• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Remember Redknapp ....and Saha and Neilsen. Still sends shivers down my spine.
I thought both of those players were good cover signings. They were the type of player who you would expect to be able to come into the team and deliver a competent performance if necessary. In a way they are the type of signing that we could do with right now. They are merely insurance.... you hope that you won't have to use them, but if the injuries mount then you can count on them.

Do you think that we would be better with a striker who isn't suited to Poch's style of play or who might be disruptive than with making use of the players in our squad who can play up front or playing with a false 9?

Perhaps I am being miserable, look I get Poch's vision and way of doing things. I am behind it, but he is not immune to mistakes or being wrong about certain things, I hope I will never get proved right over your argument, but yes, in terms of philosophy or primary targets being unavailable, I still feel bloody strongly that is essential we have a back up striker.

yes we managed thus far, you could argue we have got away with it, I would like to watch us without papping myself every time I see someone challenge Kane, knowing full well if the worst was to happen it would send a wave of fear and doubt through our squad knowing as everyone and his dog does that we have no back up.

I thought both of those players were good cover signings. They were the type of player who you would expect to be able to come into the team and deliver a competent performance if necessary. In a way they are the type of signing that we could do with right now. They are merely insurance.... you hope that you won't have to use them, but if the injuries mount then you can count on them.

that's the sort of signing I was expecting us to end up with, and that would have been an acceptable scenario. I was expecting Ricky Lambert to join

Looks like Levy is letting Poch down once again. Could we really blame him for going to a club who actually backs him in the transfer market? If Kane gets injured our season is over.

Poch's interest in Berahino ended the moment he threw his toys out of the pram last deadline day. How does anyone think Poch has any interest in Berahino after the way Poch bombed Townsend out for much less.

You talking about Seydou Doumbi Greg? If so that isn't a bad signing IMO. Scored 50 odd goals in 60 odd games in Switzerland when younger (I wanted us to sign him back then) then went to Russia and scored 60 odd goals in about 90 games while there. He didn't do particularly well last year at Roma, but has done OK on loan back in Moscow this season.

Yes. His record everywhere apart from Italy is excellent so hopefully he can hit the ground running. He does look about 50 though, then again so does Charlie Adam at Stoke. Apparently he is very quick, has a good CL goal scoring record especially against English clubs.

Yes. His record everywhere apart from Italy is excellent so hopefully he can hit the ground running. He does look about 50 though, then again so does Charlie Adam at Stoke. Apparently he is very quick, has a good CL goal scoring record especially against English clubs.

In Charlie Adam's case, that's the number of pints he drinks every week from the looks of him.

Poch's interest in Berahino ended the moment he threw his toys out of the pram last deadline day. How does anyone think Poch has any interest in Berahino after the way Poch bombed Townsend out for much less.
Poch and Townsend sorted their differences pretty much immediately from all accounts. Townsend's form is the only reason he dropped down the pecking order.

Then I very much hope I get proved wrong however I feel he/we could fall on a sword for trying to be to clever, to choosy, whatever.

What's your criteria for being proved wrong? Is CL qualification good enough or do you want a trophy or do you want to win the Premier League?

What's your criteria for being proved wrong? Is CL qualification good enough or do you want a trophy or do you want to win the Premier League?

I am not a fan of the word 'want' more 'would like'

I would worry as I feel CL Qualification is far from assured, I would like a trophy of course and the title would be dreamland.

I would see ultimate failure as no trophies and no top 4 finish I guess, I worry by not strengthening that awful scenario for me becomes more likely to happen.

I am not a fan of the word 'want' more 'would like'

I would worry as I feel CL Qualification is far from assured, I would like a trophy of course and the title would be dreamland.

I would see ultimate failure as no trophies and no top 4 finish I guess, I worry by not strengthening that awful scenario for me becomes more likely to happen.

tough crowd

what would you think if we got relegated?

I just posted this under the Strikers thread:

Snippet from ESPNFC Transfer Talk live blog:

Gab Marcotti: I can't comment on the past but Levy is not the reason Spurs haven't signed a striker this month. In fact, I've heard he definitely offered Pochettino Austin in the summer. It's Poch who's reluctant... He is very wary of upsetting squad balance and is only interested in a long-term solution, rather than a stop-gap

Why do some people think that whenever we do not sign a player it's always Levy's fault?

They can not wait to get their doll of Levy out and start sticking the pins in?

WE have been here before. We needed a solid signing. We got shiite!! An old defender and an old striker. Why did we just repeat the same thing of not strengthening.

Ha we didn't even get that this time.It is what it is but most teams around us haven't strengthend and the team does have goals in it even if Kane is missing from the team/not scoring.That said to be strong on 3 fronts we could have done with another striker.Still 6 points in the next 2 games and its mostly forgotton.

We haven't been short up top so far and that has been with injuries to both Son and Chadli and Eriksen not performing.

Not sure you can say Eriksen hasn't performed. He's contributed goals and assists. Had we had another player to lead the line, Kane would have been subbed off or rotated more in cup games and been fresher. And we don't really have an alternative to lead the line if we need to change things up. Chaldli, Son etc are all fine, but not out and out forwards. At least not at the moment.

I would be over the moon if we signed a proper Centre Forward in the next few hours. 5 points off the top of the league. 5 points off the top of the Premier League! Also in the FA Cup, and we have a good shot in Europe. Berahino might not be match sharp, but he won't be tired after sitting on the bench. Next year cash floods into the PL and so Pearce is holding out. But this time I think it would be worth the financial stretch; Pearce is our obstacle.

Are we short up top? Yes. Have we done well anyway? Yes we have. Could we score more? Yes. And moreover, wouldn't it be nice not to worry about an injury to Kane?

Last edited:

Towsend is out because he didn't offer enough on the pitch, not because he had a minor tiff with a fitness coach. Poch is philosophical and pragmatic, if a player works hard, and does well on the pitch he is happy.

Back