• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Has the tools imo but just doesn’t quite have the focus and determination I gather to push himself into that elite bracket.

Give him Harry’s drive for example and he could be a really excellent full back.

If Aurier goes can Doherty take his place and Jack Clarke understudy? Would save us some cash and help us find better players through the spine of the team

Clarke is a winger, Dermi Lusala is 18 and highly rated and should be given game time in the Europe conference league games. You have to give game time to the youngsters and allow them the chance to progress.

Shame.... we’ll struggle to get a better fullback for the money we’ll get for Aurier.
I always thought it was a mistake giving Soton KWP as part of the Hojberg deal. I thought he had the potential to become a very good RB and as Hojberg was in last year of his contract Soton weren’t in a position of power and would have preferred we paid an extra few million for him rather than give away KWP....

Thought he had a very solid season. A lot seem to make up their mind on a player and then there's a lot of confirmation bias going on.
He had a great first half. Wasn’t a Better right back in the league at that point IMO
Second half of the season though was average at best
Leicester at home summed him up TBH... shad butting a players back whilst the player was leaving the area and not getting the ball... just downright odd and dumb
He has wanted or leave for 18 months and now he needs to find a buyer and leave with our blessing

I've really warmed to him, but with his contract situation I think we have to push on with foyth and tanganga for next season

He had a great first half. Wasn’t a Better right back in the league at that point IMO
Second half of the season though was average at best
Leicester at home summed him up TBH... shad butting a players back whilst the player was leaving the area and not getting the ball... just downright odd and dumb
He has wanted or leave for 18 months and now he needs to find a buyer and leave with our blessing
It didn’t really ‘sum him up’. It was a piece of poor play just like several of our other defenders had pieces of poor play this season (most of them more poor moments than Aurier as well).

It didn’t really ‘sum him up’. It was a piece of poor play just like several of our other defenders had pieces of poor play this season (most of them more poor moments than Aurier as well).
He head butted a players back.... the guy was going away from goal and was not a threat
It was a very bizarre bit of play and very much what a stupid player does
If Doherty had done that he would have got hammered
Remember when I highlighted the skinning Aurier got vs Leeds... you kindly highlighted bales role in the problem yet weirdly when I highlighted that vs Arsenal... it was all on Doherty
Neither player is good enough for us as it stands but Doherty hasn’t had the brain farts like old serge.
TBF I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player head butt another players back... even sissoko hasn’t done that

He head butted a players back.... the guy was going away from goal and was not a threat
It was a very bizarre bit of play and very much what a stupid player does
If Doherty had done that he would have got hammered
Remember when I highlighted the skinning Aurier got vs Leeds... you kindly highlighted bales role in the problem yet weirdly when I highlighted that vs Arsenal... it was all on Doherty
Neither player is good enough for us as it stands but Doherty hasn’t had the brain farts like old serge.
TBF I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player head butt another players back... even sissoko hasn’t done that
As I say, one moment in one game..... look at the pens given away by Hojbjerg, look at Regulion’s terrible moments against Villa. Dier’s absolutely desperate penalty against Chelsea (amongst other terrible moments). That moment didn’t sum up Aurier’s season, it was his worst moment of what was overall a pretty good season for him.

As I say, one moment in one game..... look at the pens given away by Hojbjerg, look at Regulion’s terrible moments against Villa. Dier’s absolutely desperate penalty against Chelsea (amongst other terrible moments). That moment didn’t sum up Aurier’s season, it was his worst moment of what was overall a pretty good season for him.
By his standards it was a solid season
But his bar with us is very low...
his first half of the season he was as good as any RB aim the league
Then he reverted to type
I don’t know why because if you show that you can play at a high level for a reasonable pier is I’d expect him to get back to it at some point. But in his case his norm and regular level is mid to low prem standard at best
He wouldn’t get in the Villa team for example of Leeds of Everton TBF...
He would get in wolves team and Newcastles I reckon
He just doesn’t have anything that’s great about his play. Actually he is very good in the air for his height. He rarely if ever loses a ball from a long pass down his side in the air if he gets near it

I've really warmed to him, but with his contract situation I think we have to push on with foyth and tanganga for next season

Yep, i do not think Aurier is as bad as s ome fans have tried to make out since he has been here but we should move on now and give game time to the others.

Back