

There was a story on BBC yesterday from ex QPR player Richard Langley talking about a game against Spurs where an opponent used a naughty phrase, but afterwards said it was just to get into his head because he couldn't get near him.. and also used the 'I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black' line. I think this is the same as Terry, from the evidence presented anyway.

His personal beliefs are not on show, just his use of language. He is a captain and all captains are taking part in this, it is not the same as the t-shirt issue from the weekend where it was a personal choice (although I haven't seen if the reasons why have been explored yet?).

Using a racially sensitive term per se doesn't fit either definition. Someone doing so might believe in racial superiority, but might not. When people are angry with someone they look to say things that will annoy or hurt the other person. This seems the most likely explanation of Terry's use of the language he did.

It would appear in the current climate that merely being accused of being a racist automatically makes you one.

A bit like how Marvin Sordell made a sweeping generalisation about Millwall racially abusing him. He made no official complaint to the officials or the police either at the time or post game & none of his teammates (that he actually named) confirmed the alleged comment was made - Sordell merely tweeting about it was enough to brand them all racists & for the FA to hold an enquiry (on what basis? social media bollox?).

The story i heard was that when he was warning up someone called him a 'useless ****' which he interpreted as 'you slave ****'.

Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good witch-hunt.

It would appear in the current climate that merely being accused of being a racist automatically makes you one.

A bit like how Marvin Sordell made a sweeping generalisation about Millwall racially abusing him. He made no official complaint to the officials or the police either at the time or post game & none of his teammates (that he actually named) confirmed the alleged comment was made - Sordell merely tweeting about it was enough to brand them all racists & for the FA to hold an enquiry (on what basis? social media bollox?).

The story i heard was that when he was warning up someone called him a 'useless ****' which he interpreted as 'you slave ****'.

Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good witch-hunt.

Indeed! Of course he isn't racist very few people actually are I'm sure, but he is a ****.

On a slightly unrelated matter if anyone gets the chance to see a new comedian called Jon Williams, he does a brilliant piece relating to flags.

You can still be racist and a hypocrite.

I bet Nick Griffin would shag Halle Berry if you gave him the chance

If I racially abuse someone I am not a racist. So, if I murder someone, I'm not a murderer ?

There are different degrees of murder, it, like this, depends on the circumstances.

You could be guilty of killing someone but not be a murderer. Like you could be guilty of racism but not be a racist.

There are different degrees of murder, it, like this, depends on the circumstances.

You could be guilty of killing someone but not be a murderer. Like you could be guilty of racism but not be a racist.

Well I find the whole thing pretty confusing. He 'alledegly' racially abused Ledley at the lane back when we beat them 2-1. He's done it again to Ferdinand. These are the only times we are aware of, I bet there's more. How many times do you have to racially abuse someone to be a racist.

Well I find the whole thing pretty confusing. He 'alledegly' racially abused Ledley at the lane back when we beat them 2-1. He's done it again to Ferdinand. These are the only times we are aware of, I bet there's more. How many times do you have to racially abuse someone to be a racist.

Well, one of those is allegedly and not confirmed.

We can only go by the evidence, as the court and the FA have. It is obvious the court didn't believe the story but they couldn't prove otherwise. His personal opinions shouldn't be assumed in this.. unfortunately, because I think he's a scumbag too.

Back