• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I'd just like to remind everyone that we're the team in the Premier League, per April 1st, in the year 2016, that have scored the most goals, and conceded the least goals. Who would've thought that at the beginning of the season? It's very strange that we're not sitting comfortably in the top spot.

I'd just like to remind everyone that we're the team in the Premier League, per April 1st, in the year 2016, that have scored the most goals, and conceded the least goals. Who would've thought that at the beginning of the season? It's very strange that we're not sitting comfortably in the top spot.

I think it's got something to do with the fact that we also have the most draws this season.

That shouldn't take anything away from what has been a superb season so far, though. There are so many positives to take from this season, not only in the stats, but in the way we've played, our consistency, our youngsters stepping up, etc. Winning the title (!) would be the icing on an already very tasty cake.

This is interesting (from this - also very interesting - BBC article):

_89004087_tottenham_spurs_stats_ages_v4.png

I think it's got something to do with the fact that we also have the most draws this season.

That shouldn't take anything away from what has been a superb season so far, though. There are so many positives to take from this season, not only in the stats, but in the way we've played, our consistency, our youngsters stepping up, etc. Winning the title (!) would be the icing on an already very tasty cake.

Agree.

I think people (not you 'cos you haven't!) who complain that 'if only we hadn't drawn so many games early on) are missing the single biggest factor in all of this. Those draws were what taught us to start to winning!!!!! The manager and squad learned. Of course I wish we'd got an extra 6 points from the draws this season, but they were necessary in order for us to be where we are (if you follow my logic)...

Wow. I would never have guessed that the first Chesea title-winning team was so young. Having looked at Wikipedia, they had young a Robben, Cole and Johnson...as well as the likes of Lampard, Drogba and Gudjohnsen, all of whom were about 26. But still, they just don't seem anywhere near as youthful (in hindsight) as our young Spurs.

You'll never win anything with kids...

Agree.

I think people (not you 'cos you haven't!) who complain that 'if only we hadn't drawn so many games early on) are missing the single biggest factor in all of this. Those draws were what taught us to start to winning!!!!! The manager and squad learned. Of course I wish we'd got an extra 6 points from the draws this season, but they were necessary in order for us to be where we are (if you follow my logic)...
I agree, but that loss from Leicester... Oh how that still bugs me. Even a draw would have us now 2 points behind them and title favorites.

That's no longer the case. Leicester have 9 to our 10 and Chelsea, Everton and West Ham have 11.

Mind the gap...

Points after 31 games (goal diff)

66 Leicester (+23)
61 Spurs (+32)
58 Arsenal (+22)
54 ManC (+24)

I think that's then. We really needed 6 points from this and the United game, which was always going to be tough. I thought the United game would be the tougher of the two anyway. Also, watch the teams with nothing to play for, role over for Leicester.

Leicester had to fudge up twice, nothing has changed in that regard for us

for them, adds a little bit of pressure hopefully

Back