• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Ok, maybe i spoke to soon just up the page...bloody hell that run-in looks truly horrific!

Oh well, would we want another manager taking on that challenge at this point? Probably not!

COYS!
Yeah, but we tend to play our best against the better teams. I'm not concerned about who we're playing. We can beat anyone with the team playing the way it had. What would concern me more is how many non-league fixtures we'll have and if the team will have the juice to keep it going at a high level at that stage of the season. So together with everyone else, I'm really curious to see how things unfold and enjoying the ride for now.

Points against teams 1-7 and 9 in the table (not including Southampton as they'll drop away again and City actually won against them):

18 West Ham (10 games)
16 Liverpool (9)
13 Arsenal (8), Chelsea (8)
12 West Brom (9), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (10)
10 Tottenham (8)
9 Southampton (9), Watford (9)
8 Bournemouth (10)
7 Manchester United (8), Crystal Palace (9), Norwich (10)
6 Stoke (9), Swansea (10)
5 Leicester (9), Everton (10)
4 Sunderland (9)
3 Emirates Marketing Project (8), Aston Villa (9)

i don't see any reason we can't finish above Emirates Marketing Project, take aguero out and they look very ordinary, they never win when Kompany is injured and yaya plays like he's had enough these days

And us without Kane are not much better?

And us without Kane are not much better?

But Kane appears to be much more resilient than Aguero. Aguero is regularly missing games, whereas, Kane has barely misdeed a game for us through injury. Plus, I think that we approaching a day at which our squad can cover for absences and is more about the squad than any particular star player.

Had a thought today.........i really really want us in the CL next year.

Why? It's the last season in our beloved stadium and i want all and sundry to come and take us on.

Gent, Tel-Aviv, BATE Bor, Astana?

There's actually very little difference in the calibre/profile of sides between the EL and CL, it's just that the big 3 of Madrid, Barca and Bayern play in the latter.

Gent, Tel-Aviv, BATE Bor, Astana?

There's actually very little difference in the calibre/profile of sides between the EL and CL, it's just that the big 3 of Madrid, Barca and Bayern play in the latter.
Oh stop tinkling on my sentiments.

I agree with you though. I've often laid out what kind of run you may have to go on to win the EL and it is just as tough and nostalgic as the CL bar the team's you mention.

but the CL is the top competition and rembering the last time we had it, and those nights at the lane, I'd love it for our last season.

Oh stop tinkleing on my sentiments.

I agree with you though. I've often laid out what kind of run you may have to go on to win the EL and it is just as tough and nostalgic as the CL bar the team's you mention.

but the CL is the top competition and rembering the last time we had it, and those nights at the lane, I'd love it for our last season.

I have no less fond memories of the recent EL glory glory nights against Anderlecht, Lyon, Fiorentina, Saville; Kane's first hattrick, GK appearance and Lamela's rabona all against Asteras. You get out of competitions what you put into them.

IMO better to win the EL in our final season at the Lane, than get murdered in the first knock-out match of the CL.

I have no less fond memories of the recent EL glory glory nights against Anderlecht, Lyon, Fiorentina, Saville; Kane's first hattrick, GK appearance and Lamela's rabona all against Asteras. You get out of competitions what you put into them.

IMO better to win the EL in our final season at the Lane, than get murdered in the first knock-out match of the CL.

You can't highlight the lack of quality in the champions league and then say we will get murdered!!!!!

We're better than a lot of teams in the comp and our coefficient gained from the EL will help us with any draw we may be involved in

But Kane appears to be much more resilient than Aguero. Aguero is regularly missing games, whereas, Kane has barely misdeed a game for us through injury. Plus, I think that we approaching a day at which our squad can cover for absences and is more about the squad than any particular star player.

True, no argument from me here. However all it takes is a despicable Charlie Adam tackle or a Connor Wickham elbow that breaks a cheek bone and he is out for the season.

You can keep your glory glory nights with Saville to yourself.

Things are going fantastically well so far, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Our final run in really has me worried:

Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

We took just one point from the first five of those fixtures last season. Any repeat of that and the five point gap to Man Utd and the eight point gap to Liverpool will shrink very quickly. And whilst Southampton will probably be looking to their summer holidays whilst resigned to a mid-table finish by that point, we may need to go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the final day with them needing to get a result to stay up.

It's very important that we build as big a gap over our rivals during our easier run of fixtures as possible. A 2010 style run in where we win the big games would be fantastic, but I don't want to have to rely on it...

Yes mentioned it several times, April frightens me to death. Right now though we are right on track. 5pts clear of 5th. This season GD could be massive, if we could eek out another 3pts lead by the Liverpool match with the GD we would be effectively 9pts clear.
That would be my target.
A lot may depend on Euro and FA committments for us all, and who plays who following a Thursday night match if any of us are still in it.

A long way to go, but the key for me is building up that gap to 5th by as many pts as possible over the next few weeks.
Next 2 matches
Spurs Norwich (a) Watford (h)
United Stoke (h) Chelsea (a)
Liverpool Leicester (a) Sunderland (h)
West Ham Villa (h) Southampton (a)

An absolutely massive oppurtunity to go 7 or 8pts clear of 5th before we play City

Keep thinking that 4th isn't good enough this year given that cheatski have sole focus on the CL. We need 3rd

Third means automatic entry to the CL group stages while fourth means a potentially tricky qualifying game right at the start of the season.

You can't highlight the lack of quality in the champions league and then say we will get murdered!!!!!

We're better than a lot of teams in the comp and our coefficient gained from the EL will help us with any draw we may be involved in

I just meant we'll get murdered the first time we face one of the big 3. Like when we drew Madrid last time, and like happens to all the English sides in the competition.

I just meant we'll get murdered the first time we face one of the big 3. Like when we drew Madrid last time, and like happens to all the English sides in the competition.

I'll take that in the latter stages of it means er have increased our profile, eating plenty of money and most importantly had down blinding Games along the way

I don't think any of us can count on UTD right now. On paper they are brick, but if they keep on defending then there is always a chance for them to nick those little 1-0 wins at the death. You would think that against Stoke and Chelsea they would get at the most 2 points, but it could so easily be 6 with the way those two teams are playing. Liverpool will probably get ripped apart by Leicester but outscore Sunderland so 3 points.

The team that seems the most likely to force their way into the top four is actually West Ham. Payet is their talisman and they are a bit of a one man team, as seen by the stats for the period when he was out injured, but as we showed with Bale, sometimes all you need is 1 player to do something special and you can go far. I can see them getting 6 points from the next two games easily. We should probably do the same though although the game with Watford could go either way with the way they have Deeney and Ighalo playing. Watford will be up for it after the way we nicked it at their place, but they have had a mini slump since then.

Spurs - 48
West Ham - 42
Man UTD - 39
Liverpool - 37

I say we should keep looking up and not bother looking back. No sense in worrying about them behind us, just keep winning and close in with the top 3.

Back