• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

As crazy as it sounds I reckon WBA encouraged him to hand a transfer request in so they could refuse it ( makes them look good to the press) but behind scenes WBA and Spurs have agreed a deal. This is all about making WBA look like they had no other choice because big bad Berahino left them with no option. This keep the blame away from the club/chairman.
Not crazy at all. Spurs are offering £Xm and won't budge... WBA want £Ym... meanwhile Berahino is sitting quiet getting paid by WBA to not play and waiting for his loyalty bonus AND waiting for a better wage at Spurs... so both WBA and Spurs tell Berahino to hand in a transfer request so both parties will be happy, then Bera can get his move and he is the one that "loses out" on the money... but it is in his interest to get it happening and he'll earn double at Spurs anyway so sod it... that is what is going on IMO.

Yea you may be right. My only thing is the more they delay it, the more time they have to potentially invite other suitors. Who knows it could all very much be done and dusted but Levy has agreed with Pearce to let him save face and come out fighting, as Levy very much understands this position!

I think he will still end up signing just frustrating as hell that it takes until the deadline day to take it over the line.

Look at the men involved...this is a tinkling contest which has gone to the wire. Victims are player and our club. Player has been turned, our club has dropped 7 points. Levy lowballs, Jezza high-balls and it's all gonad*s.

I agree with Raziel, I would be more surprised if it doesnt go through.

I bet Berahino has been told by WBA the only way out is if he plays by the their rules. As crazy as it sounds I reckon WBA encouraged him to hand a transfer request in so they could refuse it ( makes them look good to the press) but behind scenes WBA and Spurs have agreed a deal. This is all about making WBA look like they had no other choice because big bad Berahino left them with no option. This keep the blame away from the club/chairman.

Or I could just be talking rubbish and come next week he will still be a WBA player.

I can't help but feel like this is what we do when we sell up.

When you have something that you know someone else is desperate for then the price goes up.

I personally think that in today's market he's worth £20m rising to £25m with add-ons
When you desperately need to sell something the price goes down.

They don't desperately need to sell unfortunately. We desperately need a striker more than they need to sell.
Assuming they are desperate to sell. ....
They have more forwards than they can play or afford.
Berahino has already made it clear he doesn't want to be there.
His value will halve next summer.

They need to sell as much as we need to buy.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm right. He's going to Utd though!
I have feared this from the beginning although at the moment it would appear we are the only ones with any serious interest.
On the need to sell thing, do WBA need to sell him. They could sell anichebe and brown ideye. if they keep him and his goals guarantee them top flight status the extra money more than compensates for any losses on his fee.

Reactions: DTA
I have feared this from the beginning although at the moment it would appear we are the only ones with any serious interest.
On the need to sell thing, do WBA need to sell him. They could sell anichebe and brown ideye. if they keep him and his goals guarantee them top flight status the extra money more than compensates for any losses on his fee.
In theory they could indeed sell those two.... Finding another club who would take them and pay them a wage comparable to what they are currently earning might prove difficult however.

Back