• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

The way Dembele can beat his man, without using pace, is a rare ability in top level football and shouldn't be dismissed lightly, as it opens up space for team mates. But I agree that once he's beaten someone he either tries to beat several more or slows to a stop devoid of ideas.

He really needs to be coached to release the ball as soon as he's passed his opponent and players in front of him should be coached to utilise the space he creates. Too often our front players are just standing still watching proceedings.

The way Dembele can beat his man, without using pace, is a rare ability in top level football and shouldn't be dismissed lightly, as it opens up space for team mates. But I agree that once he's beaten someone he either tries to beat several more or slows to a stop devoid of ideas.

He really needs to be coached to release the ball as soon as he's passed his opponent and players in front of him should be coached to utilise the space he creates. Too often our front players are just standing still watching proceedings.

It's so frustrating that he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do next. You could be right that some of the problem is the movement of team mates but he offers little else otherwise. Teams will quickly just let him go, knowing that he won't produce anything. I'd prefer Paulinho as box to box midfielder as I like his passing skills and he chips in with goals. If Sandro was there, I feel as if this would free up Paulinho to better express himself through attacking play.

Sandro and Dembele were very good together

Sandro and Pauli are Brazilian partners

The only time this equation changes is when he have Mr Capoue!

I've said it for the last few weeks that Dembele and Pauli do not work together.(IMO)

1385891_676471502377981_93442150_n.jpg

Sandro always does something unusual in his photos.:lol:

This is his main failing for me, but I think it is something that can be rectified by AVB. He must see it as we all do. If you break past an opponent it should draw another of the opposing team thus opening up some space, as you say. He's gotta release the ball then and make use of the space or it is all in vain.

In saying that he's been playing better in the deeper position and has not been playing bad per se. He just could so much more effective with this one change to his game.

This is his main failing for me, but I think it is something that can be rectified by AVB. He must see it as we all do. If you break past an opponent it should draw another of the opposing team thus opening up some space, as you say. He's gotta release the ball then and make use of the space or it is all in vain.

In saying that he's been playing better in the deeper position and has not been playing bad per se. He just could so much more effective with this one change to his game.

Someone said this recently, I think it was Andy Townsend talking about Andros Townsend; as soon as you beat one man you have done your job because it makes everyone else come across and shift into different areas, so you need to release the ball asap so that others can make use of that "shift in space" and score. You don't need to do much more than beat one man in the right area and give it to a team mate; then they collapse like a pack of cards

Someone said this recently, I think it was Andy Townsend talking about Andros Townsend; as soon as you beat one man you have done your job because it makes everyone else come across and shift into different areas, so you need to release the ball asap so that others can make use of that "shift in space" and score. You don't need to do much more than beat one man in the right area and give it to a team mate; then they collapse like a pack of cards

****....Andy Townsend? I retract my comments entirely.
;)

I think we would be better off with Sandro/ Capoue and either Dembele or Paulie for the stronger teams, where we need the protection of twin DMs.

For the weaker teams, especially at home against teams parking the bus, Sandro or Capoue should be paired with more creative and progressive partners ie Holtby, Eriksen, Sigg, Lamela or Paulie playing in a more advanced role. We need creativity to unlock these teams.

Said it before

Home team

Lloris

Walker
Dawson (Kaboul if fit)
Verts
Rose

Sandro
Holtby

Townsend
Eriksen
Sig

Soldado

Away team

Lloris

Walker
Dawson (Same as above)
Verts
Rose

Paulinho
Sandro

Townsend / Lennon
Eriksen
Sig

Soldado

Sandro's the first name on the teamsheet for me. Other than resting him against dross I can't think of a single reason not to play him.

Said it before

Home team

Lloris

Walker
Dawson (Kaboul if fit)
Verts
Rose

Sandro
Holtby

Townsend
Eriksen
Sig

Soldado

Away team

Lloris

Walker
Dawson (Same as above)
Verts
Rose

Paulinho
Sandro

Townsend / Lennon
Eriksen
Sig

Soldado

Does that mean you see no future for Lamela at Spurs?

At the moment, we haven the following players who are not match fit:

Defenders: Rose and Kaboul

Midfielders: Capoue, and possibly Dembele ( injured while with Belgium )

Forwards: Lennon, Ade, Lamela and Chadli

Plenty of opportunities for all in a big squad during the course of a season.

Sandro's the first name on the teamsheet for me. Other than resting him against dross I can't think of a single reason not to play him.

Agree 100%

Sandro alongside Paulinho with others in front still has lots of creativity. Sandro is more than just a destroyer.

If Dembele (obviously an AVB favourite) is injured and Sandro doesn't start it's just plain wrong and we know there is a problem there between manager and player.

Oh and if it carries on like this and someone comes in in Jan with a big bid...

Sh*t, I don't even want to think about it. :frown:

Back