• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Our best player, if this was judged on who ran most I agree but he lacked a lot of footballing ability; his enthusiasm and determination masked a lot of detriments to his game! Really, he was a good little terrier at best and gave his all but you are forgetting the importance of Modric, Bale and VDV.

He was officially player of the season.

Being voted Player of the Season, just like getting picked for England, is not proof of any particular level of footballing ability. It's more about his overall contribution to the team and club that season.

So are some posters...
Burn!

In all seriousness, Parker was never good enough for us when he arrived. He ran around a bit and stuck his foot in, but he basically had modric dovetailing him all the time due to lack of positional discipline and really slowed down or play. Nowadays he can't tackle or run at all and ergo is useless.

I am pleased he is gone.

He had about 4 or 5 good games for us and then faded. He stopped better players from playing.

He never did much wrong but he never did much right, either.

Will be remembered as the worst substitution in Spurs' history for the Villa game.

Good luck to Parker.

Thanks for the large contribution you made to us cementing 5th for the last few years.
No world beater, but a very effective part of the team.

He was officially player of the season.

Being voted Player of the Season, just like getting picked for England, is not proof of any particular level of footballing ability. It's more about his overall contribution to the team and club that season.

West Ham that year finished bang last. Bale won PFA player of the year, whilst Parker didn't even get in team of the year.

The Writers award that year I am sure was a big fat protest vote of some sort. Should be named smug ****s player award.

That down to the ambiguity of it.. a lot of people think Aguero not as a young player, compared to an English player that had just broken the England side.

I imagine the players that vote for that award are generally informed about the age of the players they vote for.

I imagine the players that vote for that award are generally informed about the age of the players they vote for.

I'd hazard a guess they get a bit of paper and they put a name in a box. Remember they choose from every player not just the short listed names.

Or they get asked by there agent and the agent fills out the form. *search google SWP banned

Last edited:
I'd hazard a guess they get a bit of paper and they put a name in a box. Remember they choose from every player not just the short listed names.

Or they get asked by there agent and the agent fills out the form. *search google SWP banned

You're saying that the players that vote for the PFA young player of the year award wouldn't know what players are eligible for that award even when one speaking of one of the favourites to win it.

I find that hard to believe, but I have no idea how to argue against it so let's just agree to disagree.

You're saying that the players that vote for the PFA young player of the year award wouldn't know what players are eligible for that award even when one speaking of one of the favourites to win it.

I find that hard to believe, but I have no idea how to argue against it so let's just agree to disagree.

They probably get a list of names for each category, but I don't think they read that list in the slightest. I also think a lot of it is team driven. I swear they all choose a designated player on there own team and the other 72 clubs will end up deciding it. Most would have already chosen, or the media have already sowed the seed..i.e England call cup.

They probably get a list of names for each category, but I don't think they read that list in the slightest. I also think a lot of it is team driven. I swear they all choose a designated player on there own team and the other 72 clubs will end up deciding it. Most would have already chosen, or the media have already sowed the seed..i.e England call cup.

I don't disagree with that...

Actually for that particular season it is and the comparison you have given doesn't make sense imo.

sorted out our DM concerns brilliantly when we brought him in, now due to age and massive upgrades in midfield he will not get much first team action

Thanks Parker :)

I am pleased he is gone.

He had about 4 or 5 good games for us and then faded. He stopped better players from playing.

He never did much wrong but he never did much right, either.

Will be remembered as the worst substitution in Spurs' history for the Villa game.

Yet we were in shouting chance for a top 2 finish until he got his injury, after which we plummeted like a lead shot.

But of course this is pure coincidence.

Back