• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Then take the rest of the season off. Four games worth of form really says it all, doesn't it. No need to get worked up about what you perceive to be a lost cause. Maybe take up a hobby.

We'll call you if something interesting happens.

I won't wait by the phone :p

I get what you're all saying about the last 5-10 years but I think you're missing my point.
Our model worked then but the landscape has changed. With the increased TV money other teams that historically had no money are now awash with it. It looks as though our last chance to catch the big boys - financial fair play - has been utterly abandoned.

I get that we have to build a stadium. However, unless Daniel has saved all of our non player related transfers (tv rights, tickets, merchandise, sponsorship etc) since 2001 then we are only going to be worse off for years to come. Arsenal timed theirs spot on by building it when they were a stable CL club and used that to attract top young talent. What have we got?
The heights we reached under redknapp are seeming like a long time ago now. :(
I'm sure the last time we really spent money was in the January aftermath of Ramos.

But everyone including us is awash with the new money. All that means are the prices are higher. We sell for me, we pay more, we still break even.

The other clubs in EPL don't have more money than us relatively. Our stadium constraint still holds us. They can perhaps shop better on Europe than before but there will be a lot of those buys in the bargain bucket by seasons end. Our relative purchasing power cf. Stoke is still the same.

Things might worry you but until the season ends (good period through) it is unfair to compare. We had a decent squad already. Have some faith in them.

Yes Jeremy Peace has him locked in a room that will only open at 6pm tomorrow.I think it will take 30mill plus. I just don't see us paying it.

mirror think 25m will do it...It doesnt look as if anyone else is in for him at present.

I think we can do this but are harmed by the uncertainty of Ade & Lennon.

mirror think 25m will do it...It doesnt look as if anyone else is in for him at present.

I think we can do this but are harmed by the uncertainty of Ade & Lennon.

should have nothing to do with signing Berahino.....you cannot miss out on a talented player whilst you are trying to get rid of deadwood. Its nonsense. Ade and lennon will go, if not now, maybe in Jan but definitely next summer. Right now is our one and only chance to get Berahino and we should try our best to get the deal over the line. However we have probably left it all too late.

We really have not a scooby as to any of these transfers!
But there will be budgets to adhere to.
WBA chairman may well want to prove a point - he tried to sell the club earlier this summer so he might be a man with a mission and something to prove.

should have nothing to do with signing Berahino.....you cannot miss out on a talented player whilst you are trying to get rid of deadwood. Its nonsense. Ade and lennon will go, if not now, maybe in Jan but definitely next summer. Right now is our one and only chance to get Berahino and we should try our best to get the deal over the line. However we have probably left it all too late.

Getting those two off the wage bill might give us those few extra million we are currently shy of. I think there are incredibly fine margins at spurs. There's no wheelbarrow full of cash. It's just a balance sheet.

Getting those two off the wage bill might give us those few extra million we are currently shy of. I think there are incredibly fine margins at spurs. There's no wheelbarrow full of cash. It's just a balance sheet.

its managing potentially for one year.....you have to think long term. Berahino is our long term, we shouldnt miss out him because in the short term we cannot get rid of 2 wasters.

£25million for this player would be the biggest mistake we make in all our recent shambolic transfer dealings. He wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter, in fact nobody Poch signs seems to start much!

I won't wait by the phone :p

I get what you're all saying about the last 5-10 years but I think you're missing my point.
Our model worked then but the landscape has changed. With the increased TV money other teams that historically had no money are now awash with it. It looks as though our last chance to catch the big boys - financial fair play - has been utterly abandoned.

I get that we have to build a stadium. However, unless Daniel has saved all of our non player related transfers (tv rights, tickets, merchandise, sponsorship etc) since 2001 then we are only going to be worse off for years to come. Ar5ena1 timed theirs spot on by building it when they were a stable CL club and used that to attract top young talent. What have we got?
The heights we reached under redknapp are seeming like a long time ago now. :(
I'm sure the last time we really spent money was in the January aftermath of Ramos.

The increased TV money will be eaten up by increased transfer fees and wages. Our position remains unchanged for the moment.

£25million for this player would be the biggest mistake we make in all our recent shambolic transfer dealings. He wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter, in fact nobody Poch signs seems to start much!

Who should we sign then and how would they be better than Berahino?

I don't recall Everton ever giving us much space to run into.

On the whole, they seemed to employ the standard "away team at WHL" tactic of 10 men behind the ball, a big lump up front and attacking on the break in small numbers.

This kind of what I'm thinking as well, I would think that a tricky maverick type player would be of more use in those situations but maybe I'm wrong.

Back