• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Even if we haven't made a formal bid, that doesn't necessarily mean we aren't negotiating, it just makes it unlikely a deal is imminent. It might just be misdirection, of course; Levy likes to hold his cards even closer to his chest these days.

Last edited:
how do you know he isnt waiting for Tottenham to make a bid for him

The difference is, of course, that parklane1 isn't busy slagging off the club on the basis of zero knowledge of what is actually happening. Nor, as far as I'm aware, is he busy praising the club for its transfer activity. He is merely making the point that we don't know what is happening.

He therefore does not carry the burden of proof. The same cannot be said for those who are slagging the club off for its transfer activity (or lack of). They must be able to substantiate their complaints but have, of course, been wholly unable to do so. In which respect, it is perfectly correct that they are called out on it.

So to summarise, no one knows what is going on behind the scenes or if we are even interested in signing him. Therefore no one has the licence to whinge....

The difference is, of course, that parklane1 isn't busy slagging off the club on the basis of zero knowledge of what is actually happening. Nor, as far as I'm aware, is he busy praising the club for its transfer activity. He is merely making the point that we don't know what is happening.

He therefore does not carry the burden of proof. The same cannot be said for those who are slagging the club off for its transfer activity (or lack of). They must be able to substantiate their complaints but have, of course, been wholly unable to do so. In which respect, it is perfectly correct that they are called out on it.

internet_police.gif

such serious place this internetland

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 'We don't know' what is happening, so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic. After the window closes and we're left with a Stambouli and a Fazio (as we were last season), 'we don't know' if Poch wanted them as first choice or not, so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic. Then, when those same players are sold on after a single unproductive season with nary a second look by Poch, well, 'we don't know' why Poch sold them so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic.

And when the 'proof' you seek is provided by former managers queuing up to denounce the club's behind-the-scenes activity in the press? 'Oh, well they're obviously lying to make themselves look better'. And that can be believed 100% despite still not knowing what went on behind the scenes.

Curious thing, hypocrisy. Sigh.

As soon as someone slags of the club, Enic or Levy.. indirectly or directly you can guarantee jimmyb in his red cape will save the day. :rolleyes: Or is it putting them in there place. :rolleyes: tut

Hows that for calling out.

I'm going out now for a BBQ thank GHod.

Spot on, but those who do nothing but bitch and moan have no interest in proof before they whine.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 'We don't know' what is happening, so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic. After the window closes and we're left with a Stambouli and a Fazio (as we were last season), 'we don't know' if Poch wanted them as first choice or not, so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic. Then, when those same players are sold on after a single unproductive season with nary a second look by Poch, well, 'we don't know' why Poch sold them so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic.

And when the 'proof' you seek is provided by former managers queuing up to denounce the club's behind-the-scenes activity in the press? 'Oh, well they're obviously lying to make themselves look better'. And that can be believed 100% despite still not knowing what went on behind the scenes.

Curious thing, hypocrisy. Sigh.

That record must be about worn out, I bet Levy is really sorry he kicked your dog/cat.

Not the point. If, like jimmyb, one is willing to rag people on this forum for holding opinions without 'knowing what goes on' behind the scenes, but is perfectly willing to disbelieve what evidence is provided without knowing what goes on behind the scenes, then one's a tad hypocritcial, plain and simple. That's all. Little to do with Levy or Berahino (who, for what it's worth, I think will sign before the window closes).

I'm sick of some people acting sanctimonious and holier-than-thou with people who support the same damn team they do, even going to the extent of relentlessly haranguing those people for daring to be upset by a loss. At the start of what's supposed to be a good season, that's revolting to witness.

Last edited:
I'm sick of some people acting sanctimonious and holier-than-thou with people who support the same damn team they do, even going to the extent of relentlessly haranguing those people for daring to be upset by a loss. At the start of what's supposed to be a good season, that's revolting to witness.

Pretty much as some are sick of the same flimflam moaning and bitching all the time like some spoilt child.

Pretty much as some are sick of the same ******** moaning and bitching all the time like some spoilt child.

Pretty much. Difference is, while the former group target the board, our transfer policy or (in rare cases) our manager, the latter group exclusively target their fellow fans who dare to hold a different opinion to their own: anyone who speaks up is immediately castigated and swamped by demands to shut up and pipe down by the hypocritical bunch of arrogant tacos who lead those witchhunts.

Constant bitching about how horrible your fellow fans are and how superior you are to them...relentless, monotonous harping about 'broken records'...these people are the epitome of the imaginary sort they seek to silence.

I have said many time having a moan and bitch is fine ( its what all fans do at times), what does get tiresome is those who never do anything else but spew out the same bitching and moans most of the time. And I guess you know all about that and agendas.

Mmm. And of course, the arbiters of whether those fans are having the 'same' moan or a different moan are of course, you and the others who define what is and isn't acceptable bitching: indeed, if we go by your rules you can't be unhappy about something more than once, else you're 'one of the same people from last season who eternally love a bitch and a moan', or some similar disgusting tripe.

Yeah, you think I have an agenda, the whole world gets that by now, and you'd see that if you weren't blinded by your own rank hypocrisy and monotonous, one-track rasping about records. Anyway, stop derailing this thread. If jimmyb replies, I'll be happy to engage with him because he generally reads what I say in its entirety before responding. You refuse to do the same, and there's no use engaging in a conversation with posters of that sort.

Mmm. And of course, the arbiters of whether those fans are having the 'same' moan or a different moan are of course, you and the others who define what is and isn't acceptable bitching: indeed, if we go by your rules you can't be unhappy about something more than once, else you're 'one of the same people from last season who eternally love a bitch and a moan', or some similar disgusting tripe.

Yeah, you think I have an agenda, the whole world gets that by now, and you'd see that if you weren't blinded by your own rank hypocrisy and monotonous, one-track rasping about records. Anyway, stop derailing this thread. If jimmyb replies, I'll be happy to engage with him because he generally reads what I say in its entirety before responding. You refuse to do the same, and there's no use engaging in a conversation with posters of that sort.

Maybe he suffers fools better then I do, anyway I will leave it there as you are boring me.

The more I think about it, the more I think this lad would be a good signing. Bit of pace, goals and would give us a much different option either upfront or as a wide forward. I am convinced that Chadli can cover Kane if necessary.

Back