• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Are you for real? I don't hate Sandro and cheer for him as loud as any other player when he pulls on the white jersey.

To me, however, I cannot see anything particularly special about Sandro - IMHO has a lot of "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome in him. He runs around making tackles but is as much a liability as an asset. He has also major difficulties in being a team player - Harry said this, Sherwood intimated something similar; he makes news for his ridiculous hair cuts and tweets instead of what he does on the pitch.

I don't expect you to agree but, if the Stambouli transfer is finalised, it would seem Poch shares my opinion...

I feel that way about a few Spurs players but I don't feel the need to go on what seems like a crusade against them and spend days ****ging them off. Just seems very strange to me, each to their own I guess, seems to be an increasing trait these days, but it's not my bag.

I feel that way about a few Spurs players but I don't feel the need to go on what seems like a crusade against them and spend days ****ging them off. Just seems very strange to me, each to their own I guess, seems to be an increasing trait these days, but it's not my bag.

Once again: are you for real?

You're not wrong. It is a bit odd, especially from someone stating he was going to let the past stay in the past.

A clean slate for some, but not players he doesn't like? Unsurprising.

I think Sandro has been the best tough-tackling defensive midfielder we have had since GHod knows when...

If this Stambouli guys has even half Sandro's tackling ability then i'll be happy to even entertain the idea of Sandro leaving this window....if not we will regret it big time imo

I think Sandro has been the best tough-tackling defensive midfielder we have had since GHod knows when...

If this Stambouli guys has even half Sandro's tackling ability then i'll be happy to even entertain the idea of Sandro leaving this window....if not we will regret it big time imo

Poch want us to defend as a unit though. There's no place for a out an out midfield tackler in the Bielsa tactics manual.

Poch want us to defend as a unit though. There's no place for a out an out midfield tackler in the Bielsa tactics manual.

I think in certain games there will be. It's good to defend as a unit but at some point somebody has to take the responsibility and put the tackle in

I think in certain games there will be. It's good to defend as a unit but at some point somebody has to take the responsibility and put the tackle in

Exactly. Sandro has the discipline and ability to defend as a unit but he also has fantastic tackling ability in his back pocket for the inevitable times when defending as a unit doesn't quite work. Will be gutted if he's sold, honestly think that pre injury he was one of the best defensive midfielders in the league, and we haven't really given him the chance to get back to that level

Do you think that Sandro would be happy to hang around for a handful of games a season? And even then I am not sure that a balls to the wall destroyer is more effective than a well drilled unit.

[video=youtube;lgKrYEZZIH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgKrYEZZIH0[/video]
[video=youtube;oiZRgi3wtyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZRgi3wtyQ[/video]
[video=youtube;gQ-1M0ACt8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-1M0ACt8M[/video]

i miss this guy

Do you think that Sandro would be happy to hang around for a handful of games a season? And even then I am not sure that a balls to the wall destroyer is more effective than a well drilled unit.

That's a big assumption on your part, isn't it? He has been injured for quite a while so he could get a decent amount of games if/when he gets back to full fitness.
A well-drilled unit is the ideal thing any side wants; however players are people and are not robots and there will be times when the system may collapse (for any number of reasons).

When the system collapses basic skillset and instinct comes to the fore and when our systems collapse (like they did last season) you need players to be able to do back-to-basic things to stop the team collapsing; basic things such as:

- looking up to pass to a teammate, who is hopefully in space
- your skilful dribblers doing their thing
- your 'natural' finishers to find those spaces to turn and shoot in the box
- your defensive players (at the back or in midfield) making tackles, putting in blocks etc (e.g. players like Sandro)

There are nowhere near enough natural tacklers in the squad to make a player like Sandro totally obsolete yet imo

I do wonder how many on here would be so adamant in their view that Sandro being sold is a good thing if not for Sherwood's effect on the team (which to me led Sandro to play much more to the 'British Bulldog' gallery), plus his eventual treatment of him...:-k

Thanks Tim :rio:

I do wonder how many on here would be so adamant in their view that Sandro being sold is a good thing if not for Sherwood's effect on the team (which to me led Sandro to play much more to the 'British Bulldog' gallery), plus his eventual treatment of him...:-k

Thanks Tim :rio:

Just when I thought there was nothing left to blame Sherwood for. Of course It's Sherwoods' fault, what isn't?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Remember when Sandro first came here, he played against Milan away with Palacious as his CM partner, they were both very good that day.
Those were the days.

Remember when Sandro first came here, he played against Milan away with Palacious as his CM partner, they were both very good that day.
Those were the days.

he was great in both legs

[video=youtube;KMVSTXnk1p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVSTXnk1p4[/video]

I think Pochettino has two problems with Sandro:

A) Sandro goes steaming into challenges and commits himself regularly. It's what makes him a fan-legend, but it can and does leave us exposed tactically on occasion.
B) Sandro isn't actually that great on the ball, having an average first-touch and limited passing ability and vision.

You can see in our transfer strategy this summer, that players in the squad who are limited on the ball, such as Dawson, Sandro appear to be on the 'sell' list in favour of players who are more intelligent and comfortable users of the ball.

One of the things I was thinking watching the vids of Stambouli was that there was no way Sandro would have looked as comfortable riding tackles in tight situations in the midfield, or of playing some of the quick forward through-balls that I saw in the vids.

Back