• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

He had a great first half. Wasn’t a Better right back in the league at that point IMO
Second half of the season though was average at best
Leicester at home summed him up TBH... shad butting a players back whilst the player was leaving the area and not getting the ball... just downright odd and dumb
He has wanted or leave for 18 months and now he needs to find a buyer and leave with our blessing
Exactly what I mean about confirmation bias, you remember and highlight the one stupid thing he did all season but ignore all the positive play from him.
He's made far less mistakes than any of our other defenders and only one big mistake from a defender in a full season is good.

Exactly what I mean about confirmation bias, you remember and highlight the one stupid thing he did all season but ignore all the positive play from him.
He's made far less mistakes than any of our other defenders and only one big mistake from a defender in a full season is good.

no I did say he was great for half a season
I have said that repeatedly
Bit I’ve also highlighted an incredibly dumb stupid error
And it wasn’t unique for him
It’s different giving away a penalty by making a poor tackle or by a random handball so bad they changed the rules.. but head butting a players back.
It was on par with Gaazanigas penalty vs Chelsea last season where he could catch the ball but instead kicked a player in the shoulder.
We have to stop defending stupid players. Players who have actually not progressed on any level and are inferior to the player they were replacing.
And it wasn’t one mistake this season was it? I mean that was one mistake in one game. There have been others

Good player, if we had two good CB's he would have been much more effective/appreciated.

But he's made his position clear, time to sell and move on.

Yep, i do not think Aurier is as bad as s ome fans have tried to make out since he has been here but we should move on now and give game time to the others.
It depends which week it is - and that's the main issue.
One week he looks like a world beater, the next week a liability.

He head butted a players back.... the guy was going away from goal and was not a threat
It was a very bizarre bit of play and very much what a stupid player does
If Doherty had done that he would have got hammered
Remember when I highlighted the skinning Aurier got vs Leeds... you kindly highlighted bales role in the problem yet weirdly when I highlighted that vs Arsenal... it was all on Doherty
Neither player is good enough for us as it stands but Doherty hasn’t had the brain farts like old serge.
TBF I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player head butt another players back... even sissoko hasn’t done that
Brain fart or no brain far Doherty was significantly worse than Aurier all season.

Brain fart or no brain far Doherty was significantly worse than Aurier all season.
Maybe he was
He had more assists I believe but scored less goals (don’t think he scored any)
But he does have some excuses in new team, new system etc... serge doesn’t. He is just average, with some great games and some poor ones

Maybe he was
He had more assists I believe but scored less goals (don’t think he scored any)
But he does have some excuses in new team, new system etc... serge doesn’t. He is just average, with some great games and some poor ones
Aurier was better than Doherty, and I want both to be sold. We must do better than either.

Aurier was better than Doherty, and I want both to be sold. We must do better than either.
Doherty has played some games well and some Bad. He was our best defender vs Leicester for example
Aurier has had some great games too
But he can always do what he did in the final, or vs Leicester or vs Leeds
The guy just not been good enough for a long enough period here. Neither head Doherty so far but he was better than serge last season at wolves so there may be a player there.

Back