• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Actually, back track :lol: I would start Lamela ahead of Townsend :lol:

But Dembele and Paulinho looked good against Norwich, Dembeles best game in a while from deep. Lets see how we do against Cardiff with them two (if thats the starting two)

It is highly unlikely we will have 69% possession against Chelsea, remember that. It was Demeble's best game becvause he was allowed a lot of time on the ball and did not have to do any backs to the wall defending. Methinks Hazard and co will be an entirely different proposition

It is highly unlikely we will have 69% possession against Chelsea, remember that. It was Demeble's best game becvause he was allowed a lot of time on the ball and did not have to do any backs to the wall defending. Methinks Hazard and co will be an entirely different proposition

it was Dembeles best game because he played deep, simple as that.

Fair enough. Don't think Dembele done much to be dropped though.

Why so negative? It is a squad game and some people can do certain jobs better than others? Do you really think Dembele would thrive as the tough tackling defensive midfielder against Chelsea?

Firstly, why use the word "drop"? I would simply "rotate" Sandro in and Demebele out.

Secondly, if you insist we use the "drop" then it would stil be Dembele :)

exactly - we have a strong squad, we should use that to our advantage. personally i think we'd need a dedicated DM against Chelsea, so we bring in Sandro (assuming he's fit) then it's a choice between Paulhinio and Demebele as to who plays alongside him - or maybe we go with both and and drop out one of the players from the front 4.

Why so negative? It is a squad game and some people can do certain jobs better than others? Do you really think Dembele would thrive as the tough tackling defensive midfielder against Chelsea?

you think we need a defensive midfielder at home to Chelsea? Dembele and Paulinho are two very hardworking midfielders who do their fair share of defensive duties.

you think we need a defensive midfielder at home to Chelsea? Dembele and Paulinho are two very hardworking midfielders who do their fair share of defensive duties.

Sandro excels at something that no other fit midfielder does.

By the way would you have been complaining if Dembele had been rotated out after any of the first 3 league games when he really failed to impress?

Sandro excels at something that no other fit midfielder does.

By the way would you have been complaining if Dembele had been rotated out after any of the first 3 league games when he really failed to impress?

No I wouldnt have been, Dembele had been poor playing in a more advanced role, because he isn't suited to it. He's much better deeper and we saw that against Norwich. But he looked good in central midfield alongside Paulinho and I hope we see that line up against Cardiff but with Lamela insetad of Townsend and hopfully they all shine again. I wouldnt change for Chelsea, unless injury.

Actually, back track :lol: I would start Lamela ahead of Townsend :lol:

But Dembele and Paulinho looked good against Norwich, Dembeles best game in a while from deep. Lets see how we do against Cardiff with them two (if thats the starting two)

That's obviously an extreme example, but I disagree even for much less extreme situations.

Norwich and Chelsea will pose completely different problems, the games are likely to be very different.

AVB should (and will imo) put out the team that has the highest chance of picking up the most points in any given game. There's obviously a chance that that team is the same for the Norwich and Chelsea matches, but it seems to me quite likely that some change in formation or line-up would be better. And most certainly that option should be kept open ahead of a rule of thumb like "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

exactly - we have a strong squad, we should use that to our advantage. personally i think we'd need a dedicated DM against Chelsea, so we bring in Sandro (assuming he's fit) then it's a choice between Paulhinio and Demebele as to who plays alongside him - or maybe we go with both and and drop out one of the players from the front 4.

Agreed. Sandro is the best ball winner in the league imo.

Going for a strong central trio containing the best ball winner in the league against a team that's likely to contain 3 out of Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Willian etc seems like a very good idea to me.

sandro-golffinalversc2npaj.gif

Against Cheat$ki I doubt either Sandro or Dembele will last 90 minutes

They will get booked and/or be hobbling at some point, so they can both get decent game-time

Beastly performance last night. Was everywhere.

Should be very good for his fitness, hopefully he gets to start against the big teams and can keep the form up.

[video=youtube;csDxgsqe0fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=csDxgsqe0fE[/video]

Back