• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Oh and if it carries on like this and someone comes in in Jan with a big bid...

Sh*t, I don't even want to think about it. :frown:

Me neither. I think I'd be seriously sulking for a player's departure, the first time since Berbatov left.

Sadly, unless AVB bucks up his ideas, I can see it happening. :(

Sandro has been coming back from a long lay off so I think that is the primary reason for his slow reintroduction.

[video=youtube;aN56YYgrjxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aN56YYgrjxM[/video]

I have looked elsewhere but have not seen this posted but sorry if it has been and i have missed it.

This is one looong season, World Cup year. Keep him in cotton wool, let him go a few times as sub, then let him run wild after the New Year.

Your post almost suggests that we should be resting to make sure he stays fit for the World Cup.

I'm sure that's not what you mean, but why else would we save him for the New Year?

Looked sharp. I'm hoping that he's the surprise package this year. The 'surprise' in as much as no one is expecting too much but hopefully he will have moments to shine.

agreed. it's a squad game, i hope we use our immense depth to devestating affect.

I loved Vertonghen looking gutted with losing the training game.

Considering what happened against West Ham, from now on losing a damn tackle should be agonizing for him and the rest of the squad. No more being dopey please, lads. Show us your mean side.

What a player. What a performance.

He just doesnt lose the ball and when he does he makes it a mission to win it back. A real special footballer.

What a player. What a performance.

He just doesnt lose the ball and when he does he makes it a mission to win it back. A real special footballer.

Yeah, immense today. Very important in dealing with Benteke after he came on and of course really good throughout before that.

To me a slight concern that we struggle to get our passing tempo up with a combination of Sandro and either Dembele or Paulinho. I really think Capoue is significantly better in this regard, but as a ball winner Sandro is second to none. And against a counter attacking Villa side like today he was very important.

I still think Capoues passing is overrated. He was playing it safe his first few games, most players do that at new clubs, play it simple, do the safe an easy ball. Palacios was the same in that regard, he got a bit comfortable, realised he was being loved and tried over elaborate passes when more simple ones were on, we all remember Palacios as a good ball winner but terrible passer. Capoue will never be a bad passer in that respect but the performance against Arsenal sort of proved that to me, he tried too many passes that weren't on or weren't needed at the time.

Delighted that the Beast is back. I know that I've whinged a lot in match threads, for games in which Sandro was not selected, but I think he showed today just how important he is to the team.

AVB said that he is the best ball winner in the league. Want to see some pictures of my cat?

Should never be dropped now.

Back