• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

He is living dangerously. He's spending £400-500m on a stadium that if it goes over budget by 10% could have a disastrous affect on a club with a turnover such as ours.
But you have no idea how that is structured I assume? It may be completely separate to the transfer fund?

wow, I don't usually frequent this forum but my GHod the Levy-ites are strong on here.

Going into the season with just one out and out striker is a complete and utter shambles.

If anyone ever thought we were ever going to spend £25m OVER what we have raised this summer you must have the memory of a goldfish.

We do NOT spend positive numbers. EVER. Even when buying £56m quids worth of Lamela and Soldado we made about £5-£10m that window.

I sincerely hope Ebeneezer Levy has put every single penny he's screwed out of THFC in the last 13 years towards building this new stadium.

£5m up front for an England international is embarrassing even for his royal tightness. Especially as the rest was based on performances. If he'd said 5 x 5m it might have happened but he's wasted our time and he's unfairly unsettled a player of another club.

We haven't spent 'positive numbers' since the stadium stuff properly came around, prior to that we routinely spent more than we sold and were among the leagues highest in terms of net spend.

Levy hasn't screwed THFC out of any money the last 13 years - every single penny is accountable via the published accounts, the money made goes back in to the club

Unless you have inside knowledge of how the majority of transfer deals are structured that last last point is a load of hot air - furthermore the reported offer wasn't 5m upfront and the rest in incentives, it was 5m upfront and the rest spread over several years with incentives too

But you have no idea how that is structured I assume? It may be completely separate to the transfer fund?
And you have no idea how our Berahino bid was structured either. We're all making assumptions based on media rumour and speculation. Including you.

So if you're willing to blame Levy for an offer of "£5m + performance related add-ons" (pure rumour!) then you can't really criticise someone else for defending Levy also based on pure rumour.

wow, I don't usually frequent this forum but my GHod the Levy-ites are strong on here.

Going into the season with just one out and out striker is a complete and utter shambles.

Is that really how you see it?! :)

All that's been on here for a week or so is people slagging off Levy! Look at the last 10 pages of this thread alone! it's getting pretty tiresome tbh, I'm pretty shocked that you've come on here to suggest he's getting protected or something?

We haven't spent 'positive numbers' since the stadium stuff properly came around, prior to that we routinely spent more than we sold and were among the leagues highest in terms of net spend.

Levy hasn't screwed THFC out of any money the last 13 years - every single penny is accountable via the published accounts, the money made goes back in to the club

Unless you have inside knowledge of how the majority of transfer deals are structured that last last point is a load of hot air - furthermore the reported offer wasn't 5m upfront and the rest in incentives, it was 5m upfront and the rest spread over several years with incentives too

I'd be keen to see the last time we spent positive amounts in a transfer window?
IIRC it was January 2009 after Ramos was sacked and we were in genuine trouble. I'm pretty certain that before that we didn't spend positive figures very often if at all.

Just the one striker, unless of course Adebayor is given yet another chance, is utter madness.

Hate to say it but that is the case, that is our season gone. Gutted.

Our only hope is that Son can play up front, on his own....

Reactions: DTA
I'd be keen to see the last time we spent positive amounts in a transfer window?
IIRC it was January 2009 after Ramos was sacked and we were in genuine trouble. I'm pretty certain that before that we didn't spend positive figures very often if at all.

Have yourself a Google mate, plenty of sites which detail transfer business year by year

Transfermarkt is a good one

Just the one striker, unless of course Adebayor is given yet another chance, is utter madness.

Hate to say it but that is the case, that is our season gone. Gutted.

Are only hope is that Son can play up front, on his own....

GHod help us if kane gets injured. Need to keep him rested for EL games and play Njie up top

Even a Rasiak type deal would have helped!

Just seen that Everton, the supposedly skint club also trying to fund a stadium expansion/new one...have spent 20 million net in this window. Boof.

So even Levy's last minute offer of his Harry Potter Lego Hogwarts set didn't swing it, then.
That Peace is pretty determined.

Last edited:

Yeah - Jan 09

This one could go either way. We are £4.5m spent, but the Lennon deal for £5m can still go through

Wait....... What?

Did we really just finish the transfer window with ONE striker......... Nah you fudging with me.

Back