• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

What if no decent clubs or decent managers are interested in him though?

Napoli were supposedly interested.

I'd rather we keep him anyway, if no decent clubs are in for him then that's brilliant in my mind. He can definitely do a job for us.

On top for, confidence flowing Sandro is rare. You have a guy who will do his all for the club, someone who covers the ground to win the ball back, plays with his heart on his sleeve and more than capable to let possession and play it to a player with better passing ability. The videos above which are largely when he was on form show this.

The guy is lacking match practice and confidence.

I think Pochettino has two problems with Sandro:

A) Sandro goes steaming into challenges and commits himself regularly. It's what makes him a fan-legend, but it can and does leave us exposed tactically on occasion.
B) Sandro isn't actually that great on the ball, having an average first-touch and limited passing ability and vision.

You can see in our transfer strategy this summer, that players in the squad who are limited on the ball, such as Dawson, Sandro appear to be on the 'sell' list in favour of players who are more intelligent and comfortable users of the ball.

One of the things I was thinking watching the vids of Stambouli was that there was no way Sandro would have looked as comfortable riding tackles in tight situations in the midfield, or of playing some of the quick forward through-balls that I saw in the vids.

Agree with the Sandro part. It's something that would fit AVB's system more than Poch's.

I think Pochettino has two problems with Sandro:

A) Sandro goes steaming into challenges and commits himself regularly. It's what makes him a fan-legend, but it can and does leave us exposed tactically on occasion.
B) Sandro isn't actually that great on the ball, having an average first-touch and limited passing ability and vision.

You can see in our transfer strategy this summer, that players in the squad who are limited on the ball, such as Dawson, Sandro appear to be on the 'sell' list in favour of players who are more intelligent and comfortable users of the ball.

One of the things I was thinking watching the vids of Stambouli was that there was no way Sandro would have looked as comfortable riding tackles in tight situations in the midfield, or of playing some of the quick forward through-balls that I saw in the vids.

Although I have argued that if Poch thinks Sandro isn't right for his system then selling him is fine, I'm not actually convinced at this point that Sandro isn't right for Poch's system.

A) Surely this can be worked on? Schneiderlin talked about how Poch spent a lot of time on their movement patterns and pressing. Sandro seems very dedicated and I think he could learn a lot and adapt if asked to.

B) Agreed on the description of Sandro. However is he any more limited than Wanyama at Southampton? A player signed by/under Poch and a player that from what I saw wasn't great on the ball either. I'm not entirely sure Poch must have very good ball players in every position to make his system work. We've also upgraded on the ball playing ability in our back 4, quite clearly with Dier and Davies - and by all reports also with Fazio. Could this compensate for Sandro?

Finally in some ways Sandro is a very good fit. For example the way he defends one on one. He's just brilliant at it, and when/if we press high that kind of ability is very important in deep/defensive midfielders and defenders. He's also quite tall and strong, not unlike Schneiderlin, Cork and Wanyama - Poch's preffered options at Southampon. Again, if we press high up the pitch having deep players that will win a lot of headers and close duels when the opponents are closed to hit it long is clearly valuable.

Poch has seemingly shown patience in pre-season with quite a few players that have had fitness issues. Several of the World Cup players are barely back now, Vorm reportedly got his own training regime and has been kept out of match day squads. Sandro has spent a lot of time injured and out of form/short on match fitness. Could be that he's just being given time to get a proper pre-season (fitness training) and regain full fitness before being included regularly. If so it might be a magnificent decision.

Just speculating here of course, but I just think that it's a bit early for conclusions.

So we're using two minute youtube videos of a pretty much unheard of player round these parts as a reason to sell Sandro....

\o/

So we're using two minute youtube videos of a pretty much unheard of player round these parts as a reason to sell Sandro....

\o/

It's not a video of some random player though is it? It's a video of a player who we are buying and who plays the same position as Sandro. We have a huge squad already and so that would be the logical reason to sell him. Otherwise, why would we buy this player?

People will look at youtube vids of the player due to be signed and speculate what their strengths are, but it's not like glory glory is scouring youtube and levy is buying players based on our analysis of the videos is it?

It's not a video of some random player though is it? It's a video of a player who we are buying and who plays the same position as Sandro. We have a huge squad already and so that would be the logical reason to sell him. Otherwise, why would we buy this player?

People will look at youtube vids of the player due to be signed and speculate what their strengths are, but it's not like glory glory is scouring youtube and levy is buying players based on our analysis of the videos is it?

Would make for a very interesting watch if it was!

There may be reasons to sell Sandro, and reasons not to, but taking 5 or 6 clips of a new signing in a different league and comparing them to a...**** it. Can't be arsed to attempt to explain! People can take what they want from youtube clips, it's not my place to say I guess.

It's just constant bull****. I was there for one of his early games for us in the PL, against Bolton Wanderers. He lost possession in midfield, caught on the ball, and Bolton scored a goal that was clearly offside. After that, an utter capitulation of a performance (bar Pav's wondergoal). The resulting clip of Sandro is the one showed on MOTD so from then on in it's embedded in the brains of those who haven't watched but still want to have an opinion. A few pirouettes and turns on a youtube clip and suddenly we've found the solution to all our midfield problems, out with the old, in with the new, the evidence is on youtube, it's there for everyone to see.

We're gonna end up flogging in for about 5 million/undisclosed fee I think. He's declined drastically in value, just not the same player any more since his injury. It is not a form thing, it's something deeper than that, and other clubs can see it. There'd have been clubs queuing up to pay £20 million a couple of years ago. It just seems to be Napoli and QPR half interested now.

We're gonna end up flogging in for about 5 million/undisclosed fee I think. He's declined drastically in value, just not the same player any more since his injury. It is not a form thing, it's something deeper than that, and other clubs can see it. There'd have been clubs queuing up to pay £20 million a couple of years ago. It just seems to be Napoli and QPR half interested now.

Just out of curiousity, how do you know Napoli and QPR are only half interested? For all we know they might be locked in serious negotiations with Mr. L as we speak.

He's very gangly. Struggles when you have nippy players like Sterling. Sterling caused us so many problems it was unreal. Even when he was defending. He won everything. I find that disappointing as good as Sterling is. They were defeated in the mind before we played him.

I always remember Corluka's masterclass v Ashley Young after being destroyed by him previously. He came on for Zokora and just tackled him as soon as he touched the ball. Didn't give him a second.

We missed him today. A midfield of dembele and Sandro would have been far more solid.

Perhaps a midfield we should return to if we can get the front four performing on the same wavelength.

Season ticket holder here..

Watching today's game.. I'm still astonished that Sandro cant get in the team. We dont have a leader and that's still a deep lying problem that needs to get solved quickly otherwise we will never move forward even with Poch's new philosophy. It's been an issue for some years now.

When our heads went down after the penalty there was nobody to lift the team and we just regressed very much like the heavy defeats against City, Liverpool and Chelsea last season. Sandro isnt vocal but what he does give is leadership with his fight and this young developing team need help.

I'd love to know why he's not in the side? Has he really regressed since his knee injury last season? I'd love to see training to see if there is an issue. Maybe Argies dont like Brazilians?!!

I see on Sky Sports News just now that Harry has confirmed an approach for Sandro. PLEASE dont go Sandro we need you!

Also, on today's performance Capaoue and Bentaleb did ok but they arent good enough. We need to get Morgan Schneiderlin in tomorrow at all costs, he's top draw and can give us presence and passing ability in midfiled that we currently lack. £10 mill for Townsend + £15 mil cash should do it, prove you got some balls Levy!

Id be happy if he went on loan to QPR - keep him playing Prem football, let him get fit, come back next year stronger.

Back