• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Seeing as you asked no he has not achieved ( or been given ) full immunity by me or anyone else. But it does not take long for some to object to him being played as he learns the game. Overall he has played well so far and as i said he is 22 and i have not problem with him so far. ( ALL players have poor games)

Why am I (or others) not allowed to say I don’t think he played well and I’d prefer Perisic in the big games? What’s so scandalous about that?

Why am I (or others) not allowed to say I don’t think he played well and I’d prefer Perisic in the big games? What’s so scandalous about that?

Nothing scandalous at all and of course you are allowed to say what the hell you want, just like everyone else but when/if you do so do not be surprised to see that others might disagree with you.

Sess was mentally weak. He was outnumbered and constantly manhandled so he needed to up his aggression level and fight back, pull a nasty, get a foul or something.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Sess was mentally weak. He was outnumbered and constantly manhandled so he needed to up his aggression level and fight back, pull a nasty, get a foul or something.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Defensively he did ok in the circumstances. Yes, didn't give us much joy going forward but neither did lots of our players.
There will be other games against less string opposition where he will be a monster.

He will likely learn a lot from Perisic and become even more effective for us in the big games. Good to have options.

Defensively he did ok in the circumstances. Yes, didn't give us much joy going forward but neither did lots of our players.
There will be other games against less string opposition where he will be a monster.

He will likely learn a lot from Perisic and become even more effective for us in the big games. Good to have options.
Sess really wasn't getting too much help from Son on his flank. Personally, I'm happy to give him time and let him develop, but next season with Destiny at the club (presumably), there should still be enough minutes for at least those two assuming we're in Europe as well. Fortunately, Perisic can cover a few positions so I'm sure he can always find a space in the team if he becomes a key player for us.

Sess really wasn't getting too much help from Son on his flank. Personally, I'm happy to give him time and let him develop, but next season with Destiny at the club (presumably), there should still be enough minutes for at least those two assuming we're in Europe as well. Fortunately, Perisic can cover a few positions so I'm sure he can always find a space in the team if he becomes a key player for us.
In the system we played Holberg should have been giving him some help , not Son.

In the system we played Holberg should have been giving him some help , not Son.

That post was from a previous game, not the Brighton one.

In our 3-4-3 Son has to take a fair bit of that responsibility. Was also true for the period we did switch to a 3-4-3 against Brighton.

That post was from a previous game, not the Brighton one.

In our 3-4-3 Son has to take a fair bit of that responsibility. Was also true for the period we did switch to a 3-4-3 against Brighton.
Oh right ok, didn't know it was from a previous match thread as it was posted in the Brighton match thread.
I meant the system we started with and played in the first half.

Good for Sess, hope he is mentally strong enough to use this to set a new base line for himself.
Seen his confidence yo-yo massively since he joined us. Maybe having Perisic to mentor him was what he needed.
Yeah, I've been a critic but it's not that he's ever been awful, just that he rarely imposes himself on the opposition and has looked over awed by it all since he came.

Be interesting to see if he keeps his place and gets to build on yesterday.

He'll be kicking himself as he should have been pushing for a world cup call up. He has talent and has improved his defensive duties but still needs more self belief, it's obvious Conte see sometime in him.

What do people think are his best strengths?

Very good physical attributes, though without truly elite pace. Good on the ball in several ways, but again without any one standout attribute like dribbling or crossing that would make him stand out more. Good defensively and seems a fairly intelligent player, awareness, vision. But again, not standout at this level.

I think his biggest strength is just that. Being good at a lot of things, well rounded player without any standout weaknesses.

For me players like that can get a bit lost. They don't have that one standout thing that they can just keep doing and succeed at no matter what. Can become unsure of their role, perhaps struggle with confidence as they're not consistently better than everyone at one or two specific things. Can't have a mediocre game, then get the ball in one right situation and just deliver on their key skill set with a fairly high frequency.

At the same time players like that can become really good and important players. Quantity of attributes having a quality of it's own in a way. If they succeed they'll usually have a high floor to their performances, be able to do well in a wide range of game states as they're not reliant on getting in the right situation to use their standout ability. But most of the time I think they fall a bit short of the truly best in the business players, to get there you need those standout attributes.

Not sure if Sessegnon will be able to get there on any single attribute given time. Time will tell. I think he can become a very good and very important player without it. Confidence, belief, determination seems to be part of the issue, but seems to be heading in the right direction.

Will probably need time, and not just months. I get the feeling he's not going to suddenly explode like Bale once did, like Kane did, like Son did, like Alli did. If he truly succeeds (high level) I'm guessing it will be more gradually, over a couple of years. Perhaps one or two attributes developing, but mostly finding his role, finding ways to use his strengths to the greatest effect in a wide range of situations.

Very good physical attributes, though without truly elite pace. Good on the ball in several ways, but again without any one standout attribute like dribbling or crossing that would make him stand out more. Good defensively and seems a fairly intelligent player, awareness, vision. But again, not standout at this level.

I think his biggest strength is just that. Being good at a lot of things, well rounded player without any standout weaknesses.

For me players like that can get a bit lost. They don't have that one standout thing that they can just keep doing and succeed at no matter what. Can become unsure of their role, perhaps struggle with confidence as they're not consistently better than everyone at one or two specific things. Can't have a mediocre game, then get the ball in one right situation and just deliver on their key skill set with a fairly high frequency.

At the same time players like that can become really good and important players. Quantity of attributes having a quality of it's own in a way. If they succeed they'll usually have a high floor to their performances, be able to do well in a wide range of game states as they're not reliant on getting in the right situation to use their standout ability. But most of the time I think they fall a bit short of the truly best in the business players, to get there you need those standout attributes.

Not sure if Sessegnon will be able to get there on any single attribute given time. Time will tell. I think he can become a very good and very important player without it. Confidence, belief, determination seems to be part of the issue, but seems to be heading in the right direction.

Will probably need time, and not just months. I get the feeling he's not going to suddenly explode like Bale once did, like Kane did, like Son did, like Alli did. If he truly succeeds (high level) I'm guessing it will be more gradually, over a couple of years. Perhaps one or two attributes developing, but mostly finding his role, finding ways to use his strengths to the greatest effect in a wide range of situations.
The competition for a place next season is going to be immense with Peresic still having a year left and Udogie coming (who looks absolutely brick hot). Sess is going really have to rise to the competition to keep his head above water, which is a great thing to have.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back