• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S3

255syyu.png

So it is a bigger screen than the S2. From 4.3" to 4.8".... Very close to the notes 5.3"

Bit concerned that it's got a bigger screen then the 4s but has less pixels per inch. Won't that look a bit bricky in comparison?

Bit concerned that it's got a bigger screen then the 4s but has less pixels per inch. Won't that look a bit bricky in comparison?

More than the 4s dont you mean?

EDIT: ok yeah see what you mean. But no it looks far from bricky. I have the same resolution on my note which is 5.3" screen and its crystal clear. One of the first things i noticed was the clarity. One bonus of the big screen plus better resolution is i dont have to zoom in to read text when browsing web pages... Its that clear

Last edited:
Interesting Bits

- Quad Core
- Good battery
- 50GB dropbox
- 1280x720 screen
- 4.8" screen
- 1GB RAM
- Barometer
- Wireless charging

- Pop up play (watch video over the top of home page / browser)
- Eye recognition (tracks your eyes to prevent dimming / screen saver)
- Camera (20 shot burst camera and photos at same time as video)

The Note is the big one... And until you get hands on with it you wont get how practical it is. Most peopke go "eurgh thats too big for a phone" and just dismiss it. But those who've given it a go like myself love it. And im so used to the size and the freedom of a bigger screen i would find it hard going back to a "normal" size phone.
The S3 looks big in the video but pretty sure its the same size as the S2. Not what ide call a huge leap from the S2 either... Got some nifty features but not enough for me to get rid of my Note. Will likely wait for the Note 2 or S4 as ill be due an upgrade next August

i think I was more going along the lines of putting it in your pocket or what exactly?

You are on a night out - how will you put it in your pocket? its a bit big.

You aint a lady who has a handbag (I dont know if you have a man bag though)

I guess thats my point

I don't think the human eye can discern much more than 300PPI, so anything above that should look awesome

It's the resolution that's important (particularly for video)

I'm surprised people still get phones on contract nowadays. I will never ever buy one on contract again, so much better to just buy one unbranded sim free and not be tied into any rip off contract.

It also works out cheaper in the long run as well, trick is to wait 1-2 months after its out and the price will drop.

You also dont have to wait for all the networks to vet all the upgrades etc, get it straight from the manafacturer. Thats where Apple has it spot on, updates straight through them, mind you they have the clout to bully the networks nowadays.

You definitely need a Quad-Core processor on a mobile phone used primarily to make phonecalls and send texts

:lol:

i think I was more going along the lines of putting it in your pocket or what exactly?

I guess thats my point

The pocket thing I've heard before and trust me its not an issue at all... Fits in the pocket of all my trousers/jeans and even the top pocket of my work shirts, and fits snugg too.
People think its a tablet or something but when you've had it a few days it doesnt seem as big as it did initially.
Not everyones cup of tea but for me its fantastic.
Watched Spurs Vs Bolton on it the other night coz i couldnt get to a TV and it was clear as anything plus a decent size too

You definitely need a Quad-Core processor on a mobile phone used primarily to make phonecalls and send texts

Don't be silly Arc, bigger the number the better obviously!!!!!!

Does look like a nice bit of kit, bit of the large side but Samsung do make quality products.

I guess thats my point

I have a man bag.

So+you+think+I+m+not+real+Big+whoop+wanna+fight+_6fc47a5bb6d2bac6d754b97a219643ab.jpg

Every man should have a man bag

"Like shoes, man bags are noticed because of social convention. We look at shoes to avoid eye contact, and we look at bags for much the same reason. They are about as far from the person as possible and are probably the most detached thing you have on you. Therefore you can look at a man bag much in the same way as you would a pair of shoes – to size up someone without the mutual discomfort of staring at their face.

Next time you take public transport, notice how you and other people pay much more attention than is warranted to other people’s bags! Women spend money on handbags because they are good status indicators – we might learn something from them."

I have a Dunlop bag which I use as a man bag when im out like shopping and stuff. Its easier to put in there a wallet, keys, phone, condoms (just incase), lube, a bottle of water etc.

So much better than getting your jeans bogged down by all that brick in pockets,.

By the end of the year, I bet all smartphones will be quad-core (including Apple)

People use their phones for so much more than voice and text

I use mine for data more than anything

The latest quad-core processors will run apps faster, but preserve battery life

Let's face it, battery life on all smart phones (including Apple) is shockingly poor

Advances in processor technology will help resolve this (unless we can come up with an alternative energy source)

By the end of the year, I bet all smartphones will be quad-core (including Apple)

People use their phones for so much more than voice and text

I use mine for data more than anything

The latest quad-core processors will run apps faster, but preserve battery life

Let's face it, battery life on all smart phones (including Apple) is shockingly poor

Advances in processor technology will help resolve this (unless we can come up with an alternative energy source)

I find the battery life on the Note is better than the S2 which is impressive considering the bigger screen youd think itd be less.

And dont be suprised if Apple up their screen size then all the Apple fanboys who mock the size of the Galaxy range will be telling you how great their bigger iPhone is lol.

And like you ive got everything on my phone... Text and voice calls are probably not even 10% of what i use my phone for

Games will also benefit

Mobile phones have become extremely mobile but powerful computers

Increasing processor speed and RAM is a natural and necessary progression

Back