• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Go look at the lineups and this isnt really true.

Redknapp rotated more than Pochettino in the League.
Poch has 8 of his players playing in over 90% of our league games so far this season
Redknapp had only 4 of his players playing in over 90% of league games that season.
Thanks.... That was my perception as well. Rarely do facts get in the way of a good argument. Whether Poch's rotation of his players is bang on/too much or not enough I have no idea, but Redknapp rotated just as much, if not more.

When his hand was forced he'd move players around in the hope that something might work out.
In the same way that Pochettino does you mean? It seems to me that Alli and Dier only missed league games when suspended, Dembele and Lamela when injured, . I'm not arguing whether or not Pochettino doesn't rotate enough, just countering the claim that he does so more than Redknapp, the facts do not support that at all.

Last edited:
We'll see come the business end of the season but rotation goes hand in hand with training - If we're better prepared for burn-out at the back end of the season it doesn't really matter how much we rotate compared to 11/12

We'll see come the business end of the season but rotation goes hand in hand with training - If we're better prepared for burn-out at the back end of the season it doesn't really matter how much we rotate compared to 11/12
I don't think we burnt out in the 11/12 season anyway. I think we suffered from some injuries, some bad luck, some over confidence and lack of application and perhaps a bit of failure under the weight of expectation. That run above misses out the final few weeks of the season where we got back on track. Had we been burnt out then I don't think that would've happened. Interestingly even with that poor run highlighted above we still would've finished 3rd had we just beat bloody Aston Villa late that season.

Arsenal had just suffered a bad result at home to Norwich and, again, I think we bottled it, saw our chance and tensed up.

Points from the last 6 games

Arsenal 11
Leicester 9
Emirates Marketing Project 11
Tottenham 13
Man Utd 8
West Ham 11
Stoke 10
Crystal Palace 5
Liverpool 7
Southampton 9
Everton 6
Watford 4
West Brom 7
Chelsea 10
Bournemouth 8
Norwich 9
Swansea 8
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5
Sunderland 6
Aston Villa 6

Palace, Norwich, Watford with Colchester (FA Cup) in the middle

You make that 4 wins and its a huge step to securing top 4. Leicester in that timeframe has Stoke, Pool, City & Scum. United has Southampton, Stoke & Cheat$ki

Good day for us after that win.

UTD and Stoke lost whilst West Ham and Emirates Marketing Project drew. A shame that Liverpool got that winner at the death but we just have to focus on ourselves for the next couple of months. If we can win our next two games against Watford and Norwich then we will be heading into the Emirates Marketing Project game in great form.

I don't think we burnt out in the 11/12 season anyway. I think we suffered from some injuries, some bad luck, some over confidence and lack of application and perhaps a bit of failure under the weight of expectation. That run above misses out the final few weeks of the season where we got back on track. Had we been burnt out then I don't think that would've happened. Interestingly even with that poor run highlighted above we still would've finished 3rd had we just beat bloody Aston Villa late that season.

Arsenal had just suffered a bad result at home to Norwich and, again, I think we bottled it, saw our chance and tensed up.

With it being the penultimate match it is always remembered the most. But for me it was lost at Easter.

Drove up to Sunderland on the Friday night, we drew 0-0 at Sunderland, then drove down to Enfield for the weekend to see us lose 1-0 at home to Norwich.
We should really have got at least 3pts if not 4 from those 2 matches.

Good day for us after that win.

UTD and Stoke lost whilst West Ham and Emirates Marketing Project drew. A shame that Liverpool got that winner at the death but we just have to focus on ourselves for the next couple of months. If we can win our next two games against Watford and Norwich then we will be heading into the Emirates Marketing Project game in great form.

Could just do with a Chelsea win tomorrow. That 5pt gap to Leicester could disappear in the 2 next matches. Then the following weekend its Arsenal v Leicester and Emirates Marketing Project v Tottenham.
A real Super Sunday in the offing which could be massive in the title race

I shouldn't contemplate it, but before kick-off that weekend all 4 teams could feasibly sat on 48pts

I mean just think about, even if you throw out all the dropped points in the early part of the season, had we just beaten Leicester at home a couple of weeks ago, we'd be sitting top of the league right now. Although we were the better team today, we did need some luck, what with Palace coming close to going ahead at least 2-3 times late in the second. Hopefully this is the start of our results reflecting our performances for the remainder of the season. Personally, I'm not afraid of any team right now. We can beat anyone, as long as we play our game.

Had a thought today.........i really really want us in the CL next year.

Why? It's the last season in our beloved stadium and i want all and sundry to come and take us on.

Keep thinking that 4th isn't good enough this year given that cheatski have sole focus on the CL. We need 3rd

Keep thinking that 4th isn't good enough this year given that cheatski have sole focus on the CL. We need 3rd

Why does what they do matter.

A) they won't win the champions league
B) the rule change means that our place wouldn't be effected regardless

Why does what they do matter.

A) they won't win the champions league
B) the rule change means that our place wouldn't be effected regardless
You just know if we come 4th that Liverpool or Man U will fluke their way to the EL as well as Chelsea winning the CL...

Good job we're coming 1st then I suppose ;)

i don't see any reason we can't finish above Emirates Marketing Project, take aguero out and they look very ordinary, they never win when Kompany is injured and yaya plays like he's had enough these days

Things are going fantastically well so far, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Our final run in really has me worried:

Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

We took just one point from the first five of those fixtures last season. Any repeat of that and the five point gap to Man Utd and the eight point gap to Liverpool will shrink very quickly. And whilst Southampton will probably be looking to their summer holidays whilst resigned to a mid-table finish by that point, we may need to go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the final day with them needing to get a result to stay up.

It's very important that we build as big a gap over our rivals during our easier run of fixtures as possible. A 2010 style run in where we win the big games would be fantastic, but I don't want to have to rely on it...

Things are going fantastically well so far, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Our final run in really has me worried:

Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

We took just one point from the first five of those fixtures last season. Any repeat of that and the five point gap to Man Utd and the eight point gap to Liverpool will shrink very quickly. And whilst Southampton will probably be looking to their summer holidays whilst resigned to a mid-table finish by that point, we may need to go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the final day with them needing to get a result to stay up.

It's very important that we build as big a gap over our rivals during our easier run of fixtures as possible. A 2010 style run in where we win the big games would be fantastic, but I don't want to have to rely on it...

Ok, maybe i spoke to soon just up the page...bloody hell that run-in looks truly horrific!

Oh well, would we want another manager taking on that challenge at this point? Probably not!

COYS!

Back