• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

i dont have a player in mind, but then i dont have a million pound budget, scout all over the world and im not renowned for finding players
whats the point in bringing in a genius recruitment guy if he cant find us one striker when we only currently have one, and have a number of vital games coming up
Well, it would help if you had something to offer in terms of who we should be pursuing, but I won't hold that against you, given you limited budget. :)

What is important to keep in mind is that our scouting network is evaluating players continuously, as opposed to doing fudge all, which some of the comments in this forum may suggest. The fact that we have not pulled the trigger on anyone suggests that, either they're not attainable at this moment and we're waiting for a more favorable opportunity to get them in, or that they're not yet at a level where we can be the final piece in their development. And I would much rather trust our scouting department with the tons of information they have to do what is best, than what posters on this and other Spurs' forums are suggesting.

Well he hasn't cured Chadli's suspect work ethic to date so I would not be as confident as you he could turn him into the player we want overnight. And it is not just working hard, if you haven't trained as a striker then it's not something you pick up in a few weeks. Chadli does not move like a striker (he does score like one though - I'll give him that). I just don't see playing him at the point as being effective enough to keep us challenging to be perfectly honest. As I mentioned (somewhere) Son would be a better deputy.
We are looking for a striker, that much is undeniable, so I'm sure the groundwork has already been put in for Plan A, B and C. Lets see how the last few hours play out. I still expect someone in.
I'd be thrilled if we got someone in too, but I'd still feel pretty comfortable if we didn't.

Well he hasn't cured Chadli's suspect work ethic to date so I would not be as confident as you he could turn him into the player we want overnight. And it is not just working hard, if you haven't trained as a striker then it's not something you pick up in a few weeks. Chadli does not move like a striker (he does score like one though - I'll give him that). I just don't see playing him at the point as being effective enough to keep us challenging to be perfectly honest. As I mentioned (somewhere) Son would be a better deputy.
We are looking for a striker, that much is undeniable, so I'm sure the groundwork has already been put in for Plan A, B and C. Lets see how the last few hours play out. I still expect someone in.
The huge worry would be if we were so reliant on Kane's goals. I think what we've moved away is being so reliant on individuals. The hope is that we are still moving towards a team where in almost every position someone else can come in and understand their duty so that there is not a drop off in the overall level of the team

Looks like Levy is letting Poch down once again. Could we really blame him for going to a club who actually backs him in the transfer market? If Kane gets injured our season is over.

Looks like Levy is letting Poch down once again. Could we really blame him for going to a club who actually backs him in the transfer market? If Kane gets injured our season is over.
I just posted this under the Strikers thread:

Snippet from ESPNFC Transfer Talk live blog:

Gab Marcotti: I can't comment on the past but Levy is not the reason Spurs haven't signed a striker this month. In fact, I've heard he definitely offered Pochettino Austin in the summer. It's Poch who's reluctant... He is very wary of upsetting squad balance and is only interested in a long-term solution, rather than a stop-gap

Why do some people think that whenever we do not sign a player it's always Levy's fault?

I just posted this under the Strikers thread:

Snippet from ESPNFC Transfer Talk live blog:

Gab Marcotti: I can't comment on the past but Levy is not the reason Spurs haven't signed a striker this month. In fact, I've heard he definitely offered Pochettino Austin in the summer. It's Poch who's reluctant... He is very wary of upsetting squad balance and is only interested in a long-term solution, rather than a stop-gap

Why do some people think that whenever we do not sign a player it's always Levy's fault?
So because poch didn't want austin in the summer, it's his fault? Makes no sense at all. Our squad needs another striker, and levy should get one of poch and mitchell's long term targets. He failed to do so in the summer, and has no excuses if he fails again. I'm not saying bring in anyone. I'm saying bring in a player that poch wants. Like dembele or berahino. Levy offered him austin because he was cheap.

So because poch didn't want austin in the summer, it's his fault? Makes no sense at all. Our squad needs another striker, and levy should get one of poch and mitchell's long term targets. He failed to do so in the summer, and has no excuses if he fails again. I'm not saying bring in anyone. I'm saying bring in a player that poch wants. Like dembele or berahino. Levy offered him austin because he was cheap.

But what if WBA don't want to sell Berahino, which seems the case, do you want Levy to go and kidnap him

Everyone we want seems very unobtainable... With hours to go lets not lose our s**t.

But before we shout down @E3zzle lets emphasise with how he feels and ask ourselves how we will all feel about not signing another striker again for a successive window.

Not time to apportion blame or lose it just yet, but I am papping myself, I cant deny it, we NEED to get in what we NEED, another jeffin striker, we are so vulnerable if we dont.

There is a story in tonight's Standard saying that Poch has put no pressure on the club to sign a striker this month. His priority is signing the right players and values the very good squad spirit that we have above reinforcements. Unfortunately, I can't find the story on the Standard website.

i'm firmly of the opinion that MP knows far better than I do and that he and Levy are on the same page here

the thinking seems to be long term, I have no issue with that

But what if WBA don't want to sell Berahino, which seems the case, do you want Levy to go and kidnap him

I doubt any of us underestimate the difficulty in signing Berahino, fine if we cant get a perm deal done lets at least bring in someone for six months as a stop gap, it will be utter madness not to sign another striker again, and dont give me Chads and Sonny, we need something Kane wise like 4 like.

I doubt any of us underestimate the difficulty in signing Berahino, fine if we cant get a perm deal done lets at least bring in someone for six months as a stop gap, it will be utter madness not to sign another striker again, and dont give me Chads and Sonny, we need something Kane wise like 4 like.

What if Poch doesn't want any stop gaps?

Back