• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S4

If you prefer the Lumia for a camera then why not just get one of them. They are unveiling a new preview camera phone week which should be even better than the 920.

The only reason I didn't stay with the Lumia was the OS feeling very unstable. Lots of freezes and updates. Other than that I would have stayed with the Lumia as IMO it had by far the best build quality out of all the phones. And Scara that WAS a lump of a phone

Really never had even one freeze on mine and OS seems buttery smooth to me. That's the general feedback on most reviews as well, bit odd yours wasn't working properly.

I'm getting done a very special deal for the SGS4, which is being approved by the supervisor at EE on Tuesday.

£32.40 a month, no fee to cancel my contract which has 5 months left, free phone and 750 MB, 500 minutes and unlimited texts.

My gripe is if I'm with Orange then I can't get 4G until I upgrade again, so I'll try and renegotiate that one. However, it's a huge improvement of what they're offering to most customers - I'd have had to pay a £185 one-off fee to cancel my contract and get the handset, however they've taken off some minutes and data, but my data should be compensated for by 'loyalty data' which they give me about 2 GB of already. Minutes aren't a problem as I'm not much of a caller.

Is nobody else bothered by the size of the thing?

There is no way to put that in the pocket of any well-fitting suit without ruining the shape (or jeans for that matter).

The phone looks tempting, but I just don't see a sensible way of transporting it without just carrying it and looking like an arse.

I have a S3 and it fits snugly into the inside pocket of my suit, or into my jean pocket. If the S4 is going to be smaller, then you should be able to hide it away without noticing it?

I have a S3 and it fits snugly into the inside pocket of my suit, or into my jean pocket. If the S4 is going to be smaller, then you should be able to hide it away without noticing it?

It is smaller. I walked in to the Carphone Warehouse to look at it, and I expected to see some huge, grand phone, but when I saw it it was just some modest S3-lookalike that is definitely a bit smaller.

I'm getting done a very special deal for the SGS4, which is being approved by the supervisor at EE on Tuesday.

£32.40 a month, no fee to cancel my contract which has 5 months left, free phone and 750 MB, 500 minutes and unlimited texts.

My gripe is if I'm with Orange then I can't get 4G until I upgrade again, so I'll try and renegotiate that one. However, it's a huge improvement of what they're offering to most customers - I'd have had to pay a £185 one-off fee to cancel my contract and get the handset, however they've taken off some minutes and data, but my data should be compensated for by 'loyalty data' which they give me about 2 GB of already. Minutes aren't a problem as I'm not much of a caller.
Is your McDonalds job going to pay for it?! Joke!
Value for money the nexus 4 is an incredible phone.

I went into EE today - Im loving the HTC - it feels so so good - like a vagina.

Samsung just feels like a plastic vagina.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I went into EE today - Im loving the HTC - it feels so so good - like a vagina.

Samsung just feels like a plastic vagina.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That 'plastic' is polycarbonate, which is meant to be much stronger and durable.

I too went to an EE store today to have a look at what's going to be my baby this week. Did you just look at one of those models, or did you use the actual phone? The difference feel-wise is huge.

That 'plastic' is polycarbonate, which is meant to be much stronger and durable.

I too went to an EE store today to have a look at what's going to be my baby this week. Did you just look at one of those models, or did you use the actual phone? The difference feel-wise is huge.

To be honest they didnt have the actual phone but the model i.e. the screen was those fake pic type screens although the phone felt real.

But it's not your everyday plastic, and with my experiences with the S3 I've noticed it's very resistant to knocks

It's probably not, but it is plastic - hence the complaints that it feels 'plasticky'. Having owned an iPhone 4 there's no way I could ever buy a plastic phone, they all just feel cheap. I suppose that's why the HTC appeals so much - just got to find a showroom where they don't mind me putting it in my pocket for a while.

I moved from Orange to O2 this week, its awesome being able to use my phone on non wifi in my flat and the surrounding area and on my train journey into London, Orange was getting worse and worse signal wise and O2 always us is pretty decent it seems

Went for an Iphone 5, Unlimited texts, calls and 1gb data for £27 a month, half what I was paying on Orange with insurance included

I moved from Orange to O2 this week, its awesome being able to use my phone on non wifi in my flat and the surrounding area and on my train journey into London, Orange was getting worse and worse signal wise and O2 always us is pretty decent it seems

Went for an Iphone 5, Unlimited texts, calls and 1gb data for £27 a month, half what I was paying on Orange with insurance included

That's an amazing deal, did you have to pay a large sum upfront as well?

Why do people struggle to get good deals?

Admittedly ive been with T Mobile since One2One todays - thats like 16 years now so maybe im a valued customer I dont know. But I pay £20 quid a month and free phone and all the texts in the world with like £260 worth of free calls and free data. To be honest I rarely make calls and just use the phone for surfing the net. The market is now changing from the whole talktime deals to now bytes deals etc. Im gonna move to EE I think but still owned by same company - T Mobile - wanna see the fuss with 4G.

Why do people struggle to get good deals?

£280 to buy a brand new unlocked 16Gb Nexus 4 outright, £6 for a Virgin SIM Only deal giving 1200 minutes, 1Gb data, and 3500 texts on a 30 day contract. So that's £352 (or £29.33 a month) over 12 months or £424 (£17.66 a month) if you cost it over 24 months.

You got the exact same deal my brother got last week for the iPhone 5, and he too left Orange for O2.

I'm still very pleased with the deal I'm getting, as I should also be keeping my free 750 MB of loyalty data, bringing my total data allowance of my new contract to 1.5 GB, which isn't bad for a £32.40 a month deal. What's even greater is the fact they're letting me cancel my current contract early for free, which means not getting my phone insured wasn't such a bad mistake.

Back