• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

I don't even know if that's what drama queen Mumorn was referring too tbh but that's the absolute latest news i've found.

KD calling someone else a drama queen :-k.

Back on topic though - I hope Sandro stays, such a great player when fit.

Had a good game today, nice to see him out there putting tackles in and breaking things up. Poch's style of pressing suits him, there's definitely a place for him in our squad.

Still looks a little short of match fitness though, which is hardly surprising.

Had a good game today, nice to see him out there putting tackles in and breaking things up. Poch's style of pressing suits him, there's definitely a place for him in our squad.

Agreed. He may not have the passing, but at closing down and nicking the ball, is there anyone better? Poch must see his value now.

I thought that he played his game ok tonight but I am not sure how it fits with how Poch wants us to play. Sliding in like that against better teams just leaves gaps and us a man down.

Agreed. He may not have the passing, but at closing down and nicking the ball, is there anyone better? Poch must see his value now.

If he does not have the passing, it is unlikely that Poch will see his value. Still likely to leave, especially if the Song link materialises.

I thought that he played his game ok tonight but I am not sure how it fits with how Poch wants us to play. Sliding in like that against better teams just leaves gaps and us a man down.

The whole high pressing game leaves gaps, the idea is to win the ball off the opposition before they can take advantage of those gaps. If you can do that sliding in, as Sandro can, then by all means go ahead.

I think he's likely to stay. Should make the bench for the Liverpool game IMO.

More on Spursalot wave length here. He can pass ok. Played a few longer forward passes. He can improve his passing game (only 25). But what he brings is a vital part of Poch's playing philosophy. Pressing the opposition and winning the ball back. If we could merge Bentaleb with Sandro they'd be ideal. Bentaleb does not offer the protection and pressure Sandro does, and Sandro can just play the simple pass if he needs to to someone like Bentaleb.

I can't believe Poch does not see that he could be a massive asset in a long season. To be able to bring on Sandro or play him in cups. He just shores up the side making it that much harder for the opposition to play in our midfield.

The whole high pressing game leaves gaps, the idea is to win the ball off the opposition before they can take advantage of those gaps. If you can do that sliding in, as Sandro can, then by all means go ahead.

I think he's likely to stay. Should make the bench for the Liverpool game IMO.

It doesn't though. The idea is to press as a unit, stay on your feet, win possession by putting the opposition under pressure and then recycle fast. That is not Sandro's game.

More on Spursalot wave length here. He can pass ok. Played a few longer forward passes. He can improve his passing game (only 25). But what he brings is a vital part of Poch's playing philosophy. Pressing the opposition and winning the ball back. If we could merge Bentaleb with Sandro they'd be ideal. Bentaleb does not offer the protection and pressure Sandro does, and Sandro can just play the simple pass if he needs to to someone like Bentaleb.

I can't believe Poch does not see that he could be a massive asset in a long season. To be able to bring on Sandro or play him in cups. He just shores up the side making it that much harder for the opposition to play in our midfield.

Thirded - if anyone suits aggressively winning the ball back it's Sandro. And I don't think his passing is worse than Paulinho or significantly worse than Dembele.

Thirded - if anyone suits aggressively winning the ball back it's Sandro. And I don't think his passing is worse than Paulinho or significantly worse than Dembele.

Maybe I am misunderstanding how Poch wants his team to play but I thought that the pressing happens further up the pitch in the final third where mistakes can lead to creating chances. In the two at the base of midfield, I think that he is looking for players who can read the game, are comfortable on the ball and can turn defence into attack quickly. This is where Sandro does not fit.

I also think he prefer his players to press in the final 3rd where you have cover if you over commit. With a deep CM pressing hard and sliding in it is always dangerous and don't believe the system works and I don't believe this is what Poch wants after seeing the Qpr game. His system needs the 2 CMs to close space down without leaving the defense open to penetration. The Holtbys and Sandros of this world who go haring off after the ball and player aren't suited to this.

I also think he prefer his players to press in the final 3rd where you have cover if you over commit. With a deep CM pressing hard and sliding in it is always dangerous and don't believe the system works and I don't believe this is what Poch wants after seeing the Qpr game. His system needs the 2 CMs to close space down without leaving the defense open to penetration. The Holtbys and Sandros of this world who go haring off after the ball and player aren't suited to this.

That's my reading of it too

Maybe I am misunderstanding how Poch wants his team to play but I thought that the pressing happens further up the pitch in the final third where mistakes can lead to creating chances. In the two at the base of midfield, I think that he is looking for players who can read the game, are comfortable on the ball and can turn defence into attack quickly. This is where Sandro does not fit.

Agree with this. That would be one hell of a surprise in tactics one day if Poch decided to play Sandro in one of the front 4 positions to press teams into errors. Obviously it's crazy, but imagine the look on someone like Mourinho's face when Sandro destroys Terry and Cahill and presses them into submission

But you are simply not going to win the ball further up the pitch all the time and Sandro gives the back 4 protection. Imagine playing Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea without Capoue or Sandro with this present team. We would simply be bullied and out muscled. Also, SaSandro's talentsndro does not slid in all the time. The season before last before his injuries he was massive us. I do not believe a coach as good as Poch cannot use Sandro's talents

Back