• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Despite his lack of productivity here, Lo Celso goes for bigger money than what people are estimating here IMO. Good form in Spain again despite injuries, well liked in Spain, would have started the WC for Argentina over a midfielder that got in late because of his injury and went for 100m after. Liked by many a manager there and who have manged there.

20m+ IMO

As much as I dislike PEH, for a regular PL defensive midfielder youa re paying more than 20m too IMO.
The problem is that he is on a salary commensurate with a £45m player. Unless Villa come in for him (and I think they’ll want better) then we’re likely to have to take quite a low fee for him to get his wages off of our books.

The problem is that he is on a salary commensurate with a £45m player. Unless Villa come in for him (and I think they’ll want better) then we’re likely to have to take quite a low fee for him to get his wages off of our books.

Maybe, time will tell.

Emery has signed him 3 times so he clearly rates him. As I said before, his rep outside of Spurs seems much better than it is within

Maybe, time will tell.

Emery has signed him 3 times so he clearly rates him. As I said before, his rep outside of Spurs seems much better than it is within
Lo Celso is alright in Spain as the lower pace of the game allows him to work it onto the only foot he can use for anything other than standing on,

Yeh we have definitely under valued our own players to the extreme because we don't rate them
Well it's logical. These are players who we do not want and who haven't performed well. There is no clamour for their signatures. We are the ones who have to actively attempt to drum up interest to sell them as opposed to outside clubs desiring them.

An easy example is say Gareth Bale, we were able to achieve a world record fee because he was wanted, he was desired so Real were willing to pay whatever was necessary to get him. That is clearly not the case with the likes of Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Sessgnon etc for obvious reasons.

So if we want to get them off the books, then it is in Spur's own interest to make the transfer of said players as attractive to the buying as possible . That doesn't mean releasing them for free but it does mean erring on the side of taking a deal for a lower fee than might be ideal. The alternative will be the not wanted player still being on our books and still collecting their relatively large wages.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Well it's logical. These are players who we do not want and who haven't performed well. There is no clamour for their signatures. We are the ones who have to actively attempt to drum up interest to sell them as opposed to outside clubs desiring them.

An easy example is say Gareth Bale, we were able to achieve a world record fee because he was wanted, he was desired so Real were willing to pay whatever was necessary to get him. That is clearly not the case with the likes of Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Sessgnon etc for obvious reasons.

So if we want to get them off the books, then it is in Spur's own interest to make the transfer of said players as attractive to the buying as possible . That doesn't mean releasing them for free but it does mean erring on the side of taking a deal for a lower fee than might be ideal. The alternative will be the not wanted player still being on our books and still collecting their relatively large wages.

I don't disagree however I still believe some of the figures you see are based on major bias than reality, even factoring in the biting the bullet factor. Thats why I don't necessarily take my ques from my Spurs views based on that reason and you look around at the figures people go for in similar situations in football, not saying I am right, but I think it gives a better view than someone having an axe to grind with Winks haha

From an accounting perspective we will probably "profit" on most of them considering where they are in contract stage.

After watching us not take up the option on Lucas (we could have added a year then asked for a fee), basically give away Dele, release Aurier, punt Lo Celso & Ndombele on eternal loans, I think (at least recently) the club is starting to grasp the need to sometimes just let go certain players.

From an accounting perspective we will probably "profit" on most of them considering where they are in contract stage.

After watching us not take up the option on Lucas (we could have added a year then asked for a fee), basically give away Dele, release Aurier, punt Lo Celso & Ndombele on eternal loans, I think (at least recently) the club is starting to grasp the need to sometimes just let go certain players.

Plus Doherty too.

I read somewhere that if Dele makes a further 7 more appearances for Everton when he returns to them, then it triggers another £10m fee. Probably makes certain that he wont make those appearances mind you

This blanket idea that keeps being trolled out that absolutely no one in Europe has money is not accurate, yes there are some struggling but there are plenty that ain't. Everything seems to get narrowed down to little silos, the managers search can only be based on some made up list where people mentally tick off those they believe turned us down, you can only sign players certain people know, it's either only Lenglet or Dier or no one apparently and no club has money because its true of a few clubs.

This whole it's not a sellers market will be turned on it's head im sure when it comes to the expectations on who Spurs should be buying and for what money.

Villereal owned by a Billionaire, record turnover, made money last window, hard balling Barcelona over Foyth for 60m euros apparently. Hardly the signals of begging bowl times for a club to pay more than 15m for a player that IF they want him and I admit its an IF, but he has performed well for them, they like him, they have invested two seasons in him. His form for them dictates more then 15m

I love the way it's accepted that no one in Europe are going to buy big but we are expected to pay the first figure mentioned, it's all Levy's fault.

I love the way it's accepted that no one in Europe are going to buy big but we are expected to pay the first figure mentioned, it's all Levy's fault.
The players we want are desired, the players we want to get rid of are not. This should be quite easily understood.

The players we want are desired, the players we want to get rid of are not. This should be quite easily understood.

I think the issue is that we get quoted a larger sum because we are an EPL club and they think we have money. And that’s perfectly fine. I also think it’s perfectly fine for us to negotiate this down rather than just pay whatever they want.

Regarding sales, just because they’re undesirable to us doesn’t automatically mean they are universally undesirable. I would argue Lo Celso, Gil, Regiulon are valued in Europe. Even the likes of Royal and PEH who divide opinion would have takers in Europe. I’ve seen quotes around the €10-15m euro mark which seems really cheap to me considering their age and contract length

I think the issue is that we get quoted a larger sum because we are an EPL club and they think we have money. And that’s perfectly fine. I also think it’s perfectly fine for us to negotiate this down rather than just pay whatever they want.

Regarding sales, just because they’re undesirable to us doesn’t automatically mean they are universally undesirable. I would argue Lo Celso, Gil, Regiulon are valued in Europe. Even the likes of Royal and PEH who divide opinion would have takers in Europe. I’ve seen quotes around the €10-15m euro mark which seems really cheap to me considering their age and contract length
Cheap for the prem
Not cheap for other leagues
That’s the killer
We had clubs here last summer that spent more than other countries leagues combined

Winks going for around £10m it seems. That's a good price. Interesting to see if Levy can keep this up.

If its £10m then you can claim Maddison only cost £30m which make the deal even better.
Absolutely. But it's maximizing the value of sales which is arguably our key challenge this summer, not only because of the number of players we want to get rid of, but also because this is what has been holding us back in the last few years.

Get in Maddison and at least 1 CB, then let levy clear deck with Lloris, Rodon, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Perisic, Reguilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele and anyone else I have forgotten.

I think Winks will be a good signing for Leicester.

Get in Maddison and at least 1 CB, then let levy clear deck with Lloris, Rodon, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Perisic, Reguilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele and anyone else I have forgotten.

Agreed re Winks. Think it works well for all parties - has to be a very good chance they're back in the PL next year

Wonder whether we'll pause after our first CB signing to clear some out. Hopefully not, but with all the fat in our squad, it wouldnt surprise me if we did

Get in who we need early and then clear the decks, then dependant on what moneys left you can look at how the windows unfolds and who subsequently becomes available. Could sprinkle some magic if someone comes available

Back