• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

So, I'm 65 in May, having supported Spurs for 60 plus years and as a Gold Season ticket holder attend every single home match from Leeds (don't talk to me about getting away/"home" for me tickets, anymore :mad:), will be expected, when I reach the (pushed back) national retirement age of 66, to pay more for my ST (this despite seeing my income reducing by 50%)
WTUF? 🤬
No, you won’t pay more.
You’ll receive a discount of 40% or 45% or something, compared to what you currently pay.

No, you won’t pay more.
You’ll receive a discount of 40% or 45% or something, compared to what you currently pay.
I'm not on massive wages and currently around a third of that income goes on supporting Spurs (travel, ST etc). When I retire my income will drop by around 30% so the old fvcker's discount is going to come in handy. But now I find out that that discount will be eroded i.e. I will pay more over and above inflationary increases, in the coming years, effectively pricing me out of the market. I know the BS about "valuing our loyalty" is exactly that BS, but it still comes across as a slap in the face when it's written into the "contract".

I gave up my season ticket just after covid, it got to the point where the amount spent on a match day was reaching £50-60 minimum on top of the actual season ticket, hard to justify for football really.

Every time I do go I'm shocked at the cost of official merchandise from the shop, £80 for a shirt etc..... but the shop is rammed full of people buying it.

ENIC doesn't really care who they price out all the time there is about 100 people willing to take your place and spend the money.

To be fair, it's not just ENIC, I believe most clubs will be putting the costs up, the reasoning is correct though, costs are going up.

Well as I say, the people whose names are in these tickets are dead so they couldn’t respond

The amnesty was for people to tell the club they had tickets like that and for their names to be swapped in, I know someone who chose to just give up the season ticket and not deal with the faff as they didn't believe the club wouldn't question it.

The amnesty was for people to tell the club they had tickets like that and for their names to be swapped in, I know someone who chose to just give up the season ticket and not deal with the faff as they didn't believe the club wouldn't question it.
I can’t comment about that time
I know that he has 5 tickets currently and 2 of the people whose names they are in are dead

I gave up my season ticket just after covid, it got to the point where the amount spent on a match day was reaching £50-60 minimum on top of the actual season ticket, hard to justify for football really.

Every time I do go I'm shocked at the cost of official merchandise from the shop, £80 for a shirt etc..... but the shop is rammed full of people buying it.

ENIC doesn't really care who they price out all the time there is about 100 people willing to take your place and spend the money.

To be fair, it's not just ENIC, I believe most clubs will be putting the costs up, the reasoning is correct though, costs are going up.
THST said the increase couldn't be justified. It can. Inflation has been all over the news and the season ticket only went up once in 5 years. So I'm not too unhappy about the regular increase albeit, I saw a tweet yesterday that Bayern won't increase their ST prices because it's worth f**k all to them in the scheme of things. I'd be interested to see how much the club make from this and how much they currently make from match days. Doubt we'll ever get the figures though.

I think you're absolutely right though - the prices in the shop I find shocking and the club don't care what 60,000 they have in the stadium as long as they have 60,000. If people like @mephitis have to give up their season ticket, that only matters when there is no f**ker there to buy it the next season.

Kind of goes against what the game should be and all this talk of "family". But, as you rightly point out, it's not just Spurs - most clubs are the same.

Indeed, lots of clubs increased their prices more than Spurs. I’m actually amazed Spurs increased the price so little and so infrequently. Look at this article which details what the other top six clubs have done recently

Seems we are copying arse anal

Last edited:
I'm not on massive wages and currently around a third of that income goes on supporting Spurs (travel, ST etc). When I retire my income will drop by around 30% so the old fvcker's discount is going to come in handy. But now I find out that that discount will be eroded i.e. I will pay more over and above inflationary increases, in the coming years, effectively pricing me out of the market. I know the BS about "valuing our loyalty" is exactly that BS, but it still comes across as a slap in the face when it's written into the "contract".
My bad, I see that new season ticket discounts are being stopped after next year 2425 so I think you miss that by one year? But you will qualify for match ticket discounts. Their wording is not very clear.

From the 2025/26 season, no new senior concession season tickets will be made available – however, matchday senior concession tickets will remain available. Existing season ticket holders that currently sit in an area where concessions apply, and who become eligible for a senior season ticket for the 2024/25 season, will still qualify for a senior concession at a discounted rate of 50% for the 2024/25 season – this applies only to those currently sat within a concession area. This discount will be phased down to 25% by the 2029/30 season."

I can’t comment about that time
I know that he has 5 tickets currently and 2 of the people whose names they are in are dead
Think Liverpool had a similar problem. They said health and safety required photo id etc and everyone had to register again, weeded out quite a few deceased season ticket holders. Quite right too.

THST said the increase couldn't be justified. It can. Inflation has been all over the news and the season ticket only went up once in 5 years. So I'm not too unhappy about the regular increase albeit, I saw a tweet yesterday that Bayern won't increase their ST prices because it's worth f**k all to them in the scheme of things. I'd be interested to see how much the club make from this and how much they currently make from match days. Doubt we'll ever get the figures though.

I think you're absolutely right though - the prices in the shop I find shocking and the club don't care what 60,000 they have in the stadium as long as they have 60,000. If people like @mephitis have to give up their season ticket, that only matters when there is no f**ker there to buy it the next season.

Kind of goes against what the game should be and all this talk of "family". But, as you rightly point out, it's not just Spurs - most clubs are the same.

It’s a bit like Disney World/Disneyland. Walt Disney had a vision of people from all walks of life going to his parks. I used to go fairly frequently, haven’t been since 2017 but know plenty of friends and family who have and all in the trip costs about £15k, probably more now! Corporations don’t care who goes as long as they get people through the door. That’s not what football should be about IMO and I’m forever baffled as to how so many on here are so loyal to ENIC and completely fine with whatever the club charge as they’ll seemingly pay whatever it costs as long as they can realistically afford it.

Munich are in the CL every year, win the league every year (eeek) and poach the best players in the league with ease they don't need more income, I am willing to bet if that changes they would put prices up.

I doubt the club actually wants senior people at the games, they won't spend as much in the shop or eat/drink as much, apologies if that is stereotyping some, but it's true.

Think Liverpool had a similar problem. They said health and safety required photo id etc and everyone had to register again, weeded out quite a few deceased season ticket holders. Quite right too.
It’s scummy TBH
It’s why it’s so hard to get away tickets
So many keep a ticket to get the ones they want

It’s a bit like Disney World/Disneyland. Walt Disney had a vision of people from all walks of life going to his parks. I used to go fairly frequently, haven’t been since 2017 but know plenty of friends and family who have and all in the trip costs about £15k, probably more now! Corporations don’t care who goes as long as they get people through the door. That’s not what football should be about IMO and I’m forever baffled as to how so many on here are so loyal to ENIC and completely fine with whatever the club charge as they’ll seemingly pay whatever it costs as long as they can realistically afford it.

Off topic, but Disney is going to go bang soon, there will be a point where people say enough.

£600 for a 14 day ticket? Get in the bin.

Disney plus / movies are struggling as well.

Back