• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S3

interesting bits

- quad core
- good battery
- 50gb dropbox
- 1280x720 screen
- 4.8" screen
- 1gb ram
- barometer
- wireless charging

- pop up play (watch video over the top of home page / browser)
- eye recognition (tracks your eyes to prevent dimming / screen saver)
- camera (20 shot burst camera and photos at same time as video)

get in!!

southstand1882;99303[B said:
]Games will also benefit
[/B]
Mobile phones have become extremely mobile but powerful computers

Increasing processor speed and RAM is a natural and necessary progression

Most of the more advanced games I have played on phones have been terrible due to the fact a touch screen interface is terrible apart from arcadey style games. Most fun I have is with my mega drive emulator which hardly requires a quad core processor.

I got a Nexus S and love the thing. So far as i can tell it does everything the S2 can do but with the added advantage of being the size of a phone not a book

Most of the more advanced games I have played on phones have been terrible due to the fact a touch screen interface is terrible apart from arcadey style games. Most fun I have is with my mega drive emulator which hardly requires a quad core processor.

I got a Nexus S and love the thing. So far as i can tell it does everything the S2 can do but with the added advantage of being the size of a phone not a book

Good phone, but limited storage and no memory card slot

Good phone, but limited storage and no memory card slot

Well i still have an old ipod that I use for my music and I've not had any issue with storage thus far. I could understand there might be issues with space if you were using it as your music player, although 25gb isn't too shabby

images
images

images
images

!

Just a question to those peeps that know.

I have an Iphone 4s but im getting a bit miffed with it, and thinking of moving on. The only thing holding me to it at the moment is the tortuous idea of having to convert all my itunes music to put on any new phone. Is there any mass way of getting iTunes converted music on to say a Samsung? and also cos i dont know, has a Samsung got the same range of Apps? as i would have to go around buying them all again I assume.

Also does a Samsung have flash and the ability to play any movie file format without conversion?

Just a question to those peeps that know.

I have an Iphone 4s but im getting a bit miffed with it, and thinking of moving on. The only thing holding me to it at the moment is the tortuous idea of having to convert all my itunes music to put on any new phone. Is there any mass way of getting iTunes converted music on to say a Samsung? and also cos i dont know, has a Samsung got the same range of Apps? as i would have to go around buying them all again I assume.

Also does a Samsung have flash and the ability to play any movie file format without conversion?

Ok to start with Samsung does support Flash. If your going for a Samsung from a 4s then go for the top range such as the S3 or Note.

Apps shouldnt be a problem. When I went from iPhone 3G to Samsung Galaxy S2 it wasnt long before i found most of the apps i had on the iPhone or a similar app and the best thing was.... Most of them were free!! Far more free apps on Android you'll find.

As for music the iPhone wins hands down I'm afraid. Its possible to drag and drop all your music from the itunes folder into your Samsung plugged in. The joy of the Samsungs are the all have SD card slots so you can slap a 32GB SD card in and just fill it with music. The bog standard S2 i believe is bout 16GB anyway

When is the S4 out? Next month or the month after next?

S3 released just over a year after the S2.... Pretty sure iPhone do yearly updates too?

But personally think they should release a phone every 18-24mnths as most phone contracts are this length

S3 released just over a year after the S2.... Pretty sure iPhone do yearly updates too?
But personally think they should release a phone every 18-24mnths as most phone contracts are this length

usually to correct the raft of flaws in the previous release!

It was a bad Droid joke. Feels like the next big thing on droid is out every 6 months. I'd go insane, in fact, would probably have to live off a 1 year contract to just keep up with it all. Perhaps I edge towards iphones because I prefer the simple life of jailbreaking and the app store.

It was a bad Droid joke. Feels like the next big thing on droid is out every 6 months. I'd go insane, in fact, would probably have to live off a 1 year contract to just keep up with it all. Perhaps I edge towards iphones because I prefer the simple life of jailbreaking and the app store.

Not anymore fella

At the high end you have two main manufacturers (Samsung and HTC)

They have a limited range and try and release something cool every 12 months (but not at the same time)

Absolutely spot on for Android owners

Jailbreaking does not deliver you new hardware advances (better processor, battery, screen, RAM etc)

As somebody else posted, SIM free is the way to go (and much cheaper in the long term)

So I for one will benefit from release schedules of more like 6-12 months

Therefore I am loving the HTC / Samsung combination on Android!

Southstand - interesting, didn't know things had slowed down that much. I'm all for competition (Apple v Droid, Droid v Droid). Always felt there was too much going on with Android phones. OS is more or less the same but the tech jumps around all over the place from one hand set to the next. If it's levelling out, good times then.

I'm still not a fan of big screens. Will be interesting to see what Apple do come the Fall.

Southstand - interesting, didn't know things had slowed down that much. I'm all for competition (Apple v Droid, Droid v Droid). Always felt there was too much going on with Android phones. OS is more or less the same but the tech jumps around all over the place from one hand set to the next. If it's levelling out, good times then.

I'm still not a fan of big screens. Will be interesting to see what Apple do come the Fall.

I hope that extends to the iPad, which is far too big! :)

At the high end, there are only 2 Android phones worth getting: The HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S3

I have a Sony TV and a PS3 so I'd be happy to buy one of their phones (their camera is normally good), but unfortunately they always add a load of crap on top of Android

Looks like Sony are slowly turning things around though. They've just released one of the best LCD TVs in the world

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-kdl-46hx853_TV_review

I hope that extends to the iPad, which is far too big! :)

At the high end, there are only 3 Android phones worth getting: The HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S3... And Galaxy Note ;)

I have a Sony TV and a PS3 so I'd be happy to buy one of their phones (their camera is normally good), but unfortunately they always add a load of crap on top of Android

Looks like Sony are slowly turning things around though. They've just released one of the best LCD TVs in the world

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-kdl-46hx853_TV_review

The Notes specs hardly differ from the S3 bar the processor

These videos are great in pointing out how Android is more intuitive then most people give it credit for, especially Apple fans who belive IOS is far superior software. This is not me bashing Apple just showing you that Android is better than alot of people think... Most of these are little things but when you add them all up it just shows that Android functions alot smoother/better than IOS without the huge learning curve people expect. The guy in the video is not an Android fanboy as he states at the start of the video that he owns many Apple products so it's a ballanced view.

It also shows any Android users some very useful tips and things I didn't realise I could do on my phone

[video=youtube;NMiY1kSTHZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=NMiY1kSTHZw[/video]

Part 2 of 5 he really makes his point by comparing Galaxy S on Android 2.2 with the brand new iPad 3 on the latest IOS... 6:40-8:10 is the BEST part!!!!

[video=youtube;Ayx4XsBaJBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayx4XsBaJBI[/video]

Part 3 of 5 more on customization

[video=youtube;fsGQ_xts_Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGQ_xts_Gw[/video]

And here's the last 2 parts. I seriously advise watching these videos whether your an Android or Apple user as not only does it show you more in depth what your phone is capable of but it really shows you how the 2 operating systems compare and how underrated Android really is.

Part 4 of 5 Wish I'd seen this video when I lost my phone

[video=youtube;jlPKVWv1WxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlPKVWv1WxU[/video]

Part 5 of 5

[video=youtube;q5A4k1bDV0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5A4k1bDV0s[/video]

Back