• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I think the thread title should be the race for best of the runners-up. No one has established themselves as clear title winners, but someone has to win. Missed opportunities all around in this round of fixtures. We always knew this would be a tricky match (a derby and they were unbeaten at home since August), but Arsenal blew it badly when they looked to have the game won.

For those concerned about United catching us for 4th, they should look at City, where everyone seems in need of a birthday cake. Pellegrini has his farewell trophy and can now reward Pep with Thursday night football. I wonder if Pep has a get-out clause.

Run_In.png

Suddenly Leicester are favourites again.

Cant see Leicester getting 3 points against West Ham,

Check those fixtures. I'd be amazed if were champions based on them. The others have much easier runs. Let's just think about top 4.

I thought that earlier, although perhaps its just cos we lost, but CL remains a completely realistic target and at the start of the season 4th was a best case scenario.

I can see West Ham bending over backwards for them

You can be sure they will. West Ham's season is surely over now, after they got their cup final win.

Leicesters final three games could be interesting though. I think they will be looking to get a gap on us, Arse and City/United before the final games, which are all games they can potentially lose. If us and/or Arse and the Manchesters don't fall too far behind Leicester, the final few weeks could be extremely exciting.

In fact, in one scenario we might see Chelski gifting us the title by beating Leicester on the final day of the season. Imagine that. It will be Terry's final home game too - he could go into the game knowing that playing well and winning would give Spurs the title.

So much can happen before that though. One game at a time. We're still in the title chace in the beginning of March, so let's enjoy that for now.

If we play as we did last night we will not finish too far from the front in this crazy, nerve jangling title race. We must remember the amount effort the player are putting in ATM with big game coming thick and fast. West Ham are unbeaten at home since AUGUST!!, that is a bloody good run which ever way you look at it. When I judge a match win lose or draw I always look at the overall picture of the match. We got hit early by a good delivered corner from Payet and sadly Chadly and Mason were not in the wide awake club. The rest of the first half was scrappy from us with some improvement in the second. Overall and allowing for being away at a proficient team and although disappointed to lose, I was neither surprised nor disheartened by yesterday.
In the context of 'the race' every team in it, this week looks knackered!
City were woeful
Arsenal sloppy
Spurs sluggish
Leicester coping the best as they should with all the rest.

How did the players look after the loss last night? I couldn't see the game but one of the things that has impressed me is the steely determination in their eyes. After a loss there is no over-emotional woe is me from the players, simply a tinkled off look in their eyes which suggests a desire to put it right the next game.

As long as our consistency is still there, I think we can win the league still. If we've truly fallen off a cliff, we definitely won't. But from what it sounds like we had a really hard first half but retained belief and effort in the second half and did try to fashion ourselves back into it. We lost, but it happens. As long as we aren't getting too high or too low emotionally as a team, I think the fact the spirit is great and everyone is similar and bought in means that everyone is kept in check.

How did the players look after the loss last night? I couldn't see the game but one of the things that has impressed me is the steely determination in their eyes. After a loss there is no over-emotional woe is me from the players, simply a tinkleed off look in their eyes which suggests a desire to put it right the next game.

As long as our consistency is still there, I think we can win the league still. If we've truly fallen off a cliff, we definitely won't. But from what it sounds like we had a really hard first half but retained belief and effort in the second half and did try to fashion ourselves back into it. We lost, but it happens. As long as we aren't getting too high or too low emotionally as a team, I think the fact the spirit is great and everyone is similar and bought in means that everyone is kept in check.

This is right

Normally I see a load of Instagram posts and online posts from players but nothing... Not a peep that I have seen

I think there fuming and are keeping themselves to themselves to get into the right frame for Saturday

Back