• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Injured more often than not

And when not injured, he's pretty crap anyway

So which other LB do we keep along with Udogie? Davies or Reggie?

Davies
Reggie is off
He had a horrendous season last year and cant have another one
Him as an attacking full back is an issue as he lack the intelligence needed

Sad to hear that, i really had high hopes for him when we signed him but it seems he really is a sick note. Only 23 and lets hope for his sake he can end the injury curse that has followed him around.

That's what I said earlier in this thread.

- It's no longer is he a capable player (I have my doubts), it's he simply can't be depended on to be available, hasn't fudging made it out of preseason.

I suspect we will go buy a LB now

Absolutely Davies.

Davies (defensive) and Udogie (attacking) seem a really well balanced pairing, just as Royal (defensive) and Spence (attacking) are on the right.

- It's no longer is he a capable player (I have my doubts), it's he simply can't be depended on to be available, hasn't fudging made it out of preseason.

We can't buy a LB when we currently have 5 on our books!

I've never been convinced by him as a fullback or even wingback and I'm sure I wrote something along those lines before we bought him, I've looked on this thread from the start and by Jan 2020 many were questioning his self belief. He's got bags of talent and looked comfortable playing left midfield or attacker but it looked to me as he never had the right mindset to defend. It's a shame it will be better for all if he can find an other club and try to kick start his career .

You know who our CEO is?

No way are we buying more LBs when we have Perisic (Bronze World Cup medal holder), Davies (seasoned pro and Mr safe pair of boots), Reggie (attacking, promising LB with it all to prove), Udogie (hottest young LB in Italys top league).

I've never been convinced by him as a fullback or even wingback and I'm sure I wrote something along those lines before we bought him, I've looked on this thread from the start and by Jan 2020 many were questioning his self belief. He's got bags of talent and looked comfortable playing left midfield or attacker but it looked to me as he never had the right mindset to defend. It's a shame it will be better for all if he can find an other club and try to kick start his career .
He should spend his time off (again) on full pay with a therapist to try and sort out his weak mental attitude as well as getting himself physically fit
The bloke like Lo Celso, N'Dombele is another stealing a living from us, we need rid of these leeches

He should spend his time off (again) on full pay with a therapist to try and sort out his weak mental attitude as well as getting himself physically fit
The bloke like Lo Celso, N'Dombele is another stealing a living from us, we need rid of these leeches
I'm hoping Ange is some kind of hybrid of drill sergeant and therapist. Not scared to scream at the players if they need it, but does so out of a caring empathic place (with a touch of psychological manipulation to get in their heads and get them to perform at a higher level).
I don't see players like Tanguy reacting well to this approach, but then again, he's lazy so of course he wouldn't.

Davies (defensive) and Udogie (attacking) seem a really well balanced pairing, just as Royal (defensive) and Spence (attacking) are on the right.

No. Pick a system and have round pegs in round holes.

If we want attacking full backs then fine. Have two for each side
If we want defensive full backs then fine. Have two for each side

Just one or the other. Otherwise it throws the team when you have an injury

I dont care who plays fullback as long as they can defend, if they have the skill and ability to attack that's a bonus, their first job is to defend. We wouldn't sign a forward on his ability to defend.

It's tactical though. The same as we have direct WFs (Son and Porro) and indirect ones (Kulu and Gil).

With that combination you've got 4 different setups - all attacking, all defensive, wonky left and wonky right. There's no point just having 2 pairs of identical players, particularly when we have no need to rotate this year.

Back