• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Great post. I think we could certainly debate your last point. With the money splashing around now, our current status as a top 5 team is certainly under threat. Players move around for many reasons but the main one is money. Players we would previously have considered to come to us are going to the likes of Stoke, poocastle and other "lesser" teams. While we continue to channel are money into infrastructure projects like the stadium( rightly or wrongly) and training facilities and do not invest in players as the others teams around us are there is a risk that we will put the generally up ward trajectory we have been on under Enic at risk. I understand that it is a very difficult choice and I respect levy greatly and I am not saying that we shouldn't build the stadium. I just think we need to be aware of the risks with this current financial strategy.
However, it will be a temporary setback, methinks. When the stadium is built we'll be the far more attractive option, even if we're mid table at that time, because our upside will be far greater. So it is a risk, but not one I would be too concerned about.

Great post. I think we could certainly debate your last point. With the money splashing around now, our current status as a top 5 team is certainly under threat. Players move around for many reasons but the main one is money. Players we would previously have considered to come to us are going to the likes of Stoke, poocastle and other "lesser" teams. While we continue to channel are money into infrastructure projects like the stadium( rightly or wrongly) and training facilities and do not invest in players as the others teams around us are there is a risk that we will put the generally up ward trajectory we have been on under Enic at risk. I understand that it is a very difficult choice and I respect levy greatly and I am not saying that we shouldn't build the stadium. I just think we need to be aware of the risks with this current financial strategy.

I absolutely agree with you. How the stadium is financed and the effect that that will have on our finances is absolutely crucial to get right. On the one hand, we could benefit from the increased revenues immediately which would be great. On the other, we could have a noose around our necks that will mean years of austerity. It's interesting that we haven't yet heard about what the structure of the financing is going to be. I would imagine that aside from transfers, this is something that is currently being looked at with a number of scenarios. Included within that would be an amount to spend on transfers to keep us "competitive".

IF we do sign him, how do you think he will be utilised? Do you think Poch will change much in our approach?
I'm interested to see this, and what changes are made etc. I hope it's not more of the same, with a different fella up top. Do you think Poch will play 2 up front, or some kind of variation, 4-4-1-1 etc, with Kane as the deeper player?

IF we do sign him, how do you think he will be utilised? Do you think Poch will change much in our approach?
I'm interested to see this, and what changes are made etc. I hope it's not more of the same, with a different fella up top. Do you think Poch will play 2 up front, or some kind of variation, 4-4-1-1 etc, with Kane as the deeper player?

4231/433 with Berahino off the left is what I'm expecting

Makes little difference. He's waived his rights to the loyalty bonus and they still look strong to their fans.

Isnt that why players do it these days on occasions? The loyalty bonus doesnt have to be paid, perhaps we make up that difference to him and also they can say to their fans that he was sold because he didnt want to be at the club any longer and use this as evidence?

Makes little difference. He's waived his rights to the loyalty bonus and they still look strong to their fans.

Exactly.

The fact that West Brom are acting all of this out in public is a sure sign that they are gearing up to sell him. This is a show for their fans. Nothing more.

Only doubt remaining, IMO, is the possibility of a bigger club like Man Utd doing a Willian on us.

Back