• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...remier-League-2012-2013-Tottenham-Aston-Villa

I really like this site, as it gives you a slight idea of a players performance based on staticstics. But take it with a pinch of salt as I bet Jenas accurate sideway passes would give him a good rating ;)

Although obviously the end of a game is always very different to the beginning, I think it's interesting that Adebayor had a touch for every 40 seconds on the pitch while for Defoe this figure is about 190 seconds. For all that Defoe has done for us recently, this indicates just what Ade can give us in terms of build-up play. Plus he chips in plenty of goals, he is still the far superior player imo.

Sandro's most impressive stats are the interceptions, number of passes and pass completion. He positioned himself well, won the ball and distributed it effectively, didn't get his teammates into trouble too much when he did complete his passes either which is the main thing. I think he's going to take time to become a consistent rock in the midfield, but in a couple of years when Bale has told Modric to fudge right off ( [-o< ) and Sandro has also stayed, he will be immense. A note on Dembélé as well, I have to admit my reservations about his defensive ability were completely off the mark, he presses like an absolute beast and his 7 tackles against Villa are a brilliant example of that.

sandro1.gif

The man crush deepens...!

And the fact that he pretty much just jumped straight up afterwards...no words, just a legend! Absolute legend! =D>

sandro1.gif

The man crush deepens...!

And the fact that he pretty much just jumped straight up afterwards...no words, just a legend! Absolute legend! =D>

can see he lowers his head to meet the ball; funny thing is that he braces for impact and then lets the shock just go through his body. i mean.... WHAT SKILL!

and I'm certain gallas would have ducked that.

Another top performance from him today in a game full of negatives. First name on the team sheet for me. CLASS.

Sandro and Dembele is as good as any midfield pair in the country.

On a par with Toure/Silva and Mikel/Mata but better than Carrick and Cleverley.

Get those boys back in the team together and we will start winning games again.

Comparing Sandro and Dembele to Yaya and Silva is an odd one to me but I'd say they do have a good partnership and am looking forward to having both of them back asap.

if we can add a more creative player to Sandro & Dembele, of a similar level of quality, then we really will be looking at a fantastic front six (along with Adebayor, Lennon and Bale)

if we can add a more creative player to Sandro & Dembele, of a similar level of quality, then we really will be looking at a fantastic front six (along with Adebayor, Lennon and Bale)

Agree. Add a player akin to Silva, Mata, etc to the mix and we have the connection to the attack that is missing a lot of the time. For whatever reason Dempsey is not playing up to his ability and his confidence looks shot to hell. I can't see him turning it around either so this is the position we most need to strengthen in my opinion. Players of the required quality in this position are rare though and those that might come to a club without CL footie even more rare.

I wonder could we use our 'special relationship' with Madrid to get Kaka on loan for half a season.

i think the obvious answer would be Moutinho - whether that ship has sailed i don't know

Does Moutinho not play as a deep lying play maker? So Dembele would push into the hole.

not entirely sure to be honest, more Modric than VdV though for sure. him alongside Dembele and Sandro should cover all the bases in terms of what you want from a central midfield - under HR it was a central two with VdV behind the striker, whereas i believe AVB prefers more of a central three.

_____Sandro
Moutinho Dembele

replacing:

Parker Modric
____VdV

arguably less goals without VdV but not a bad turnaround at all if we can get ourselves looking like that for the start of next season

Last edited:

not entirely sure to be honest, more Modric than VdV though for sure. him alongside Dembele and Sandro should cover all the bases in terms of what you want from a midfield 3 - under HR it was a central two with VdV behind the striker, whereas i believe AVB prefers more of a central three.

_____Sandro
Moutinho Dembele

replacing:

Parker Modric
____VdV

I like that. It would free Bale of his defensive duties somewhat too, though he seems to have done that himself anyway.

I try and stay away from the whole formation discussion if I can but we might line out more like Chelsea as a 433 I guess.

yeah 433 is what i reckon we are moving towards - think we might see Lennon eventually replaced or at least some very strong competition brought in for him as we will need more goals from the the wings than previously - Bale has shown some potential in that area whereas Lennon, as good as he is - it doesn't ever seem like goals will be a big part of hims game, unfortunately

Isn't there something about dogs being a reflection of their owner's personality or that they often look alike?

A8OPCB0CAAAwby-.jpg

Back