• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Munn

Notice period is a contractual matter. I don't think City have any discretion over it.
They can choose to reduce it with the consent of all parties.

I have changed contracts several times and most of the time I will get written confirmation to reduce my notice period, sometimes this confirmation can get declined or delayed.

They can choose to reduce it with the consent of all parties.

I have changed contracts several times and most of the time I will get written confirmation to reduce my notice period, sometimes this confirmation can get declined or delayed.

Yes. But I can't see why that would ever have been on the table in this situation. Also football contracts generally all run to 30/6

Yes. But I can't see why that would ever have been on the table in this situation. Also football contracts generally all run to 30/6
His might not be a football contract, just a normal employment contract in which case his contract could have another 3 months (arbitrary figure pulled from my arse) to run including notice period

His might not be a football contract, just a normal employment contract in which case his contract could have another 3 months (arbitrary figure pulled from my arse) to run including notice period
Which someone forgot/overlooked / forgot / misunderstood which is silly at this level of employment.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

As unlikely as trying to loan out too many players and having to terminate someone's contract?

Thats just numbers and circumstances of what the manager wanted at the time, I would not conflate it with something that would have been through half a dozen of legal hands before being agreed to acquire someone at the c suite level. I mean you can do that but its really not the same

The club announcement just said he would join "in the summer".
Regardless of contractual notice period, at that level it's more likely to be a negotiated exit. e.g. there may be some kind of non-compete clause for a period of time if he exits early - hence the talk around 'gardening' leave; there may be pay/bonuses he believes he is due etc. which he is still resolving (just examples, there are likely other reasons as well, obviously I don't know).

It's no doubt an inconvenience for all, but nothing to indicate it's going to turn into anything else, at this stage.

Regardless of contractual notice period, at that level it's more likely to be a negotiated exit. e.g. there may be some kind of non-compete clause for a period of time if he exits early - hence the talk around 'gardening' leave; there may be pay/bonuses he believes he is due etc. which he is still resolving (just examples, there are likely other reasons as well, obviously I don't know).

It's no doubt an inconvenience for all, but nothing to indicate it's going to turn into anything else, at this stage.

Yeh and like anything things are never as they seem, he has clearly been doing bits for us already as was Ange before his official arrival date. I imagine anything holding it up "officially" is like you say in the detail

Though its a minor inconvenience it might translate into lost points in the early part of the season where players have not had the time to adapt to a new climate, culture, league and playing with the team.

I think sometimes teams pay a premium to get a transfer done early to have enough time for integration which increases the players chance of success in the team.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Though its a minor inconvenience it might translate into lost points in the early part of the season where players have not had the time to adapt to a new climate, culture, league and playing with the team.

I think sometimes teams pay a premium to get a transfer done early to have enough time for integration which increases the players chance of success in the team.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

I think that risk, if it is a risk, would be more to do with not having a DoF in situ rather than Munn not having officially started with us yet. And even without a DoF we have already signed 3 players, and finalised the Kulu purchase. We do have Paratici doing some permitted work for us, so we are not totally rudderless. Get a new CB over the line before too long and most people will be happy and won't care whether Munn is here or not.

I think that risk, if it is a risk, would be more to do with not having a DoF in situ rather than Munn not having officially started with us yet. And even without a DoF we have already signed 3 players, and finalised the Kulu purchase. We do have Paratici doing some permitted work for us, so we are not totally rudderless. Get a new CB over the line before too long and most people will be happy and won't care whether Munn is here or not.

Spot on

Can’t be a coincidence that the deals we did wrap up probably involved the back end of Paratici’s work and since then nothing.

Do we know who, if anyone, is assisting Levy? He’s absolutely got his hands full with the Kane stuff I’m sure - so who else (experienced and skilled) is involved in transfers at this crucial stage?

Without wanting to sound extreme - it’s p!ss poor that our ‘new’ Chief Football Officer (and any DOF he might have brought in) are both likely to miss the window (or a large part of it).

It's hardly beyond a joke, I think some of you would be in for a reality check if you was in charge of a football club without a bottomless pit of money.

We have clearly identified our main targets, and I'd rather get them in for a 'fairer' fee and having to wait a little longer than end up going elsewhere for targets we are less keen on. We will end up getting the CB(s) we want and that's the most important bit, missing a game or two is hardly going to change things assuming these signings are going to be here for years to come.

By the way City have wanted Gvardiol for absolutely ages, remind me how quickly they got him in....

It's hardly beyond a joke, I think some of you would be in for a reality check if you was in charge of a football club without a bottomless pit of money.

We have clearly identified our main targets, and I'd rather get them in for a 'fairer' fee and having to wait a little longer than end up going elsewhere for targets we are less keen on. We will end up getting the CB(s) we want and that's the most important bit, missing a game or two is hardly going to change things assuming these signings are going to be here for years to come.

By the way City have wanted Gvardiol for absolutely ages, remind me how quickly they got him in....
You mean the Emirates Marketing Project team that won the treble last year and already have Manuel Akanji, Nathan Ake, Ruben Dias, Aymeric Laporte and John Stones as options at centre back?

Missing a game or two may well change things. If we're serious about wanting to win things then we need to be ready for the start of the season.

You mean the Emirates Marketing Project team that won the treble last year and already have Manuel Akanji, Nathan Ake, Ruben Dias, Aymeric Laporte and John Stones as options at centre back?

Missing a game or two may well change things. If we're serious about wanting to win things then we need to be ready for the start of the season.
So you are expecting us to win something this season?

Back