• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Would have to be a damned good loan. PL club wanting him as first choice at left back (or whatever position the club thinks he will be best on long term) imo.

He'll get at least conference games and LC games staying this first half of the season. Chance to work under Nuno on however Nuno wants him to play in training.

I I can't dance with that.

Would have to be a damned good loan. PL club wanting him as first choice at left back (or whatever position the club thinks he will be best on long term) imo.

He'll get at least conference games and LC games staying this first half of the season. Chance to work under Nuno on however Nuno wants him to play in training.
I think that's right. With everything that needs to shake out, keeping Sess around makes sense. As you say there are plenty of games for Nuno to assess him and develop him. We can make a call in January.

FWIW I think he's looked better in these last two games than before. Better mentally, focused and looking to get involved.

I think that's right. With everything that needs to shake out, keeping Sess around makes sense. As you say there are plenty of games for Nuno to assess him and develop him. We can make a call in January.

FWIW I think he's looked better in these last two games than before. Better mentally, focused and looking to get involved.

I agree.

I think he needs 30-40 games this season to keep developing, he's not going to get that with us.

I think we just need to play him, probably at left back. What has Kyle Walker got that Sess doesn’t?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Problem with that is

- Reguilon is streets ahead of him (even if Reguilon has some developing to do himself)
- Davies is still here, and showed last night an interesting tactical option (just sitting while Gil & LW combine ahead and Doherty goes forward on other side)
- LW can be any of Bergwijn, Gil or Son (no chance for him there)

He probably just about gets in the B team options for cups, just not enough games, he still looks a full season off making real impacts

I think we just need to play him, probably at left back. What has Kyle Walker got that Sess doesn’t?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Well the ridiculous pace is fairly obvious. While not slow, Sessengnon doesn't appear especially rapid. Also upper body strength again, Walker has loads not sure if Ryan does, he hasn't demonstrated any.

I find it a bit of weird comparison, they don't seem that alike to me.

Problem with that is

- Reguilon is streets ahead of him (even if Reguilon has some developing to do himself)
- Davies is still here, and showed last night an interesting tactical option (just sitting while Gil & LW combine ahead and Doherty goes forward on other side)
- LW can be any of Bergwijn, Gil or Son (no chance for him there)

He probably just about gets in the B team options for cups, just not enough games, he still looks a full season off making real impacts

Davies is similar to Winks in that he looks commanding against weaker opposition, and is shown up at times against quality sides. But as a 3 at the back he's ideal.

I don't think Reguilion is streets ahead. Sess probably has him for pace, strength, height, and...possibly defensive prowess. Going forward they are both good. But I would say Sess is possibly the better finisher despite being 4 years his junior. I do agree that at this moment Reguilon is better, more composed and settled. But if Sessengnon can get settled, I think he could be better than Reguilon. But great to have them both and Sess will hopefully rotate with Reggie, and crucially get a stretch of games to settle.

Well the ridiculous pace is fairly obvious. While not slow, Sessengnon doesn't appear especially rapid. Also upper body strength again, Walker has loads not sure if Ryan does, he hasn't demonstrated any.

I find it a bit of weird comparison, they don't seem that alike to me.

Walker is faster for sure, but not by much. Sessengon has more technique than Walker did at his age, however. Sessengnon is pretty strong, that is obvious, he can hold off men at pace. He saw off one player to the byline last night without breaking a sweat. You find it weird whenit is clear both are fast players, and both are pretty strong? Granted Sess is not as developed, but he has technique and finishing that Walker never has.

That comes with games. And good management.

To an extent, you should be a better defender with experience, but I think you've got to like defending to be a good defender. I'm not in love with pretend fullbacks, give me someone who can tackle, cover, pass and doesn't want to be a winger.

Walker is faster for sure, but not by much. Sessengon has more technique than Walker did at his age, however. Sessengnon is pretty strong, that is obvious, he can hold off men at pace. He saw off one player to the byline last night without breaking a sweat. You find it weird whenit is clear both are fast players, and both are pretty strong? Granted Sess is not as developed, but he has technique and finishing that Walker never has.

Walker is a tank mate, he's a fudging unit and years of experience using that strength.

At the same age, there probably isn't much between them, but Walker has developed over the years quite well and consistently.

From 2018

10 fastest players in the Premier League so far
1. Isaac Mbenza (Huddersfield) - 34.953 km/h

2. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton) - 34.935 km/h

3. Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) - 34.913 km/h

4. Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) - 34.894 km/h

5. Willian (Chelsea) - 34.892 km/h

6. Helder Costa (Wolverhampton Wanderers) - 34.858 km/h

7. Terence Kongolo (Huddersfield) - 34.853 km/h

8. Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project) 34.845 km/h

9. Aaron Lennon (Burnley) - 34.826 km/h

10. Ryan Fredericks (West Ham) - 34.767 km/h

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7482...far-this-season-ryan-sessegnon-romelu-lukaku/

Speed is not everything. But I think it is fair to say Sessegnon is in Walkers bracket. Walker was widely castigated on here when he was Sess' age. There is no doubt that Sess is also strong. But all of this counts for nothing. It is about performances and awareness and keeping your cool in games. I'm pretty sure Nuno can see Ryan's ability, and him and Reguilon should be awesome LBs for us. Reguilon has more experience, and though anything can happen, for me, longer-term I think Sessegnon has the higher ceiling because of his physique, pace and ability in front of goal.

Walker isn't a pacey player he's literally one of the fastest players in the PL. Sessengnon hasn't shown anything even close to that speed wise.

Their play styles also seem very different, Sess is like you say by far the better attacker. Just seems a weird comparison, Sess can and has played as an attacker whereas Walker was only ever played as a defender.

Walker is an interesting comparison. As he wasn't so highly regarded when with us, and Sessengon's raw attributes are not that dissimilar. Arguably Sessegnon is more skilful, certainly if you judge them at a comparative age. I think Sessegnon just needs games and patience. As Walker did. I would play Sess at LB, and he would maraud forward. He loves 1-2s and I think that is the answer to unlocking his attacking potential. He needs to play off people and be able to sprint down the line. Unlike Walker, he is capable of cutting in and finishing from the edge of the box.

Walker isn't a pacey player he's literally one of the fastest players in the PL. Sessengnon hasn't shown anything even close to that speed wise.

Their play styles also seem very different, Sess is like you say by far the better attacker. Just seems a weird comparison, Sess can and has played as an attacker whereas Walker was only ever played as a defender.
Did you read the post above yours?

Did you read the post above yours?
That has top speeds listed which is not particularly relevant. Speed of acceleration is a far more useful stat. Walker has insane acceleration so gets to his top speed very quickly, never seen anything like that from Sess. Maybe he has it but I've never seen it.

Back