• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I'm using evidence of past trends, rather than some spun narrative:

- 13 windows of zero net spend to the penny

- A history of 'through the motions' deadline day dramas that always come to nothing (Aguero, Moutinho, Leandro) because ultimately they don't fit our constraints/longer term strategy

- The fact that Son and Berahino are very similar players who play in the same position, and we signed Son just 3 days before

OH, don't go giving me doubts now, mate. :p I find it difficult (nay, impossible) to believe that West Brom would ostracise Berahino by calling him 'unfit' and banishing him to the U-21s, throwing away millions of pounds when it comes to his sell-on value and conducting that entire public farce of refusing to sell to Levy even on the final day if we genuinely dropped all interest in Berahino before the deadline and got on with our lives. Why'd they do all that? Why are they still doing that? To do Levy a favour?

Whatever the merits of Levy's companionship, it isn't worth sacrificing your public profile and millions of pounds, I'm sure you'll agree. So I don't think this whole Berahino thing was staged: I think we genuinely made an attempt for him that failed ,even after signing Son. Whether we'll try again is another matter, but enough public evidence has accrued to convince me of the existence of the initial attempt post-Son. And this is coming from someone who very much believes that the Aguero, Llorente and Rossi deadline-day bids in 2011 were an act.

So in Gutterboys mind it's more plausible to think Levy, Poch, Peace, Berahino and Pullis were all pulling the wool over our eyes in the summer than it is to think we'd spend a few mill over our (unofficial) transfer budget? I say a few mil as thanks to Peace we know the break down of what we offered and iirc it was 25% x 4 years so about 6m a year - or a Fazio/Townsend sale come Jan next/ summer.

Are you implying Daniel Levy is a prostitute?

If so, what are his rates and does he do kissing?

article-2371834-0D9BDAAA00000578-525_634x474.jpg

I ain't saying nuthin', copper. :D

So in Gutterboys mind it's more plausible to think Levy, Poch, Peace, Berahino and Pullis were all pulling the wool over our eyes in the summer than it is to think we'd spend a few mill over our (unofficial) transfer budget? I say a few mil as thanks to Peace we know the break down of what we offered and iirc it was 25% x 4 years so about 6m a year - or a Fazio/Townsend sale come Jan next/ summer.

Pulis keeping him on the bench since then is all part of the conspiracy.

Berahino needs to grow up rather quickly if we do actually sign him. Some of his behavior really makes me not want us to sign him as it makes it seem like he wouldn't be a great fit in our current squad of hard working young professionals.

I'm thinking the other way around: if we really did have any hand in his agitation (perhaps by asking him to behave this way at some point), then it's really incumbent on us to once again do what we can to sign him come January, since he'd probably look at it as holding up his end and thus would likely expect action from ours. All speculative, of course.

I'm thinking the other way around: if we really did have any hand in his agitation (perhaps by asking him to behave this way at some point), then it's really incumbent on us to once again do what we can to sign him come January, since he'd probably look at it as holding up his end and thus would likely expect action from ours. All speculative, of course.

I get that you're speculating. But this kind of behaviour, along with some of his previous, along with him seemingly not doing enough in training or games to get a regular start under Pulis now...

Even if you're right and this is somehow instigated by us all I'll say is that we should expect nothing less if a bigger club than us becomes interested a year or two after signing for us. He signed for WBA at the age of 12 according to wikipedia. He's no 22 and behaving like this after one summer of not getting his move playing for a mid table PL side...

I agree with the above, there are concerns that he is a petulant child, which would not fit with us.
Rose has a temper, but has learned to channel it - I suspect if he hadn't, he would have been moved on.
With a big signing comes the added position of it being a lot harder to just move them on - and personality is hard to teach. That said, the attitude of our group is likely to have a positive influence on anyone that joins it - as long as Berahino doesn't think he is billy big bollox because of his price tag.

£25m is still 12.5% of our entire annual turnover

Plus there's the £25m in wages over the length of the contract.

It was a £50m deal. Which Son and Lamela have since gone on to prove was unnecessary.

I'm not sure what it matters how much the deal is in relation to our turnover when it's being paid off over 4 years, nor am I sure how his wages work in relation to net spend or how that contradicts every man involved in the deal saying that we were bidding for him on the last day of the window :confused:

Berahino is a finisher. He's more of a natural CF than Son GB. So if we signed him, he could play as a Kane replacement within the side. He could also play in one of the supporting roles (as Kane can too). Poch loves his fluid systems. But I think Berahino is best as an out and out CF. Was he was played as an out an out CF at westbrom last season, were he scored 20 odd goals?

Berahino is a finisher. He's more of a natural CF than Son GB. So if we signed him, he could play as a Kane replacement within the side. He could also play in one of the supporting roles (as Kane can too). Poch loves his fluid systems. But I think Berahino is best as an out and out CF. Was he was played as an out an out CF at westbrom last season, were he scored 20 odd goals?

Like playing Defoe or Bent as a lone forward?

How does 'natural forward' and 'can also play the supporting roles' translate to a Defoe or Bent style forward?

I said something similar in the striker thread which is why I want us to sign him. We need a more clinical finisher to complement our wide forwards.

He will be wearing a ManU shirt according to whispers in tha Manc press.

They will pay the price being asked by Peace

Back