• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Well this isn't happening, keep waiting on activity but nothing. I'm half thinking that all at the club have decided that our squad is good unless we have a last day 'VDV' special.

I am happy that we signed Son, but if I had a choice of Son for £22m or Berahino for £25m I would take the later
Agreed young talent premier league expreriance plenty of potential. Fair enough if WBA don't want to sell them surely Austin got to be considered.

Agreed young talent premier league experience plenty of potential. Fair enough if WBA don't want to sell them surely Austin got to be considered.

Typical Spurs we could finally decided to go in for Austin and someone nipped in before us and sealed the deal.

Sorry if this has already been posted on here, but in reading a bit about the lad I came upon this interview about his childhood, migration to the UK, etc. Impressive.

The increased TV money will be eaten up by increased transfer fees and wages. Our position remains unchanged for the moment.

Eh?

Other teams are clearly paying more than ever with their extra tv money and we're still acting as if it's 2007 by waiting until the last week and lowballing potential sellers.

That's a shift in the market, it definitely hasn't stayed the same.

Eh?

Other teams are clearly paying more than ever with their extra tv money and we're still acting as if it's 2007 by waiting until the last week and lowballing potential sellers.

That's a shift in the market, it definitely hasn't stayed the same.

We've done quite a bit of transfer business this summer, haven't we?

That "makeshift solution" may well become an issue if we have a problem in front of goal. Besides who said Pch agreed to that makeshift solution and did not intend them to play as wing forwards? Anyway I will not speculate about that, suffice to say I am unimpressed that we knew Ad and Roberto were on the way out of our first team squad and management saw fit not to buy a striker

agree

We've done quite a bit of transfer business this summer, haven't we?

Yeah but we really need a striker, not sure if he is the one that we need or is worth 25m (although I like what I have seen), but if we ain't going to get him then we really should have moved on to the next target.

Yeah but we really need a striker, not sure if he is the one that we need or is worth 25m (although I like what I have seen), but if we ain't going to get him then we really should have moved on to the next target.

Let's see how tomorrow plays out but it is not as if we are the only club whose transfers have dragged out. Emirates Marketing Project are just about the richest club in the league and the De Bruyne deal has dragged on all summer, just like Real Madrid's pursuit of De Gea. I think that it is a gross over simplification to think that the answer is just to chuck more money at a deal or to walk away.

Let's see how tomorrow plays out but it is not as if we are the only club whose transfers have dragged out. Emirates Marketing Project are just about the richest club in the league and the De Bruyne deal has dragged on all summer, just like Real Madrid's pursuit of De Gea. I think that it is a gross over simplification to think that the answer is just to chuck more money at a deal or to walk away.

Wouldn't it be great if we panic bought in July instead so we could all blame Levy for not getting the players the manager wants?

Wouldn't it be great if we panic bought in July instead so we could all blame Levy for not getting the players the manager wants?

no, the idea is to panic buy the player Poch wants.....yes if to get a player in early means to panic then so fricken be it:rolleyes:

What if no clubs are willing to sell in July because they think they can get more by waiting or the player doesn't want to commit so early? Not everything is down to us.

what if you try to think positively? ;)

Back