• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

THST said the increase couldn't be justified. It can. Inflation has been all over the news and the season ticket only went up once in 5 years. So I'm not too unhappy about the regular increase albeit, I saw a tweet yesterday that Bayern won't increase their ST prices because it's worth f**k all to them in the scheme of things. I'd be interested to see how much the club make from this and how much they currently make from match days. Doubt we'll ever get the figures though.

I think you're absolutely right though - the prices in the shop I find shocking and the club don't care what 60,000 they have in the stadium as long as they have 60,000. If people like @mephitis have to give up their season ticket, that only matters when there is no f**ker there to buy it the next season.

Kind of goes against what the game should be and all this talk of "family". But, as you rightly point out, it's not just Spurs - most clubs are the same.
Bayern make more money on their non season tickets which they have increased in price…

It’s a bit like Disney World/Disneyland. Walt Disney had a vision of people from all walks of life going to his parks. I used to go fairly frequently, haven’t been since 2017 but know plenty of friends and family who have and all in the trip costs about £15k, probably more now! Corporations don’t care who goes as long as they get people through the door. That’s not what football should be about IMO and I’m forever baffled as to how so many on here are so loyal to ENIC and completely fine with whatever the club charge as they’ll seemingly pay whatever it costs as long as they can realistically afford it.

Unless we lucked out with a benevolent oligarch type owner, ticket prices will always be high - no use holding it against the current owners as it'll be no different with someone else in charge. The issue, like a lot of issues people have, is with modern football.

Last edited:
Unless we lucked out with a benevolent oligarch type owner, ticket prices will always be high - no use holding it against the current owners as it'll be no different with someone else in charge. The issue, like a lot of issues people have, is with modern football.
Probably correct, unfortunately.

I’ve found my own solution - have stopped going, by and large. It had turned into a £150 day out. I’ve been once this season (a good choice - the Sheffield United game) and might go once more, but probably not. Have saved myself a load of cash, and have saved even more by ditching Mr Murdoch and entering the world of the dodgy stick.

Have I missed attending? Not really, if I’m honest. I can see any of our games that I want to and - with pretty poor fare on offer from us on the pitch of late - I turn off and am in my own home, ready to do other things, rather than facing a three hour slog back.

I’ve also spent some of the money saved in going to a few more gigs. Ticket prices are cheaper, it’s closer to home and it’s guaranteed enjoyment without the added suffering!

Probably correct, unfortunately.

I’ve found my own solution - have stopped going, by and large. It had turned into a £150 day out. I’ve been once this season (a good choice - the Sheffield United game) and might go once more, but probably not. Have saved myself a load of cash, and have saved even more by ditching Mr Murdoch and entering the world of the dodgy stick.

Have I missed attending? Not really, if I’m honest. I can see any of our games that I want to and - with pretty poor fare on offer from us on the pitch of late - I turn off and am in my own home, ready to do other things, rather than facing a three hour slog back.

I’ve also spent some of the money saved in going to a few more gigs. Ticket prices are cheaper, it’s closer to home and it’s guaranteed enjoyment without the added suffering!

Funny you mention gigs as i was going to use that as an example of another form of entertainment where prices have spiralled over recent years, in fact far higher than what football has imv - to see a top level band on a stadium tour seems to be extortionate these days, granted your low level bands in local/small venues are still cheap but that wouldn't be comparable to PL/European level football

Funny you mention gigs as i was going to use that as an example of another form of entertainment where prices have spiralled over recent years, in fact far higher than what football has imv - to see a top level band on a stadium tour seems to be extortionate these days, granted your low level bands in local/small venues are still cheap but that wouldn't be comparable to PL/European level football
Wouldn’t waste my time or money on a stadium gig tbh. Overpriced, lack atmosphere and terrible views. In the last six weeks, have been to gigs at Bristol Beacon (brilliant venue), Thekla in Bristol, Southampton Guildhall, and the 02 Academy Bournemouth. Maximum ticket spend was £40, a couple were under £30. Four great nights!

I gave up my season ticket just after covid, it got to the point where the amount spent on a match day was reaching £50-60 minimum on top of the actual season ticket, hard to justify for football really.

Every time I do go I'm shocked at the cost of official merchandise from the shop, £80 for a shirt etc..... but the shop is rammed full of people buying it.

ENIC doesn't really care who they price out all the time there is about 100 people willing to take your place and spend the money.

To be fair, it's not just ENIC, I believe most clubs will be putting the costs up, the reasoning is correct though, costs are going up.

Here's the thing

- A season ticket is a ton of effort and expense, as you rightly said, it's typically a significant spend on top of your ticket price, plus almost a full day (travel, time before and after game, travel back)
- It absolutely isn't an ENIC thing, it's all football and all sport, some of those clubs have completely run down stadiums and still charge more. Concert tickets in London are outrageous, and F1 tickets are a scam (I went 3 years ago, same tickets are 50% more already and now they are trying to force you to buy all three days if you want to actually see the race)

I think 3-5% increases are going to be normal, every year or every other (Fulham increased tickets 18% last season)

Fortunately for me, I can probably eat the increase, but as others have mentioned (and I have in the past), the moaning entitled fans (stadium is much closer to social media today than it ever was) will probably make me give it up sooner vs. later

Munich are in the CL every year, win the league every year (eeek) and poach the best players in the league with ease they don't need more income, I am willing to bet if that changes they would put prices up.

I doubt the club actually wants senior people at the games, they won't spend as much in the shop or eat/drink as much, apologies if that is stereotyping some, but it's true.
It's more that German football has a different mentality when it comes to the fans. Firstly they obviously have the 50+1 rule which means that the clubs have to actually adhere to the desires of their fans more than from an outside investor. Secondly ticket prices in Germany are much cheaper across the board for the aforementioned reason so increasing the price doesn't actually add much to the bottom line.

This is what Uli Hoeness former Bayern Chairman said about ticket prices in 2022

“We could charge more than £104. Let’s say we charged £300. We’d get £2m more in income, but what’s £2m to us?”

“In a transfer discussion, you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk,”

It's just a different mentality.

Off topic, but Disney is going to go bang soon, there will be a point where people say enough.

£600 for a 14 day ticket? Get in the bin.

Disney plus / movies are struggling as well.

You’d think that but the queues for every ride are still 2-3 hours every day, even in the colder months.

Yeah I appreciate it isn’t unique to Spurs. And I know we have a new stadium to pay for, but still, having the most expensive tickets in London when we’re not the most successful club (by a long way) is a bit of a tinkle take IMO. Could understand if it was Arsenal as whilst they’ve not been in and amongst the biggest prizes in football in the last 15-20 years, they are the most successful club historically in London, at least domestically, not so much in Europe.

Yeah I appreciate it isn’t unique to Spurs. And I know we have a new stadium to pay for, but still, having the most expensive tickets in London when we’re not the most successful club (by a long way) is a bit of a tinkle take IMO. Could understand if it was Arsenal as whilst they’ve not been in and amongst the biggest prizes in football in the last 15-20 years, they are the most successful club historically in London, at least domestically, not so much in Europe.
They have put prices up too

The Athletic have done a piece on it saying "Tottenham fans are raging at the increase". The say they've spoken to "many" fans and the typical reaction is unhappiness at the increase. The issue I have with hyperbole like that in the media is that many Tottenham fans aren't raging about it at all. If you look on here, most have accepted an increase is inevitable. It's tabloid terminology. You can find "many" fans who will support whatever position you want to take on this increase but "Spurs fans mildly irritated by increase" isn't quite as click-baity.

The bit of substance in the article is that this "will make an extra £2.5million ($3.2m) to £3m per year. Not nothing, but not a lot in the context of a stadium that brings in more than £5m for every home game Spurs play there."

That does make it seem that the club is hitting loyal fans for something that will increase our matchday revenue (which is apparently £95m a season) by just over 3% at most and our overall revenue (based on 2022/23 numbers which did include CL) by less than half a percent. I guess the caveat there is that the £95m number is revenue rather than profit so the spin is designed to make the club look as bad as possible.

It's not a good look I guess and it does look like bad PR and hitting loyal fans for a fairly small return.

Yeah they are
Always have been

Ah I thought ours were more expensive. I take back what I said about ours being most expensive expensive in London. There’s no way our tickets should be dearer than theirs tbh.

I’m not a season ticket holder but the prices are surprisingly good surely?

I just paid a grand for new pads and discs for my car, and £2k for a few crowns and fillings at the dentist.

A pint of beer costs £6 plus at a pub now.

A lot of the population lose sight of inflation -it is 2024 not 1984.

The world doesn’t owe me a living and Spurs don’t owe me a seat in their house.

I’m not a season ticket holder but the prices are surprisingly good surely?

I just paid a grand for new pads and discs for my car, and £2k for a few crowns and fillings at the dentist.

A pint of beer costs £6 plus at a pub now.

A lot of the population lose sight of inflation -it is 2024 not 1984.

The world doesn’t owe me a living and Spurs don’t owe me a seat in their house.
I find them okay but I've only been a ST holder for 3 years and it's really a day out for me when I go. I'm also fortunate that I've got a decent job at the moment and Ryanair fly to Stansted.

However, if I was in my early 20s or unemployed or reliant on a pension, I'd struggle to justify the cost even if I lived in London. There's a balance to be struck between being a club and a business...at what point to you say "tough brick if you can't afford it and have supported us for years, thousands of others can."

It's more that German football has a different mentality when it comes to the fans. Firstly they obviously have the 50+1 rule which means that the clubs have to actually adhere to the desires of their fans more than from an outside investor. Secondly ticket prices in Germany are much cheaper across the board for the aforementioned reason so increasing the price doesn't actually add much to the bottom line.

This is what Uli Hoeness former Bayern Chairman said about ticket prices in 2022

We could charge more than £104. Let’s say we charged £300. We’d get £2m more in income, but what’s £2m to us?”

“In a transfer discussion, you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk,”

It's just a different mentality.

Not being an idiot for the sake of it, but his math is flimflam, 3X income is $2M?

WHL to new stadium is 2X the size (seats), probably 20-25% price increase but 6X the match day revenue.

Back